Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

I called NVC this morning to ask how to get my file into the automated system so that I wouldn't have to call and ask to speak to a person every day. The person I spoke with said that K files are never put into the automated system because they move through NVC so quickly. Then she said we have already sent yours to the CDJ embassy as of yesterday. So, after 15 days we are out of AP and our application is on the way to Juarez. Every step has been frustrating so far but it does feel great when the process moves forward.

Congratulations on making it to the next step! :)

Thanks so much Ian and Lisa. I'll keep sending you guys good vibes.

Any ideas on the average AP time at NVC for a K3???? Got AP 08/12/09 7 days already, wonder if will be out by Aug. 31st???

You might find this chart helpful: http://apnvc.info/ I'm not sure how often it's updated, but there it is. Annoying, isn't it? But good luck for a speedy passage through!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well here i am....stuck on AP they received our stuff Aug 14th, called today and they said we're in bloody AP!! #######!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Well here i am....stuck on AP they received our stuff Aug 14th, called today and they said we're in bloody AP!! #######!

Just keep calling and talking to a person. Hang in there.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Welcome to the most un-popular club in Immigratin Hell :devil: !!! We've been there since Aug. 12th, UGH!!!! :ranting::protest::ranting::protest:

What the hell are they doing at NVC??? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Welcome to the most un-popular club in Immigratin Hell :devil: !!! We've been there since Aug. 12th, UGH!!!! :ranting::protest::ranting::protest:

What the hell are they doing at NVC??? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm a basket case today after finding out!! Right when I thought i was making progress and then they have to do this!!

But will keep calling and checking on it!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Sorry to hear about the new ones stuck in the black hole..I know how much that sucks. Keep an eye on them, and the times as well. They have gotten a lot shorter than they once were :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yep thats what I did... 25 days strong and I kept being persistent!!!

It's nice to see all of the encouragement from people who have been there.

I called the NVC twice today. The first lady freaked me out when she put me on hold for 5 minutes and then asked me what sort of visa we'd applied for.

The second person was very nice and said that it was definitely marked as a K1 visa and K1's are "expedited" (as opposed to others they actually do loads of processing on) and usually fly right out of there.

I asked if there were any questions I could answer because we'd been hanging around for 3 weeks... and, as I expected, he said they don't provide them with information concerning the reason for the AP, only that I'll be notified if they have questions/need anything further.

"One day closer", as Ian says. :) This too shall pass.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

I called the NVC twice today. The first lady freaked me out when she put me on hold for 5 minutes and then asked me what sort of visa we'd applied for.

The second person was very nice and said that it was definitely marked as a K1 visa and K1's are "expedited" (as opposed to others they actually do loads of processing on) and usually fly right out of there.

I asked if there were any questions I could answer because we'd been hanging around for 3 weeks... and, as I expected, he said they don't provide them with information concerning the reason for the AP, only that I'll be notified if they have questions/need anything further.

Tell me what is the difference of a K1 and a K3 for expedited, both have a shelf life of 4 months. Do they do extra processing on K3's ??., cause K'3 are filed on a I-129F. Please advise.

yes I called every day, sometimes twice once in am and then again late pm right before they close. Em I the only K3 here in AP????

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Tell me what is the difference of a K1 and a K3 for expedited, both have a shelf life of 4 months. Do they do extra processing on K3's ??., cause K'3 are filed on a I-129F. Please advise.

yes I called every day, sometimes twice once in am and then again late pm right before they close. Em I the only K3 here in AP????

Sorry... I personally don't know much about K3 filings. I just know some visas are processed for awhile at the NVC... maybe they are AOS.

Hopefully someone will come along who knows the answer, or look at other K3 timelines to see how fast they move through NVC.

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

I just checked the flowchart for K3 and yours is supposed to go through NVC in 1-4 weeks, just like K1's.

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

I just checked the flowchart for K3 and yours is supposed to go through NVC in 1-4 weeks, just like K1's.

Welll hey that is a bit of good news. :D Guess it could be worse? Thank you all for your replys, 8 days down.

Truly happy!!!

Welll hey that is a bit of good news. :D Guess it could be worse? Thank you all for your replys, 8 days down.

Truly happy!!!

Hey fellow APer's I got in the mail yesterday a letter from NVC sayng they received our I-129F and will be sent to embassy within a week, does that mean I will be out of AP within a week, or is that a standard letter the NVC sends??

Truly happy!!!

Hey fellow APer's I got in the mail yesterday a letter from NVC sayng they received our I-129F and will be sent to embassy within a week, does that mean I will be out of AP within a week, or is that a standard letter the NVC sends??

That is a standard form letter to let you know your case is there. I received mine about 14 days ago. I am still in AP.

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.