Mike1976

Can K3 visa interview be ignored and wait for I130?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi friends ,

Our I129f and I130 are approved and forward to NVC , I recived a letter that I129f it is in the way to the embassy. How can i get the I30 to Jump in the place of the I129f? should we ignore the interview appoitment at the embassy and wait for I130 to be complate ?

thanks for any replys.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

It will be awhile before the Embassy contacts you, so be patient. When they schedule the interview, don't skip it. No doubt both petitions are in your file as it makes its way across the ocean.

Timeline
It will be awhile before the Embassy contacts you, so be patient. When they schedule the interview, don't skip it. No doubt both petitions are in your file as it makes its way across the ocean.

thanks . I called NVC they said I129f is already sent to the embassy on Nov 25th. so it will be soon there

But what if we want the CR-1 instead of K3...What we will do then?......Knowing that the k3 in in the Embassy already...Can we just IGNORE IT AND WAIT FOR THE I130 get done? IS it possible?

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Timeline
But what if we want the CR-1 instead of K3...What we will do then?......Knowing that the k3 in in the Embassy already...Can we just IGNORE IT AND WAIT FOR THE I130 get done? IS it possible?

Well that's what i am trying to find out. i think we just can ignore the pakage that comes from the embassy and wait to complate the 130 pakages

YES!!

That's exactly my case: I want the CR1 instead, and I ignored all the K3 part (I called the Embassy to say I wanted the CR1 instead, but they told me that they HAVE to send you the K3 information anyway). Just ignore it, and start collecting all your stuff for NVC right now, and you'll be done with NVC really fast.

GOOD luck!!!!!!!!! :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

According to DOS (in another thread I posted) If you want the CR-1/IR-1 instead of the K3 then you have to email the embassy with your NVC case number in the subject line and request to cancel the K3 process as you are going to request the I-130 be forwarded to the NVC for the CR-1/IR-1 process.

Be very sure this is what you want to do before doing this. (That is what they told me on the phone.)

Also call the USCIS to make sure what the formal procedures are for doing this. I haven't done this myself yet but I don't know the other part of the process from calling DOS when my I-129F got to the Embassy. I haven't canceled anything yet myself so if someone calls and verifys from the USCIS on how to forward the I-130 come back here and post that ok.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
According to DOS (in another thread I posted) If you want the CR-1/IR-1 instead of the K3 then you have to email the embassy with your NVC case number in the subject line and request to cancel the K3 process as you are going to request the I-130 be forwarded to the NVC for the CR-1/IR-1 process.

Be very sure this is what you want to do before doing this. (That is what they told me on the phone.)

Also call the USCIS to make sure what the formal procedures are for doing this. I haven't done this myself yet but I don't know the other part of the process from calling DOS when my I-129F got to the Embassy. I haven't canceled anything yet myself so if someone calls and verifys from the USCIS on how to forward the I-130 come back here and post that ok.

Yes Both petitions were already forroward to NVC, I120f in the way to the embassy already , and I130 still at NVC to complate the procedures , which takes up to 2 monthes to get done.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi friends ,

Our I129f and I130 are approved and forward to NVC , I recived a letter that I129f it is in the way to the embassy. How can i get the I30 to Jump in the place of the I129f? should we ignore the interview appoitment at the embassy and wait for I130 to be complate ?

thanks for any replys.

No,go ahead and do your K3 interview.I130 is Immigrant process,it is needed when you apply the AOS.Do you have the NOA for both approved petitions?Or just the I129F?

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far i know,there is no I130 package.CR1 takes longer than K3 so probably it's a smart thing to do is go ahead with K3.I130 could wait and perhaps get approved by the time you're already here in the US.it's for Immigrant purpose,you'll need the I130 for AOS application not for visa interview.

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.