Toochi1

visitor/tourist visa for spouse

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone could give me info on the possibility of my husband receiving a tourist visa to visit my family with me in the US. I live and work in Egypt and we have been married one year. We are not interested in persuing an immigration visa at this time, just want him to visit with me. Also, we were told that if he is denied (and it is likely) that would hurt future chances of him receiving an immigration visa. Anyone have a spouse successful in obtaining one? Interested in hearing from any mena spouses. Many Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The likelihood is very good if you and your husband provide evidence of work and ties to Egypt, this evidence will be more than enough to convince that immigration is NOT the intent for applying for a visitor's visa.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone could give me info on the possibility of my husband receiving a tourist visa to visit my family with me in the US. I live and work in Egypt and we have been married one year. We are not interested in persuing an immigration visa at this time, just want him to visit with me. Also, we were told that if he is denied (and it is likely) that would hurt future chances of him receiving an immigration visa. Anyone have a spouse successful in obtaining one? Interested in hearing from any mena spouses. Many Thanks.

I think it will be very difficult unless he has a great job, owns property, has a big bank account in Egypt and maybe children from a previous marriage. I only know of one person who was able to get a visitor visa for a spouse and that was an airline pilot friend of mine who is living in the Gulf and is married to a Syrian woman (he's Syrian American) and he wanted to bring her for a visit to the USA but couldn't do any other type of visa because he doesn't live here. It will also help if he is older (like over 45).

Without proof that he has strong ties to Egypt that would almost PULL him back they will assume that he wants to immigrate.

One of my relatives who is over 45, a Sr. Engineer in Egypt (with Dubai Ports, so it's a GREAT JOB) owns several properties, and has a wife and daughter in Egypt and a big savings account couldn't get a tourist visa with a letter of invitation from us.

Good luck and I hope someday they lighten up on MENA visitors. I doubt we'll ever be able to get my stepson a visitor visa! :(

K

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If they live there and both work there I think they have a good chance of getting the visa (and it's $131 to apply). But as other said they need to overcome the presumptions of immigrant intent. BUT nonimmigrant visas from ME countries are far and few between for males.

I don't think a denial of a B1/B2 visa would cause any harm down the road UNLESS they denial is due to anything other than unable to overcome to the satisfaction of the consular officer, the presumption of law that every nonimmigrant is presumed to be an intending immigrant, or otherwise did not establish eligibility for the particular category (i.e. previous US overstay, non-law abiding past, etc.)

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

One thing you have going for you is the fact that you live and work in HIS country. It's not like he is coming to the USA to visit you. As others have said, submit solid proof of your ties to Egypt. In regards to a denial now hurting your chances: If he were applying to come see you in the USA, was denied, and they you turned around and did marriage visa, I'm sure it would look suspicious. BUT you are coming together to visit together and return together. So, different situation. Good luck. Every case is different.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think age has a lot to do with it. My MIL is here on her B1 for the second time and, like before, the immigration guy hardly blinked as he was stamping her passport.

I swear, I should travel with her all the time. She brings good luck, we always breeze through immigration, baggage claim & customs.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would say go for it and try it and your best shot is that both of you are married and work and live in Egypt. It didn't work for us, my husband had money in the bank, property and we were expecting our first child but hey, doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for you. Best wishes!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.