sweet_wifey22

Can I have two visa?

9 posts in this topic

Hey Guys :) ,

My I-129 f and I-130 were both approved last Nov 26. And My I129 f for the k3 is forwarded to US Embassy Manila just this week. My question is can I just wait for my I-130 to get done and have an interview date? Because I want to go to CR-1.

But I was thinking if I will do my interview for k3 and got the visa......Can I do the interview for CR-1 too and get the visa? But has anyone here enter the US with 2 visas on hand??? the k3 and CR-1 :lol: ...

Thank You Guys (F) , This site is very helpful :)

Sweet_wifey22 (L)

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Why would you WANT (2) visas? <curious> There is no discernable reason to have an IR1 and a K3 visa. The visa, after all, just gets you off the plane. The type of visa determines what happens after you land.

i don't get it.

Why would you WANT (2) visas? <curious> There is no discernable reason to have an IR1 and a K3 visa. The visa, after all, just gets you off the plane. The type of visa determines what happens after you land.

Ignore this unhelpful advice.

I was in the same situation as you. I had both petitions approved and as the K3 interview came up first I went for that one, the good thing about the CRR1 (as you may know) is that you get the GC sent to you a few weeks after POE, but in my situation, I just wanted to get out here ASAP. It has been a right pain in the rear waiting for EAD - which has only just now been approved (see my timeline). I will have an AOS interview in January, so the good thing is that I have been with my wife since the end of August - the bad side is that I haven't been able to work. It depends on your priorities.

I think you can do both interviews. I have spoken with another member on this forum - I think her screen name is Kylady. Look her up - she and her spouse applied for the K3 but ended up going CR1 route.

I was in the same situation as you. I had both petitions approved and as the K3 interview came up first I went for that one, the good thing about the CRR1 (as you may know) is that you get the GC sent to you a few weeks after POE, but in my situation, I just wanted to get out here ASAP. It has been a right pain in the rear waiting for EAD - which has only just now been approved (see my timeline). I will have an AOS interview in January, so the good thing is that I have been with my wife since the end of August - the bad side is that I haven't been able to work. It depends on your priorities.

I think you can do both interviews. I have spoken with another member on this forum - I think her screen name is Kylady. Look her up - she and her spouse applied for the K3 but ended up going CR1 route.

Thank you Olibecca1!!!! I really appreciate your advice! Thank you. :)

sweet_wifey22 (L)

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My I-129 f and I-130 were both approved last Nov 26. And My I129 f for the k3 is forwarded to US Embassy Manila just this week. My question is can I just wait for my I-130 to get done and have an interview date? Because I want to go to CR-1.

But I was thinking if I will do my interview for k3 and got the visa......Can I do the interview for CR-1 too and get the visa? But has anyone here enter the US with 2 visas on hand??? the k3 and CR-1 :lol: ...

Sweet_wifey22 (L)

Yes, you can do that. The best of both worlds though is to have the I-130 arrive on station just the K3 interview. If so, the K3 interview appointment is used to interview for the CR1 visa. Having a CR1 visa invalidates the K3 but that is actually a good thing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sweet_wifey22 (L)

Yes, you can do that. The best of both worlds though is to have the I-130 arrive on station just the K3 interview. If so, the K3 interview appointment is used to interview for the CR1 visa. Having a CR1 visa invalidates the K3 but that is actually a good thing.

Oh pushbrk!! I've been waiting for you opinion.. Thank you :)

Thank you for your feedback. This was not intended as advice, but a question.

Before the OP's question can be answered, the OP should go back and review what was originally filed for. A K3, or an IR1? Because - in our original petition we specified K3 and our I130 never went to the DOS / NVC at all. Our approval notice (I130) said "we understand that the petitioner is residing in the US and will file for AOS" BUT at that time my wife had never set foot on US soul - and the I130 package was sent to USCIS storage waiting AOS filing. Even though they were approved on the same day, because we originally specified K3 we got K3.

If the OP wants an IR1, and the I130 was actually forwarded to the NVC, and the OP is willing to wait another 6-8 weeks for the NVC to complete processing, then by all means the OP should choose IR1 and complete it. My question is what discernable reason there would be to do both? The difference is wait 8 weeks in home country then 4 weeks in the US to be able to work/drive or 13 weeks in the US (together) to be able to work/drive. The pros and cons of one vs. the other are otherwise discussed on VJ nearly every day. I know this, getting the K3 visa still means you have to wait for NVC processing of the IR1 visa in your home country, then the IR1 invalidates the K3 anyway.....so what was the point of doing both again?

i don't get it.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The OP's question has been answered. Nothing has been applied for. Two petitions are filed. USCIS, NVC and the Consulate ignore the any visa category specified by the petitioner. There was six to eight month window where I-130's were held based an I-129F being filed but the policy was scrapped and they've gone back to forwarding both petitions as has been the norm for years. The OP filed months after the policy reversal so can count on both petitions being forwarded to NVC. Yes, it's ok for a K3 and CR1/IR1 visa to be in the passport concurrently but the immigrant visa invalidates the non-immigrant visa.

Thank you for your feedback. This was not intended as advice, but a question.

Before the OP's question can be answered, the OP should go back and review what was originally filed for. A K3, or an IR1? Because - in our original petition we specified K3 and our I130 never went to the DOS / NVC at all. Our approval notice (I130) said "we understand that the petitioner is residing in the US and will file for AOS" BUT at that time my wife had never set foot on US soul - and the I130 package was sent to USCIS storage waiting AOS filing. Even though they were approved on the same day, because we originally specified K3 we got K3.

If the OP wants an IR1, and the I130 was actually forwarded to the NVC, and the OP is willing to wait another 6-8 weeks for the NVC to complete processing, then by all means the OP should choose IR1 and complete it. My question is what discernable reason there would be to do both? The difference is wait 8 weeks in home country then 4 weeks in the US to be able to work/drive or 13 weeks in the US (together) to be able to work/drive. The pros and cons of one vs. the other are otherwise discussed on VJ nearly every day. I know this, getting the K3 visa still means you have to wait for NVC processing of the IR1 visa in your home country, then the IR1 invalidates the K3 anyway.....so what was the point of doing both again?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thank You Guys :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Good Luck to all of us!

and God Bless!!!!!!!!

Sweet_wifey22 (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.