Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Congratulations everyone !!! Looks like NVC had a big day today :dance::thumbs:

ETA: I'm so happy to see the length of time they are holding things up get so much shorter!

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

guesss what everyone... i took your advice calling NVC and i asked the guy has my case been forwarded to the consulate and he said no it hasn't been forwarded yet but it seems to be you are under some additional processing and i said how long will it take he said try calling back next week... thank you alll for giving me advice in calling! and as i am seeing 3 people got their petition forwarded on june 24 or june 25... i hope AP goes by fast for all of us! :whistle:

congrats to those who have been released :)

Here's hoping for more good news for people this coming week.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

I had a question, should I keep calling everyday? or should i give it time intervals in between my call like every 3 days? And also are they open on July 3 or July 4?

Sorry to hear you are stuck there Nana, here's hoping the stay is short!

We called a lot at first, because we were there for days and days when the norm was only a couple of days. Hardly anyone was getting stuck there last year, and we didn't have much in the way of other cases to compare ourselves to. Once we heard we were in AP we called pretty much every day. You can call or not daily, you are certainly allowed to if you want. Some people dread hearing 'your petition is still in AP...' and call less often on account of that.

They are closed on the 4th July I believe, they are closed on all the stat holidays.

Welcome to the thread, I'm glad you found it. :thumbs:

thank you! I'm trying to stay as positive as I can... eventually it's going to get out of NVC sooner or later, and sent to the embassy.

It will, and I hope the latest trends of shorter times continue :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

I just called NVC and they said my package was sent on June 24th!

OMG!

I called twice just to verify this info!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

I pray that the others will get out soon! WHEW HOO!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Inmate 007 has been released!

:dance: awesome news!! good luck on the interview :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I have a feeling it won't because of the July 4th holiday but who knows... I was thinking, are the operators also the ones that process our case or that's another staff?

They are just operators that answer the phones, they can read the screen but aren't able to modify it. It's a call center much like any other in that respect.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was put in AP on June 9. I personally called everyday, except for maybe 2 days. Yes, it was heartbreaking to hear you are still in AP but I just couldnt help it. I had to feel like I was doing something productive in the matter. Called DOS Friday morning and spoke to the rude lady that told me Im still early in the game basically and that AP normally takes 3 months or more (this news almost sent me home from work early, I was devastated). Called NVC Friday evening and was advised package went out Wednesday June 24th. So with my experience dont listen to what some have to say there at DOS (always different answers), keep calling everyday if you want, you never know when it's your day! I pray this fast turn around keeps up with NVC. Good luck to those still there. I will be praying you get out soon..

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

I was put in AP on June 9. I personally called everyday, except for maybe 2 days. Yes, it was heartbreaking to hear you are still in AP but I just couldnt help it. I had to feel like I was doing something productive in the matter. Called DOS Friday morning and spoke to the rude lady that told me Im still early in the game basically and that AP normally takes 3 months or more (this news almost sent me home from work early, I was devastated). Called NVC Friday evening and was advised package went out Wednesday June 24th. So with my experience dont listen to what some have to say there at DOS (always different answers), keep calling everyday if you want, you never know when it's your day! I pray this fast turn around keeps up with NVC. Good luck to those still there. I will be praying you get out soon..

I'm sorry to hear they were so nasty to you on the phone. There's no need for that :blink:

When you speak to anyone at either NVC or DOS, be sure to get the name they give you . We never struck a rude person, but if we had we were going to escalate to a supervisor and report that the previous person we spoke to was rude. I don't care what sort of day they are having, they aren't allowed to take it out on people who ring.

By then end of our stay, we had quite a long list of names :lol:

thank you mstamiz!!... I had a question, i read in another post, i'm not sure taht someone asked their congressman to get in touch with NVC in regards of the AP that person was going through. The person at NVC said that their batch is next in process, is it true that once a batch is complete they go to the next? From what i'm seeing with everyone getting out of AP on June 24/25 thankfully, are all in the first two weeks of june range

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
thank you mstamiz!!... I had a question, i read in another post, i'm not sure taht someone asked their congressman to get in touch with NVC in regards of the AP that person was going through. The person at NVC said that their batch is next in process, is it true that once a batch is complete they go to the next? From what i'm seeing with everyone getting out of AP on June 24/25 thankfully, are all in the first two weeks of june range

Your welcome. Early last week when I called DOS I spoke to a really nice lady, she sounded as if she might have a Chinese accent, anyway she told me I was not in AP but my fiance's case was just in "que" waiting to go to the embassy. I sort of believe her because I checked DHL every day and it seems one package was sent to my fiance's embassy everyday. Maybe they are just allowed to send one a day out and that is why the ones in AP without any reason are there- we are just waiting.

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.