Jeraly

~July 2007 K-1 Filers II~

643 posts in this topic

Well, I am glad you are back and up and at 'em, Aly! I think a desert Christmas would be very interesting! I'd have to get a large cactus and decorate it! And I don't think your fresh tree will grow any more, unless it's potted!! I've always had a fresh tree and they only ever dry out and drop the needles all over the place! You'll be sweeping and hoovering them up until late August! :P

It's potted!! Roots and all!! We just need something to stick it in so we can water it without it peeing out all over the floor! :lol: It is very pretty though :D

Vika speaks better English that Natasha already, which is common for kids vs adults I guess.

Christmas tree and decs, huh? Here's a link to our photo gallery, showing Natasha and Vika putting up our newly acquired tree and decorations!

Wow - that's amazing!! If only we could pick up languages so quickly :) Pics look lovely :D I'll try and put some up on facebook or something of our new shelves, table and tree :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that about the job Agnes (F) But you will have an awesome time in Germany which is great and then you can find another job that you will like better :D

We have never had a bird hit our window like that :blink: Hopefully we never will :P

I stepped on the scale today and it says I am 20 pounds lighter than two weeks ago. Well that was fast. Only about 6 pounds to go to be back on my normal weight. And I´m not dieting or anything. I think I´m even eating more than usual which I have to so I have plenty of milk :) So that was a nice surprise :)

Filed: Timeline
I stepped on the scale today and it says I am 20 pounds lighter than two weeks ago. Well that was fast. Only about 6 pounds to go to be back on my normal weight. And I´m not dieting or anything. I think I´m even eating more than usual which I have to so I have plenty of milk :) So that was a nice surprise :)

I hate you.

Okay, not really. :D But honest to god I gain a pound if I am in the same room with food. I gain 2 just from smelling it.

Edited by mox

So, Aly, this large, potted Christmas tree......will you keep it year round, or what? :unsure:

Well.. depending on how much it grows we might be able to take it to Colorado with us where I am sure it will do much better!!! Otherwise if it gets too big then I guess we can either sell it or give it to someone with their own garden so they can plant it :) Knowing my luck though it will die along with all my other plants that I can't seem to keep alive in the desert :(

I hate you.

Okay, not really. :D But honest to god I gain a pound if I am in the same room with food. I gain 2 just from smelling it.

Ohhh I hear you :cry: I am really needing to lose some weight - have been on sparkpeople.com which has been really good but with Thanksgiving and Christmas and everything... Kinda fallen off the wagon :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

uh, don't talk about weight....i thought I had 3 more weeks to shed some weight, but now that I will leave next week......

i will come home as a fat unemployed wife. and everybody will ask if I was pregnant. sweet :crying:

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Timeline
uh, don't talk about weight....i thought I had 3 more weeks to shed some weight, but now that I will leave next week......

i will come home as a fat unemployed wife. and everybody will ask if I was pregnant. sweet :crying:

ah, aly, I want to see a picture of the tree!!!!!!

I'll put some up on facebook when it's done :D

And you'll be fine - you look great and you will have plenty of time to cycle... granted it's not the most fun thing in the world but small things mount up :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Congrats Marta!!!

I just saw that you had the baby!! :D

I wish I could lose 20 lbs like that lol, no such luck though <_<

Sorry I haven't been around, I have been very busy with school and work. I went home to NY for Thanksgiving which was really nice (Adriano's first hehe). The next two weeks are going to be a whirlwind with the end of the semester coming. I'm freaking out!!

I hope everyone is well!

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Hey Susie! Glad to hear you're doing ok!!

We have our tree up now with a few pressies underneath but avoiding taking pictures until I can move the other boxes as they are in the way :D It's red and gold and it was sooo different to decorating a fake tree!!! More difficult! I stuck some tinsel on the bookshelves as well and need to write my cards today :)

Which reminds me - Agnes - when are you going back to Germany? I was going to send you a card but there isn't much point if you will be out of the country!! Although I can always send it to Germany if you want to give me the address :)

Trying to get excited about Christmas - I really am excited about it because it is going to be different and fun but at the same time I am going to miss everyone in England... defo feeling a bit better about it all now though which can only be a good thing :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

I'll leave on tuesday.

Jobhunt here is kinda pointless at the moment because there aren't even jobpostings that fit.

anyway.

susie, glad that you guys had a great thanksgiving! what was adrianos favorite part of the thanksgiving foood?

i talked to a bunch of foreigners, and all liked the stuffing best. funny!

Hmmm - know what you mean - I've applied for another job today that was posted yesterday - just data entry through an agency but mostly it seems I should have trained as a dentist, electrical engineer, accountant or baker...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

They'll be so excited to see you, they won't care!

And no worries...I've gained 25 pounds since starting this immigration process in July 07! Yikes.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Only 25lbs... :unsure:

I am heavier than I have ever been and can't fit into any of the clothes I brought - I had to buy trousers especially for our Colorado trip so now I can wear stuff... Other than that I just lived in sun dresses that had elastic on them so I didn't notice... :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
Only 25lbs... :unsure:

I am heavier than I have ever been and can't fit into any of the clothes I brought - I had to buy trousers especially for our Colorado trip so now I can wear stuff... Other than that I just lived in sun dresses that had elastic on them so I didn't notice... :cry:

exactly what i am talking about..... my old winter clothes don't fit anymore.... :crying:

eric is leaving tomorrow morning and still hasn't packed his stuff, or even put his clothes into the laundry. it will be LONG night.

(his fleight leaves at 6am).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.