bosnian68

Is that normal about NOA2

5 posts in this topic

Hi to all pettitioners. I wish a luck to all of you..

Here is something weird that hapened to me. In july we are sent outr I-129 F. On august 6th we are received out NOA1 ( with that case number EACXXXXXXXXXX). After that no touches, no e mails. Just on November 25th my fiance get a letter from NVC that our I-129 F was aproved and that documents are tranfered to embassy in my country ( Bosnia). After i was seen that letter is not NOA2 ( thank to some people here on forum), I am call my fiancee to call VSC and see what is the problem andf why we are not received NOA 2 from them, and have received that letter from NVC. I am read on that forum that people first get NOA2 that I-129 F was aproved and then get that letter from NVC.

But that guy in Vermont say that they have not our case number in theirs system ( we are received NOA1 on August 6th with that EAC XXXXXXXX number), that the NOA2 is not one of their documents that they (uscis) sends out but That guy aslo say that if not get nothing in next 30 days she need to call them again, but that if we are get that letter from NVC that they sent documents to embassy it is ok. On that letter that NVC was sent to us are two numbers . First one that we are get in NOA1 , and second one is case number that they are give to our case in theirs system (starting with first 3 embassy letter).

So i am little confused now. When i received that NOA1 i am put that case number on theits site (USICS) to see if there will be any updates and also put check mark that they sent me e mail when they make any change. But until today there is nothing just first date August 6th (probably when they are cashed our 455 $). And how is possible that we get that letter from NVC in couple days (received on November 25 th , with date on letter November 21 st) , and need to wait that NOA2 fully month.

Is anyone here to have simmilar or expirience that I have.

Thank you in advance.

I have read the same problem from someone else these days in this forum. I think you are probably already approved and maybe USCIS for some reason didn't put it in in their ###### up computer system which never works. Stay calm. In the best case you are already approved and your fiancé will hear soon from her embassy. If that's the case you will need to contact USCIS again because you need that NOA2 later on I think.

In the worst case you are not approved and keep waiting... :dead:

First of all - when calling USCIS (or NVC etc) you should be referring to an I-797c (Notice of Action) not a NOA2 (if that is what you're doing) since they have no idea what a NOA1/2 is.

Secondly - it is possible that you're simply 'missing' your NOA2 from USCIS (or it is delayed) although it is confusing as to why it is not showing as Approved on the USCIS web site. When you (the USC) calls NVC (the number is on the notice they sent you) - you should inquire about the new NVC/DOS case number (you'll need this for the medical and in case you need to contact the Embassy/Consulate). NVC will ask for the beneficiary's Name and DOB (which should confirm they're talking about you and not someone else.)

If they (NVC) actually have your case (or have sent your case to the Embassy/Consulate) - give USCIS a bit more time to see if they 'catch up' and send you your Approval Notice - you don't need it right now, but will in the future.

:thumbs:

p.s.

No, it's not normal - seems USCIS is a bit behind.

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Secondly - it is possible that you're simply 'missing' your NOA2 from USCIS (or it is delayed) although it is confusing as to why it is not showing as Approved on the USCIS web site.

I just wanna say that I was approved on Nov 12th and my case still look pending on USCIS website...seems like they are not updating thei website at all!!!

OUR TIMELINE for K1

09.26.2008: Petition Sent to California Service Center by UPS

10.01.2008: NOA1

11.12.2008: NOA2

11.17.2008: NVC Received Our Case

11.24.2008: Consulate Received Our Case

12.29.2008: Medical Exam at 8.15 am / PASSED

12.30.2008: INTERVIEW AT 10.00 A.M. / VISA IN HAND!

01.23.2009: POE

02.21.2009: Wedding

OUR TIMELINE for AOS

04.16.2009: AOS Package Sent To Chicago by UPS

04.21.2009: NOA1

05.14.2009: Biometrics Appointment and Touch for AOS and EAD

06.01.2009: EAD Card Ordered and AP Approved

06.05.2009: Received AP in the Mailbox

06.08.2009: Received EAD in the Mailbox

08.22.2009: INTERVIEW AT 12.30 P.M. / APPROVED!

09.02.2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

OUR TIMELINE for I-751

06.03.2011: I-751 Package Sent To California Service Center

06.07.2011: NOA1

06.27.2011: Biometrics Appointment

12.19.2011: NOA2

12.23.2011: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Thank you all for your time.

My fiancee ( she is US citisen) is received that letter from NVC, where they say that our case is sent to US embassy in Bosnia( she was think that was NOA2). So there is no doubt is our case aproved or not. It just was little weird that we are received that letter from NVC faster that NOA2 from VSC who aproved our case before NVC did.

Here is also letter that my fiancee was received from Department odf State (NVC). And like i was saying im my first post there are 2 numbers on that letter: first one was INS receipt number that we get when they received our request in VSC ( that was on our NOA1, that we are received from VSC), and second one is case number that they are give to that case which was forvarded to embassy in Bosnia starting with 3 first letter of consulate name (SAR- embassy of US in Sarajevo -Bosnia).

So now I need to wait what next will hapened, because they are sent our case to Bosnia (date on heading of that leter is November 21st).

I wish much luck and happines to all of you.

post-57586-1227988927_thumb.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.