Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

I almost wish those people on the phone would say nothing at all about how long you'll be there. They told us we have't got your petition and we cannot find it, then just a few weeks, then I dunno...and the last while they said the process is indefinite.

While they are saying something, anything, in answer to the question anyone stuck there naturally asks, I don't think at all they understand how much to heart we take their answers. When all it may be are just the first thing that pops into their heads. Something to say to get you off the phone. I think they make it up as they go along.

how did you all find out you were on AP? I called june 23 and to my surprise they received my case... I was happily in shock and didn't want to ask too many questions because I hear when one inquires too much or calls too much makes them suspect something. So I said thanks have a good day and the lady said wait, my heart dropped I thought she was going to say you are in AP, but she said let me give you your case number. The next day I got the letter! which was dated june 22... and when I tracked the cases sent from NVC in DHL, I saw only one case that was sent to the embassy listed the next day, but who knows it could be someone else. Is it true that usually when you receive the letter, they send the case the same day they send the letter?

Not in our case. We got two letters dated two days apart. We were still stuck in AP for 53 days.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

I got my approval notice June 4, but my case was still in VSC nearly a month after the notice date. I read in another post that AP is done on those cases that get checked and reviewed quickly at the service centers and the NVC picks up the work they didn't finish. I don't know if VSC was still doing background checks on my case even after the approval because my case was there for 3.5 weeks after the notice date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I got my approval notice June 4, but my case was still in VSC nearly a month after the notice date. I read in another post that AP is done on those cases that get checked and reviewed quickly at the service centers and the NVC picks up the work they didn't finish. I don't know if VSC was still doing background checks on my case even after the approval because my case was there for 3.5 weeks after the notice date.

I dont think a speedy process at USCIS was my case. I was just 2 days shy of 5 months when I received my NOA2 in the mail. I think it happened then because I got my senators rep involved. Within 2 weeks of him contacting them I got the approval. Maybe they are mad because he got involved and feel Im going to wait my 6 months anyways... So has anyone else been given that crazy time frame of 3 months or longer? I almost had to leave work today it upset me so bad. Im going to call later today and get someone else just to see what they tell me on a time frame- Just to see..

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
how did you all find out you were on AP? I called june 23 and to my surprise they received my case... I was happily in shock and didn't want to ask too many questions because I hear when one inquires too much or calls too much makes them suspect something. So I said thanks have a good day and the lady said wait, my heart dropped I thought she was going to say you are in AP, but she said let me give you your case number. The next day I got the letter! which was dated june 22... and when I tracked the cases sent from NVC in DHL, I saw only one case that was sent to the embassy listed the next day, but who knows it could be someone else. Is it true that usually when you receive the letter, they send the case the same day they send the letter?

No, unfortunately, they send out that fcrm letter regardless. Our case is in AP, and I still got that letter saying it would be sent to the embassy in a week. They send it out when they receive your case. It really has no bearing if your case actually gets sent out or not. I found MUCH more help calling the State Department than the NVC. Also, I found that you have to ask point blank if you are in AP, they don't seem to like to volunteer the information. They have ALWAYS put me on hold to confirm that too. So if they just say they don't see you in AP, TELL THEM TO PLEASE CHECK AND CONFIRM THAT.

Hope you are NOT in AP. It is very frustrating.

-Blu-(crosses fingers for you)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Timeline

I dont think a speedy process at USCIS was my case. I was just 2 days shy of 5 months when I received my NOA2 in the mail. I think it happened then because I got my senators rep involved. Within 2 weeks of him contacting them I got the approval. Maybe they are mad because he got involved and feel Im going to wait my 6 months anyways... So has anyone else been given that crazy time frame of 3 months or longer? I almost had to leave work today it upset me so bad. Im going to call later today and get someone else just to see what they tell me on a time frame- Just to see..

Good luck, let us know if they give you a time frame. But honestly, I don't see that happening. What I was told is that there is NO way for them to know because the call centers have NO idea why it is in AP. Each case can be very different depending on what is holding it up.

-Blu-(feeling down this morning about all this)

boy oh boy, i hope everyone has a speedy process with AP! it can get frustrating, i thought that VSC had lost my case because it was 3.5 weeks after my approval and NVC still had not received my case. I called the USCIS director and they told me that it was still at VSC, I was relieved at the fact that it was not lost. I hope all goes well for alll of us!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I had to change my husbands address with the consulate. They told me that I needed the case number from NVC. So, I called NVC and got the case # and asked to change the address there as well. She did change it, and I found out we were in AP.

i(and many others) got 3 letters saying that the case would be sent to the consulate "within a week". they all had different dates and the case wasnt sent any of those 3 times...so no, i dont trust those letters

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I haven't received a letter from USCIS or NVC about anything. I called and found out we were approved and then called to ask about AP. Went to NVC on 6/12 and still no letters from anyone. I have no NOA2 hard copy or a letter stating it was sent anywhere.

Timeline

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

I just called NVC and they said my package was sent on June 24th!

OMG!

I called twice just to verify this info!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

I pray that the others will get out soon! WHEW HOO!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

Inmate 007 has been released!

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Timeline
PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

OMG!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

You were in there for a VERY short time! Gives me hope!

-Blu-(WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!)

Edited by Wyld Blu

Timeline
PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

OMG!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

OK...so following your lead...I called the NVC cuz the State Department is closed now. The girl who answered said our file was forwarded to the Embassy on 6/24! I called them on 6/24 first thing in the morning and she said we were still in AP. OMG...can I believe the NVC??????? WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

-Blu-(crosses fingers, eyes and anything else crossable)

Timeline

I called again...just to verify...THEN I tracked it on DHL!!!! IT'S ON IT'S WAY TO THE EMBASSY IN AMSTERDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Blu-(gonna start crying here at work any second!) :dance::yes::dance: )

Timeline
PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

OMG!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

OK...so following your lead...I called the NVC cuz the State Department is closed now. The girl who answered said our file was forwarded to the Embassy on 6/24! I called them on 6/24 first thing in the morning and she said we were still in AP. OMG...can I believe the NVC??????? WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

It has to be true.. Another person who was stuck in AP who was applying to same country as me emailed me and she called today and was told her file was sent on 6/25. I tracked a package given the date I was given at NVC and it arrived today! I called NVC on 6/24 as well and was told that I was still in AP. Guess their system wasnt updated. Surely they wouldnt just be telling people a LIE like that would they? I called twice and spoke to two different women who both said my package was sent on 6/24. This is a wonderful present to take into the weekend. It does seem as if people are released from AP in groups. Congrats to you!

K1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

OMG!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY!

It has to be true.. Another person who was stuck in AP who was applying to same country as me emailed me and she called today and was told her file was sent on 6/25. I tracked a package given the date I was given at NVC and it arrived today! I called NVC on 6/24 as well and was told that I was still in AP. Guess their system wasnt updated. Surely they wouldnt just be telling people a LIE like that would they? I called twice and spoke to two different women who both said my package was sent on 6/24. This is a wonderful present to take into the weekend. It does seem as if people are released from AP in groups. Congrats to you!

I also called the NVC as well to find that my case was forwarded to the embassy on June 25th, I was stuck there about 2 weeks....God is Good All The Time..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.