Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Well..we are heading for 7 weeks this week. Very crappy.

Doesn't it make you wonder if they have started to do something new with some of the cases they receive?

We did ask about the letters they sent out, saying it would be on the way when it was already in AP.

The supervisor we spoke to said she 'couldn't explain that". To anything else we asked we got the usual response...'all I can tell you is that you are in administrative processing..."

It's very quiet around here..I hope you have all got out of NVC...even if I am in here all on my own :D

how can i track thru if nvc sent it already at our embassy???????

We did ask about the letters they sent out, saying it would be on the way when it was already in AP.

The supervisor we spoke to said she 'couldn't explain that". To anything else we asked we got the usual response...'all I can tell you is that you are in administrative processing..."

It's very quiet around here..I hope you have all got out of NVC...even if I am in here all on my own :D

how can i track thru dhl if nvc sent it already at our embassy???????

??? Call the embassy? When was it sent from NVC?

You can track though DHL, but some say it's not very reliable.

I will find the link...

tnx...got our nvc letter last nov.26th and we called the nvc last 27th and it's under administrative review...huhu... :blush:

Just phoned NVC and I've found out that our case is undergoing administrative processing that's why our case has not been sent yet to US Embassy Manila. Our case was received at NVC December 9th. I was told that there is no time frame how long will it take when a case is under administrative processing. So I guess all we can do is wait. ARGH!!! So I think I and my fiance are joining your club too.

Sorry you are joining us...but welcome...if you understand what I mean! At least we all have company :yes:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well..we are heading for 7 weeks this week. Very crappy.

Doesn't it make you wonder if they have started to do something new with some of the cases they receive?

how can i track thru if nvc sent it already at our embassy???????

how can i track thru dhl if nvc sent it already at our embassy???????

??? Call the embassy? When was it sent from NVC?

You can track though DHL, but some say it's not very reliable.

I will find the link...

tnx...got our nvc letter last nov.26th and we called the nvc last 27th and it's under administrative review...huhu... :blush:

Just phoned NVC and I've found out that our case is undergoing administrative processing that's why our case has not been sent yet to US Embassy Manila. Our case was received at NVC December 9th. I was told that there is no time frame how long will it take when a case is under administrative processing. So I guess all we can do is wait. ARGH!!! So I think I and my fiance are joining your club too.

Sorry you are joining us...but welcome...if you understand what I mean! At least we all have company :yes:

cdneh, are you going to call today??????

Timeline

That has come across my mind that maybe they have new procedures in place... If they do, it must be random, otherwise everybody and their mother would be stuck there. Maybe it's 1 to 10 ratio of who gets placed in AP, who knows, just guessing. I really dont know.

Welcome to the new folks, sorry that you are stuck in AP to.

I rang today but we are still there, the operator I spoke to seemed surprised we were - she said the K1 visas don't normally stay in the facility very long and to call back at the end of the week. I wonder what they will tell me then :clock:

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Oh yes..we are calling today. I have been watching the DHL website, and we don't usually call unless they are shipping here. The issue is, at the start of every week, that I can't enter a day earlier in the reference field. Yesterday was Sunday there, and the 4th, and they don't ship on the weekend. So I can put the 5th for Monday under reference, but of course that date must be a day before the shipment range dates, and it tells me that the 6th is ' in the future' and I can't use it.

It's a bit confusing, being Tuesday here...

They must be doing something new I agree. K1's shoot through that place all the time, some in only a day or two. Why, suddenly, are they hanging on to ours for weeks?

6 weeks 4 days now...

I rang today but we are still there, the operator I spoke to seemed surprised we were - she said the K1 visas don't normally stay in the facility very long and to call back at the end of the week. I wonder what they will tell me then :clock:

lol..well they have a few days to come up with a new excuse ...

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline
Oh yes..we are calling today. I have been watching the DHL website, and we don't usually call unless they are shipping here. The issue is, at the start of every week, that I can't enter a day earlier in the reference field. Yesterday was Sunday there, and the 4th, and they don't ship on the weekend. So I can put the 5th for Monday under reference, but of course that date must be a day before the shipment range dates, and it tells me that the 6th is ' in the future' and I can't use it.

It's a bit confusing, being Tuesday here...

They must be doing something new I agree. K1's shoot through that place all the time, some in only a day or two. Why, suddenly, are they hanging on to ours for weeks?

6 weeks 4 days now...

lol..well they have a few days to come up with a new excuse ...

does anyone will try their luck today?..it will be 6 weeks and 4 days now since we had our nvc letter.... :wacko:

Timeline

Thanks guys for welcoming us here. It sure good to know that one is not all alone and have the support of others who are on the same boat. Waiting is not a very easy thing to do and ever since we filed our K-1 petition all we do is wait for the outcome. We thought once our case reached NVC the pace would be much faster, apparently it's not like that at all. Oh well, I guess we are some of the unlucky ones to get stuck at NVC.

Wish everyone will soon get out of NVC AP list. Take care and God bless us all!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

its really terrible... to wait too long...we are also in administrative review... since november 19, 2008 and until this time we don't hear a good news from them....i really hope soon all f us are out on AP....this processing it makes me sick....

shF5m5.png

29722_112256618812440_1000008430620.jpg

Timeline
its really terrible... to wait too long...we are also in administrative review... since november 19, 2008 and until this time we don't hear a good news from them....i really hope soon all f us are out on AP....this processing it makes me sick....

and others just got their noa2 last december.and we're more ahead from the and they called the embassy and they got their interview date....why is that?..not fair... :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancee and I are stuck in AP too. :-(

Thankfully this isn't my first rodeo with NVC (DOS). In 2002, I went through a similar situation after the passage of the Patriot Act. The circumstances were a bit different as my fiancee had her interview and entered AP at the Moscow Embassy. That wait was from August 18 until November 20. While I dont see that kind of wait happening again (famous last words), I'm prepared for the long haul. Thankfully my fiancee and I aren't planning on her arriving in the States until June, but nevertheless it's painful.

So, for all you guys out there - Everything will be OK. Keep calling, ask for supervisors and get names if you can. The biggest problem in the case of a protracted wait is the change in administrations from Bush to Obama. If things get really hairy we'll have to chat with Hillary! Oh, god... please let the case get approved :-) (No offense Hill-Baby, I voted for Obama and your <clearing throat> Husband) :-)

Cheer up Guys and Gals... It's our tax money at work! (Puke)

-Bk135i

Edited by bk135i

7/12/2008: 129-F Sent to Vermont

8/4/2008: First NOA

11/20/2008: Second NOA

11/26/2008: NVC Notice

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Well....against my better judgement I just called NVC......our case is still there......so, this lady said it usually takes about four weeks......so, today is just three weeks for us.........so, decisions, decisions.....call back Friday or wait til next Monday......guess I will decide that later......

In the mean time....I will just finalize all interview material......and of course, call my baby and talk about how much we love and miss eachother......

Timeline
So, for all you guys out there - Everything will be OK. Keep calling, ask for supervisors and get names if you can. The biggest problem in the case of a protracted wait is the change in administrations from Bush to Obama. If things get really hairy we'll have to chat with Hillary! Oh, god... please let the case get approved :-) (No offense Hill-Baby, I voted for Obama and your <clearing throat> Husband) :-)

-Bk135i

I never thought of that scenario, but makes a lot of sense..... cant wait to start paying taxes when I get there.... :lol::oops:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

they are really unfair ,mostly all the papers was not stuck for too long in NVC..look what happen to us... it is almost 2 months for us now, its really terrible and bullshit processing....

last time the congressman call my fiancee , and she told us that our papers was next for the processing.. i don't know what they mean...ggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

shF5m5.png

29722_112256618812440_1000008430620.jpg

Timeline
they are really unfair ,mostly all the papers was not stuck for too long in NVC..look what happen to us... it is almost 2 months for us now, its really terrible and bullshit processing....

last time the congressman call my fiancee , and she told us that our papers was next for the processing.. i don't know what they mean...ggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Speaking of that congressman situation and this "youre in the next batch to be processed"...whatever happened to that, that was about more than weeks ago when they told you that. It wouldnt be a bad idea for that congressman to follow this up for you since that came directly from her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.