sasaqlain

Delay in NOA for I-130!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi!

I filed the I-130 on the 26th of November, 2008 through USPS and it was received the next day in Chicago. The Check Cleared on the 6th Of December, 2008. Its already the 12th Dec. now. Shouldn't I have received an NOA from the USCIS by now. Does it take this long normally! Anybody like to share his views? Also, incase mail gets lost for some reason, what do I do then. Do the USCIS issue duplicates or give any information in such a case.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Don't worry. I don't think its been long enough to be concerned. You need the NOA2, not NOA1. So you're fine there. Also, USCIS will re-issue for a hefty fee. But you can get it for free didn't receive it and you are persistent. Key word, persistent. We did a K1 and I didn't recieve our NOA2 until after my hubby had his vias and was in the states.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi!

I filed the I-130 on the 26th of November, 2008 through USPS and it was received the next day in Chicago. The Check Cleared on the 6th Of December, 2008. Its already the 12th Dec. now. Shouldn't I have received an NOA from the USCIS by now. Does it take this long normally! Anybody like to share his views? Also, incase mail gets lost for some reason, what do I do then. Do the USCIS issue duplicates or give any information in such a case.

Well your check had been cleared so they received it. Sometimes due to holiday season things are getting slower than the regular months..

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi!

Look at my timeline. I been patient to wait for my NOA1 to arrive and ti came after few days since my cheque was cleared.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I called USCIS yesterday about certain procedures. If you haven't gotten your NOA1 yet, you would need to call them 30 days after you filed. If there is still no action, wait for another 30 days. Just so you would know what your receipt number is --- and join the regular USCIS Status Online checkers (just kidding!) --- or you can call them and ask what your receipt number is.

Timeline

Lianne1014,

Thanks for the reply. Which number did you you call the USCIS on. The number they gave on the website, nobody picks it up. It kept me waiting for almost 45 minutes twice with recorded messages that just waste your time. Is there any number where you can get hold of somebody.

Thanks.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Lianne1014,

Thanks for the reply. Which number did you you call the USCIS on. The number they gave on the website, nobody picks it up. It kept me waiting for almost 45 minutes twice with recorded messages that just waste your time. Is there any number where you can get hold of somebody.

Thanks.

Just call the number on their website. I know that there is no direct call but you need to listen to the choices. In order to talk to a representative here is my suggestion. Choose the first option which says " if you want to order form or don't know what form to use press 1. The it will tell you that if you know what form to order please press 1 and if you don't the form what to use please press 2. In this case if your call wants to direct to a representative you better press 2. When you get a representative, just tell them that you cannot get hold to a specific person to talk with about your concern or you can say whatever your concerns are so that they will advise you what to do but most of the time they will transfer your call to another representatives that deals with that type of issues or concerns. I know that it's frustrating to call them and listen up all over to the choices which your concerns aren't there.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Timeline

OK....I think I should show some signs of worry now. Check for I-130 Cleared on 6th December. I still haven't received anything from USCIS. Its the 15th Dec. I am not sure it takes this long. The Package only contained the I-130 so atleast I should received the NOA1 by now. Has anybody else faced such delays?

IR5 For Parent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.