KASPER

n-400 November failures

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm the new guy here, and also not happy about long process. However I mailed my citizenship papers on Nov.3, to Vermont and two days later they received my staff. On Nov.10 my check was cleared out, and since then quiet. The local office of mine near me is Hartford. If any of you have any previous experience with them, looking forward to hear from you. Thanks.

Hi everyone, I'm the new guy here, and also not happy about long process. However I mailed my citizenship papers on Nov.3, to Vermont and two days later they received my staff. On Nov.10 my check was cleared out, and since then quiet. The local office of mine near me is Hartford. If any of you have any previous experience with them, looking forward to hear from you. Thanks.

Patience my friend. You just started the process. ATleast you know your check has been cashed, that means your file has been received and is in process. It's only been 9 days :D . Vermont is known to be slow with processing, the are just like St Paul MN. Trust me I had my fair share of waiting. As stated in another thread you site is known to be slow, your going to have to be patient with them or it's going to drive you crazy. I use to wait everyday for the postman to come and drop off the letter from them. So hang in there and it will come. :thumbs:

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes (many times with immigration) events take awhile, must learn to be patient!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I also filed at the VSC and it took over three weeks for my first NOA. Vermont is much slower than everywhere else, and they are also transferring all the N400 cases to the national benefits center. Not sure if this will make things slower or faster but we will just have to sit and wait! good news is that i got my fingerprints done already, that came in the mail the same day as my NOA, so it shouldnt be too much longer for you now!

Timeline

yeah, I know in some cases it might take forever, hopefully not this time. Ever since I started dealing with them, they were pretty much on schedule according to their timeline. We'll see. Thanks anyway.

Does anyone know if applying for citizenship based on marriage to U.S. citizen will speed up the process, rather than after five years as the green card holder? :unsure:

Same process like everybody else unfortunately.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Timeline

Having a copy of my cached check that was send to USCIS, is there any evidence on it to find out information about my case? I tried to fit all numbers from it to case status box(USCIS website), however didn't work out? Maybe there is something that I do not know about it? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Having a copy of my cached check that was send to USCIS, is there any evidence on it to find out information about my case? I tried to fit all numbers from it to case status box(USCIS website), however didn't work out? Maybe there is something that I do not know about it? :unsure:

We went nuts with the I-751, now that is important because you cannot work nor travel without a new green card, took us over 14 months to get that card. It was because of that card that prompted us to apply for USC, but what the heck, as long as it was done within ten years.

At the time, USC processing was reported to take well over a year, we would have been done in five months if it wasn't for a screw up in her oath letter that put us in yet another state of limbo, but was resolved with help from my senator, but in six months was over. If my wife didn't get her interview in over a year, so what, we were stable.

Already went nuts checking the processing dates with the I-751, never bothered with the N-400, feel each time you check in, they delay your processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.