MARM

Divorce Decree of Petitioner

15 posts in this topic

I understand that the beneficiary/applicant's divorce decree is necessary to present to the CO at time of interview. But I want to know, if the petitioner is divorced, is the divorce decree of the petitioner required for the beneficiary's interview?

The beneficiary is interviewing in London for K-1 visa.

Should he also take along the petitioner's divorce decree with the rest of the documents that are required?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

London only indicates Applicant's divorce decrees.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html#dc

I would have US Citizen's handy just in case they question the validity of the copy that is in the case file.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I wanted to add that the ORIGINAL (stamped, embossed, official) divorce decree of the petitioner's was included in the original filed I-129F. So does the CO have the originally filed I-129F at the time of interview? Because if that is the case, the ORIGINAL divorce decree will be included with it then.

Edited by MARM

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would suggest that an original copy still be handy. Better be safe than sorry...

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline
I wanted to add that the ORIGINAL (stamped, embossed, official) divorce decree of the petitioner's was included in the original filed I-129F. So does the CO have the originally filed I-129F at the time of interview? Because if that is the case, the ORIGINAL divorce decree will be included with it then.
Note: USCIS only requires copies of things like that, NEVER send origionals in a petition, what if somehow it get's lost?

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

In the state I live in, you can get multiple original copies of divorce decrees (have to pay depending on how many pages each) so it was not a problem for me to send an original one.

I know it sounds weird when I say multiple ORIGINAL copies are easily available, but what I mean to say is that I got one original copy sent to me and directions on how to obtain more certified copies, and when I did get more certified copies for myself and for the I-129F, I saw that they all looked identical to the original: embossed, stamped, and officially signed by judge and court clerk.

So that is why I sent with I-129F an original divorce decree to the USCIS. ( I have two more identical copies/originals sitting at home).

Edited by MARM

I understand that the beneficiary/applicant's divorce decree is necessary to present to the CO at time of interview. But I want to know, if the petitioner is divorced, is the divorce decree of the petitioner required for the beneficiary's interview?

The beneficiary is interviewing in London for K-1 visa.

Should he also take along the petitioner's divorce decree with the rest of the documents that are required?

Yes, it is required. She should bring all the documents needed during the interview.It would be better to have the papers on her hand and not need it,, than need it and don't have it. Goodluck.

Timeline
In the state I live in, you can get multiple original copies of divorce decrees (have to pay depending on how many pages each) so it was not a problem for me to send an original one.

I know it sounds weird when I say multiple ORIGINAL copies are easily available, but what I mean to say is that I got one original copy sent to me and directions on how to obtain more certified copies, and when I did get more certified copies for myself and for the I-129F, I saw that they all looked identical to the original: embossed, stamped, and officially signed by judge and court clerk.

So that is why I sent with I-129F an original divorce decree to the USCIS. ( I have two more identical copies/originals sitting at home).

Actually there is only one "Original" any others are Certified copies.

The original is the exact same as the certified copies in appearance and seals/signs.

There is no difference that I see that can differentiate the original from the certified.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

This has got me thinking LOL.. With the paperwork that originally went in for the I129 application, will that be sent to Keith for him to take to the interview or sent back to me or should I say our lawyer? I need to know cause if it goes to the lawyer I need to pick it up to get it to keith for the interview right? This is all doing my head in. Also with the packet 3 , does that go to him from London or from the states as I called on Monday and they told me it was sent out but he hasnt recieved it yet. Does it go regular mail or how does it arrive? If it is sent from London he should have had it by now shouldnt he? sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure we do everything correctly as we are doing the rest of this process on our own as our lawyer is way to slow getting paperwork out. Thanks

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

When they request the original copy they are requesting the certified (raised seal) copy..usually very easy to get, for a small fee, from the County in which you were born. You can take the chance that your entire original packet is not missing any documents but, as others have said, I would send another just to be safe.

Chelle, the original packet will be sent from NVC to the London Embassy. The P3 is sent out from the Embassy to the beneficiary. You will have to ask the London people how it is sent. I'm sure it's been discussed in the Regionals.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

There is only one original divorce decree and that is the one on file in the Clerk's Office.

Every certified copy that a Circuit Clerk issues is an 'original' certified copy.

So the 'scolding' answer is incorrect in this case.

Filed: Other Timeline
When they request the original copy they are requesting the certified (raised seal) copy..usually very easy to get, for a small fee, from the County in which you were born. You can take the chance that your entire original packet is not missing any documents but, as others have said, I would send another just to be safe.

Chelle, the original packet will be sent from NVC to the London Embassy. The P3 is sent out from the Embassy to the beneficiary. You will have to ask the London people how it is sent. I'm sure it's been discussed in the Regionals.

P3 goes directly to the beneficiary via Royal Mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.