JIM & A.D.

December '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

1,243 posts in this topic

thanks natpatben :D i passed the medical, not the interview yet. :) l like your new pic too :yes:

Edited by maset09

AOS Timeline:
10.19.09 - sent AOS package (I-485,I-131,I-765)
10.21.09 - delivered; received by: J.CHYBA
10.27.09 - NOA I-485, I-765 and I-131
10.28.09 - check cashed
11.06.09 - Biometrics Appointment letter received, dated October 30, 2009
11.10.09 - case transferred to CSC
11.24.09 - Biometrics appointment
12.10.09 - EAD and AP card production ordered
12.15.09 - I-765 card production ordered and I-485 approval notice
12.18.09 - greencard and AP in the mail!
12.19.09 - EAD card in the mail

I-175 Timeline
10.17.11 - Filed I-175
10.21.11 - NOA
12.19.11 - Biometrics
07.09.12 - Approved

N-400 Timeline

08.06.15 - Filed N-400

08.13.15 - Check Cashed

08.17.15 - NOA

09.04.15 - Biometrics

09.17.15 - Interview letter received

10.15.15 - Interview. Approved.

11.06.15 - Oath Taking Ceremony / US CITIZEN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The rep in my Senator's office verified that they received my fax and said that their backlog is about 10 days for immigration cases, so that's when they expect to check the status with USCIS for me. They'll then mail me a letter letting me know they inquired. He said that USCIS takes up to 30 days to get back with them. However, I can call and check on the status at any time.

I really hope you hear something soon! USCIS replied to my Senator's inquiry in one day so maybe you'll hear sooner. I don't know how much help it provided to my case but I like to think it provided some. Good luck to you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The rep in my Senator's office verified that they received my fax and said that their backlog is about 10 days for immigration cases, so that's when they expect to check the status with USCIS for me. They'll then mail me a letter letting me know they inquired. He said that USCIS takes up to 30 days to get back with them. However, I can call and check on the status at any time.

I really hope you hear something soon! USCIS replied to my Senator's inquiry in one day so maybe you'll hear sooner. I don't know how much help it provided to my case but I like to think it provided some. Good luck to you!

How long was it from when you called your Senator until your Senator made the inquiry? Mine said 10 days on Friday, but I'm thinking to call in 5 or 6 days for a status update.

How long after your Senator's inquiry was it before you got NOA2?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

So far Nat I have had 3 congressman or senators look into my case and nothing so far. They all tell me the same thing, that I am within processing time, and that I am in line to be processed. I am REALLY trying to be patient! Just have to wait till next week......I am already at the 5 month mark this Friday! Never would have thought it would be taking this long

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline
So far Nat I have had 3 congressman or senators look into my case and nothing so far. They all tell me the same thing, that I am within processing time, and that I am in line to be processed. I am REALLY trying to be patient! Just have to wait till next week......I am already at the 5 month mark this Friday! Never would have thought it would be taking this long

THREE!! And nothing! :wow:

I'm right with you not thinking it would take this long. I was optimistically hoping for a March approval in the beginning. Now we're almost in June. :help:

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

THREE!! And nothing! :wow:

I'm right with you not thinking it would take this long. I was optimistically hoping for a March approval in the beginning. Now we're almost in June. :help:

I received a response within 48 hours of sending the signed forms to my Senator's office. I wrote a long letter to them about Nick and my story... meeting in 1996 and dating for a few years (we were just too young at that point...)... keeping in touch throughout the years and starting to date again in 2007 at which point we just knew we had to be together (obviously included a lot of details). I also explained that we had already changed our wedding date once which resulted in a significant loss of money and had rescheduled only to be concerned that we still wouldn't meet the date (problem being that cancelling this one would result in 100% loss!!). The first response I received stated that we had been assigned to an officer and they provided our A number. We had several responses back and forth that didn't result in much. In the last call I had with the office I was nearly in tears (was difficult to contain my emotions), the case worker stated that she would call and try to get more information. She called me back promptly and said that she spoke with them and that I should hear very soon. I ended up getting the approval about a week after that call, but I didn't know until the following week because the on-line system didn't update for us. I was in contact with the office for about a month to a month and a half before I got the approval. They were definitely working for me and never once said "you're within processing time". I may have just gotten a good person that could empathize with my situation. I am so glad to have been able to work with someone that was understanding as I was ready to lose it. I really do wish you luck... you guys deserve to get your NOA2 immediately! Keep checking your mail... maybe it is there :)

Timeline
Nick,

did they ever explain what took them so long?

Jenn & Nick is Nick?? I always thought of the person as Jenn.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm reading your folks stories this morning, and can't help but believe one particular adjudicator has all our files!

Just close your eyes for the moment and imagine what this person looks like, and what all the other co-workers think about his/her performance.

That is the only thing that makes me feel better at this point!

I have also been in contact with the congressman, my file somehow got crossed with someone else. When I initially explained to the caseworker, she was very understanding, and ready to get some answers. As soon as she hit the realized it was not going to be easy getting answers from USCIS, she came back with the same song and dance that you get from the call center. This is where I had about lost it! this is the jest of the response to the caseworker:

"I pay my tax's, I paid my application fee, and they screwed something up, I asked you to look into it, not because I am still within the "time frame", but because they made a mistake and I am sure this mistake has a lot to do with why this petition hasn't been touched since April. You work for me, I am your customer, I expected answers, not alloted time for response. I asked you to do two things, correct the error, and make sure the address was correct for her, because it was missing a cep #."

and would you know? I didn't get an email back! I did however receive a telephone call personally the next day, (yesterday). She informed me that she will be contacted by USCIS by the end of this week to make sure that the "mistake" was removed from our file.

I still don't believe I will get an answer this week or even next, but at least I feel a heck of a lot better! If you can't lambaste a USCIS employee, maybe a caseworker for a congressman will help!

Well when I see you are still waiting kcrand I know I should be more patient. But you are coming up on the 6 month mark next week. There is nothing I think that we can really do. But seriously next week something better happen for some of us. Tomorrow I make the 5 month mark, and I will fax all my senators again today and see if them probing again will get some movement.

People always say that it will come when we least expect it....I don't know about you guys-but I am expecting it every second of every day!

Edited by Cereza

K-1

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline
People always say that it will come when we least expect it....I don't know about you guys-but I am expecting it every second of every day!

Me too!

I called my Senator for an update today and the person told me that it takes them about 15 days to process the immigration cases people ask them to help with (longer than the 10 days I was told last Friday). I will call back next Tuesday or Wednesday for my next update.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Nat-that is sort of true. It depends if your senators office is back logged. Try your congressman. I contacted a total of 3 for my area. You should have at least 3 for your area also. Try. The more people we have inquiring the better.

K-1

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline
Nat-that is sort of true. It depends if your senators office is back logged. Try your congressman. I contacted a total of 3 for my area. You should have at least 3 for your area also. Try. The more people we have inquiring the better.

I hadn't thought about contacting multiple people, but you inspired me. :) I just faxed my other Senator, and I filled out the form for my Congressman. I can't send that one from work, though, as I need to include the NOA1. I'm thinking that the Congressman has a more narrow constituent base, so perhaps his office can get to my case faster than the Senators' offices.

One side-effect of going through this process is that I'm learning more about the government: USCIS, DoH, my Senators' & Congressman's names. Hopefully, though, this will end before I learn too much more. :lol:

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Nick,

did they ever explain what took them so long?

Jenn & Nick is Nick?? I always thought of the person as Jenn.

It is Jenn not Nick. Nick leaves me to do the posting :)

I didn't ever get a reason as to why it took so long. I don't think I ever will and at this point I'm just happy to have that part of the process over! We have a very straight forward case so I don't buy the some cases take longer than other in our case...

Hello, my fellow December filers. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. To all those that are still waiting for their NOA2, i really feel for you guys. More power to your all cuz you guys have been fighting the fight. Keep hanging in there everyone, this nightmare will soon end. This Visa process can really be a slow kill, I got my NOA2 over two months ago and i'm still waiting for my interview date. Waiting on the slow embassy to get there act together and give me an interview date.

My AOS Timeline

I-751

01/17/12: Mailed priority with delivery conf.

01/20/12: Arrived Vermont service center

01/24/12: Check Cashed.....yippeee

01/26/12: Received NOA in the mail

02/14/12: ASC APPOINTMENT NOTICE

03/08/12: Biometrics appointment date

01/10/12: 10 year green card in the mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.