18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline

After all of the ups and downs of the past year, I think I am starting to go numb. I have no idea when Haydar's visa will happen, though I do think it will eventually. We've been in AP for almost 6 months and I am now starting to feel numb to it all. In September we were told AP was finished only to be thrown back in. In August I bought a wedding dress, but looking at pictures of it makes my heart hurt. I have the man I want... we just can't be together in the US yet. At least we are able to be together in Korea... but still, the limbo sucks.

I am a "doer." I hate having things out of my control. I hate not being able to do anything to push this along. I have once again requested a congressional inquiry into our case. We are also now approaching the 3 month mark of the last security check inquiry. Previously, the embassy had told me that they expect it to be wrapped up within 3 months. All of this should give me hope... and it does in some ways. However, the realistic part of me says not to get my hopes up again.... they will only continue to be beat down.... that is until the day we finally receive the visa.

I'm sorry if this rant was off topic... I just wanted other people to know that there are others going through similar situations. Keep your fingers crossed.

Cass

Edited by CassandraHaydar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

11/27/07: NOA1

5/02/08: NOA2 (157 days from NOA1)

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

4/06/09: VISA IN HAND

6/20/09: POE LAX

7/4/09: Making it Legal - Wedding

10/17/09: The big wedding ceremony

AOS:

7/22/09: AOS Paperwork filed

10/27/09: Interview - APPROVED

10/31/09: Welcome Letter Received

Removing Conditions:

7/29/11: I-751 paperwork filed

2/14/12: Card Production Ordered!

2/18/12: Green Card Received

Citizenship:

12/26/12: Paperwork filed

12/31/12: NOA Date

1/14/13: Biometrics Appt

2/26/13: Interview

3/27/13: Oath Ceremony!!

6/30/13: Baby Due Date :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

At least the two of you are together, I'd give anything to be able to be together while we wait! Because of my job, which I need to keep to pay for my house that I want to keep, I can't.

We are entering our eighth month of AP. This absolutely sucks a$$.

Cass, how did you get that detailed information about the last of the security checks? Embassy, Congressman, Senators, and DOS all tell me they can give me no information except a status of complete or incomplete.

Ladies,

It sucks, I know. We were in name security checks for 11 months. It does end - really. Look at Tammy!

Cassandra - numb is not so bad, but don't let it affect your relationship. Having your congressperson's immigration liason person(in their local, not DC office) inquiry with the consulate every 3 mths is appropriate. I called the DOS line every two weeks, its frustrating and repetitive -- then one day Chris told me to have my husband call the consulate.

Keep yourselves busy(exercise, clean a closet, volunteer, study) and keep your expectations low.

Ann

Timeline
Ladies,

It sucks, I know. We were in name security checks for 11 months. It does end - really. Look at Tammy!

Cassandra - numb is not so bad, but don't let it affect your relationship. Having your congressperson's immigration liason person(in their local, not DC office) inquiry with the consulate every 3 mths is appropriate. I called the DOS line every two weeks, its frustrating and repetitive -- then one day Chris told me to have my husband call the consulate.

Keep yourselves busy(exercise, clean a closet, volunteer, study) and keep your expectations low.

Ann

Yup, it'll end. My liason is doing monthly checks, and I'm doing a monthly check with the embassy too. I am reorganizing my closets making room for my fiance's clothes. :) Oh yeah and I'm going to see him IN TWO WEEKS! YAHOO!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Cassandra--totally can relate! I am approaching 6 months of AP this month after applying for my husband's visa 16 months ago! We have been married for 17 months and have been separated the whole time waiting. I threw away all of the wedding favors I made for my U.S. ceremony and all the stuff I bought since it is soooo anti-climatic to have a wedding ceremony now after almost a year and half have passed in waiting for him, not to mention all the money spent flying to visit him. Numb is right--what can we do. I don't even care much anymore, I just want this to be over so I have some closure!

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I know what you mean Cassandra.

Imagining Onur getting his visa and us living a normal life here in the States together seems like a fantasy.

I'm starting to feel like the end of this story will be me moving back to Turkey or Onur and I moving to another country together. I know that's not positive thinking...but I refuse to let this process rule my life for years. I want to LIVE my life with Onur...not spend it waiting for him.

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline
At least the two of you are together, I'd give anything to be able to be together while we wait! Because of my job, which I need to keep to pay for my house that I want to keep, I can't.

Cass, how did you get that detailed information about the last of the security checks? Embassy, Congressman, Senators, and DOS all tell me they can give me no information except a status of complete or incomplete.

I asked the embassy when the last security check was requested and they told me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

11/27/07: NOA1

5/02/08: NOA2 (157 days from NOA1)

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

4/06/09: VISA IN HAND

6/20/09: POE LAX

7/4/09: Making it Legal - Wedding

10/17/09: The big wedding ceremony

AOS:

7/22/09: AOS Paperwork filed

10/27/09: Interview - APPROVED

10/31/09: Welcome Letter Received

Removing Conditions:

7/29/11: I-751 paperwork filed

2/14/12: Card Production Ordered!

2/18/12: Green Card Received

Citizenship:

12/26/12: Paperwork filed

12/31/12: NOA Date

1/14/13: Biometrics Appt

2/26/13: Interview

3/27/13: Oath Ceremony!!

6/30/13: Baby Due Date :)

Im feeling numb too. i am emotionally drained more and more each day. Im already on anti depressants but it doesnt seem to help when there is nothing positive . When does it endddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

I know this pain all too well, at my 6th month I was nearly hysterical - crying nonstop and wondering if this will ever end. I can see though why they are causing such delays - for anyone coming through Pakistan and Iraq right now, the most targeted countries out there right now, it is no surprise that most of the people stuck at from these two countries. I was pretty shocked to have to wait 13 months in a country that is not even in the danger list so what can be expected of Pakistan, and Iraq. The good news is that the bulk of the wait is over. It is pretty much numbness after 6 months, but its only uphill from here. The clearances will come now, one by one and yours is next. Always keep your belief strong and all this pain will feel like it never existed - otherwise you will drive yourself mad or into depression. I did the time you all are describing - twice. I know how it feels, but I know that the end is near for you all, especially those who have already finished their 6 months. So hold tight and keep the communication well and as soon as the clearances come, the visas will be issued.

Sending you all my love and prayers.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I waited since the end of May for my husband's background checks to be done. I began to think it would never end either, especially because he is Iraqi. I'm not sure if refugee background checks go faster or not as some Iraqis wait years to be approved, but it does happen so don't give up hope. Your time is coming soon. You have to believe that.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

I asked the embassy when the last security check was requested and they told me.

Interesting... Dakar says they do not have any information except that our case is undergoing security checks. I've specifically asked if they can see any progress or updates and they tell me "we are not privy to that information, we can only see if the case is complete or incomplete." Hmph. :angry:

Interesting... Dakar says they do not have any information except that our case is undergoing security checks. I've specifically asked if they can see any progress or updates and they tell me "we are not privy to that information, we can only see if the case is complete or incomplete." Hmph. :angry:

The consulate is waiting for the name clearance from DOS who is waiting for FBI and other security agencies. And those agencies are very quiet about their process.

The only info really is calling the DOS number and asking for last updates on the case. That at least gave me hope that someone was looking/inquiring about the case. Some are more helpful than others to read/dig around for an update on your case.

And although name checks are a PAIN - at least it is better than trying to prove your relationship, IMO. At our interview, we were told "good news, we believe your relationship; bad news, need to do more admin processing" - which was the name clearance.

Keep the faith!!

Timeline

The consulate is waiting for the name clearance from DOS who is waiting for FBI and other security agencies. And those agencies are very quiet about their process.

The only info really is calling the DOS number and asking for last updates on the case. That at least gave me hope that someone was looking/inquiring about the case. Some are more helpful than others to read/dig around for an update on your case.

And although name checks are a PAIN - at least it is better than trying to prove your relationship, IMO. At our interview, we were told "good news, we believe your relationship; bad news, need to do more admin processing" - which was the name clearance.

Keep the faith!!

I totally agree, the hard part is over. Our CO said the exact same thing to us. "Good news; your relationship is verified and all your paperwork looks good. Bad news; we need clearance from DOS and that usually takes many months."

I have my bad days where I cry and have a hissy fit and swear I am going to sue the DOS lol but I deep down I believe the visa will come when the time is right. Insh-Allah. One thing is for sure.... I believe neither one of us will take the other for granted after going through this!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Keep the faith!!

I totally agree, the hard part is over. Our CO said the exact same thing to us. "Good news; your relationship is verified and all your paperwork looks good. Bad news; we need clearance from DOS and that usually takes many months."

I have my bad days where I cry and have a hissy fit and swear I am going to sue the DOS lol but I deep down I believe the visa will come when the time is right. Insh-Allah. One thing is for sure.... I believe neither one of us will take the other for granted after going through this!

Hmmm...Onur didn't get the good news and the bad news, just the bad news. They didn't say "everything else is fine, but..." they just filled out the green form and checked the box next to Administrative Processing and said check the clearance site online in 2 weeks.

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Julia,

Don't worry about what they said to you, they never told my husband everything was fine either (mostly because they probably knew this guy would be in AP for while) and the woman just said we need further processing like it was the scariest atmosphere she could make it out to be. I am sure that your checks will be done within 8 months, as Turkey cases do not usually take longer than that - and that should be the maximum you are looking at. Depending on if the checks get expired or not the AP can be doubled, I advise you to keep a close watch on DOS now, and e-mail the embassy, if it even makes them pull up your case, they may call your husband in as soon as the AP results are in.

God bless,

Tam

Praying for you, Julia, Jen, Cassandra, miamiwife and everyone else.

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.