wsr

USCIS Interview Timeframes

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello all, just wondering about the interview timeframes and what month USCIS is working on in accordance to filing dates. Me and my wife filed in August and will be leaving out of the country in December and some of January so hopefully we will not miss any interview appointment. If they send out a letter while we are gone, how far in advance do they usually give people before the actual appointment? THANKS!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Hello all, just wondering about the interview timeframes and what month USCIS is working on in accordance to filing dates. Me and my wife filed in August and will be leaving out of the country in December and some of January so hopefully we will not miss any interview appointment. If they send out a letter while we are gone, how far in advance do they usually give people before the actual appointment? THANKS!!

We had two months' advance notice for the AOS interview. Your notice could arrive while you are away, if not before.

Look at the top of this page in the thin blue menu bar

ClickImmigration Timelines

Then find Statistics and click on Adjustment of Status

You find some current averages

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Yeah I've kinda looked at it and the timing scares us a little. What happens if we get an interview while out of country? Any way to postpone interview or go in for an infopass and let them know? We just expedited advanced parole for reasons of financial loss that taxes have to be filed for my wife for her company and would they work with us if she has to be out of the country by the end of the year?

Timeline

Yeah I've kinda looked at it and the timing scares us a little. What happens if we get an interview while out of country? Any way to postpone interview or go in for an infopass and let them know? We just expedited advanced parole for reasons of financial loss that taxes have to be filed for my wife for her company and would they work with us if she has to be out of the country by the end of the year?

I don't believe they are all that accurate either if the USCIS is running behind right now. I just wanted to know what month of filing was getting their interviews at the moment.

So anyone have experience on the USCIS postponing an interview? or is their attitude 'oh well' ??

It seems that there is a 2 week- 2 month advance notice. I just received mine and it is for January, but you don't want to risk not being able to be at the interview.

Just an FYI, you cannot postpone your interview unless there is a life threatening emergency! One Woman was due the day of her interview and they did not let her change the date. And if you are not there then you will be denied automically. Sorry not trying to be a kill joy !

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Timeline
It seems that there is a 2 week- 2 month advance notice. I just received mine and it is for January, but you don't want to risk not being able to be at the interview.

Just an FYI, you cannot postpone your interview unless there is a life threatening emergency! One Woman was due the day of her interview and they did not let her change the date. And if you are not there then you will be denied automically. Sorry not trying to be a kill joy !

That's kind of wrong if it's true. As I've read people have made plans for a certain schedule date and USCIS postpones it at their own disgretion but we can't postpone on our own behalf. USCIS sucks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well we submitted ours March 2008 and without warning for an interview, we got a notice just today stating my husband is approved for his Permanent Resident Card. We are still in shock that we didn't have to interview. :D

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

2006 Lived together in US for 6 mos

Jan 2007 -got engaged

2007 Living together until April

March 19, 2007 -sent I129-f

March 20, 2007 -package received at CSC stamped"USCIS RECEIVED"

March 26, 2007 - NOA1 approved

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

June 27, 2007- NVC forwarded packet to Denmark

January 10, 2008-Interview at the Embassy

January 18, 2008-Visa Approved

February 14, 2008-Got married in Texas

March 2008- received SSN

April 2008-ASC/Biometrics Appt.

April 2008-Notice that case was transferred to CSC

May 2008-received EAD

November I485 Approved-Permanent Resident Card will be here in 3 weeks!!!

Timeline

Well we submitted ours March 2008 and without warning for an interview, we got a notice just today stating my husband is approved for his Permanent Resident Card. We are still in shock that we didn't have to interview. :D

Do you think this was because you submitted sufficient evidence for a bona fide marriage? We tried to submit everything and anything we could think which suggests comingling of finances. That would be nice but congrats to you!!

Timeline

Do you think this was because you submitted sufficient evidence for a bona fide marriage? We tried to submit everything and anything we could think which suggests comingling of finances. That would be nice but congrats to you!!

Thank you and I honestly don't know what it took because we submitted just what was required. We have been waiting to have the notice for the interview and we were SHOCKED that is was approved without one. I wish I knew why they did this so we could share with everyone else what our "secret tips for success" were. Everything was normal documentation so we have no tips :(

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

Jan 2007 -got engaged

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

March 2008- received SSN

May 2008-received EAD

Timeline

Thank you and I honestly don't know what it took because we submitted just what was required. We have been waiting to have the notice for the interview and we were SHOCKED that is was approved without one. I wish I knew why they did this so we could share with everyone else what our "secret tips for success" were. Everything was normal documentation so we have no tips :(

also...we don't have joint bank accounts and I didn't submit any evidence of comingling of finances.

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

Jan 2007 -got engaged

March 2008- received SSN

May 2008-received EAD

I am an August filer. Filed in late late August, and my interview is scheduled for Jan 12, 2009 - for your reference...

AOS Timeline:

• Date Filed : 2008-08-28
  • NOA Date : 2008-09-03
  • RFE: 2008-09-19
  • Biometrics Appt. : 2008-09-23
  • RFE Mailed: 2008-10-06
  • RFE Delivered: 2008-10-10
  • Case Processing Resumed: 2008-10-16
  • I-485 TOUCHES: 2008-10-17, 2008-10-20, 2008-10-21
  • EAD Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Received: 2008-11-12
  • EAD Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview Letter Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview: 2009-01-12 - APPROVED!

Luvmydane; I can't tell from your timeline as it doesn't say where you filed for AOS or when, but did your AOS get transferrd to CSC? 'Cause if so most cases don't get interviews if transferred there.

WSR; as far as postponing here is what I know from reading around here and talking to people. There have been instances where USCIS has "postponed" "Rescheduled" the interviews and so people didn't show up for the initial interview and were denied for not showing up!

I mean you may be fine, can you have someone check the mail for you while you are gone? Look out for it and then let you know so you can be back in time?

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Timeline
Luvmydane; I can't tell from your timeline as it doesn't say where you filed for AOS or when, but did your AOS get transferrd to CSC? 'Cause if so most cases don't get interviews if transferred there.

WSR; as far as postponing here is what I know from reading around here and talking to people. There have been instances where USCIS has "postponed" "Rescheduled" the interviews and so people didn't show up for the initial interview and were denied for not showing up!

I mean you may be fine, can you have someone check the mail for you while you are gone? Look out for it and then let you know so you can be back in time?

I've updated my signature and yes it was CSC. Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread. :blink:

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

Jan 2007 -got engaged

March 2008- received SSN

May 2008-received EAD

Timeline
I am an August filer. Filed in late late August, and my interview is scheduled for Jan 12, 2009 - for your reference...

wow, we filed 1 day before you and received EAD the same and same date for biometrics but haven't had a touch since September. Weird USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.