5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Is there any cases left that started in 2006 and still undergoing "AP".

My k-1 visa has been pending since May 2006. The Consulate has kept my passport since OCT 2007. I was told in Sept 2007 by the consulate that I was being issued a visa, but unfortunately I later discovered they had to put me back for a 5th security clearnce. The DOS is no longer able to tell if this check has been completed. Unlike the other 4 previous security clearances which took from one week to 4 months max to complete. This last one is a doozey.

I have emailed consulate numerous times and all I get is once they rec info from dos they will contact me.

I have sent a letter to my senator about a week ago. Haven't heard back from them yet.

What do I or my fiance do in this case. It will be 3years since we first submitted our application in Jan 2006 3 YEARS. Oh my GOD!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

WOW that is too long of a time!! And they have your passport :wacko: I would keep contact your senator, or congressmen!!! They had your passport over a year - WOW amazing how they put your life on hold like that!!!

My prayers are with you!! Good Luck

Nita (F)

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Nouri12,

I suggest that you contact your Senator's liaison officer and ask them for an update via phone. I am guessing that they have written the embassy and are awaiting a written reply and then would forward you a copy or send you a letter with details. I hope that you also signed a Privacy Release Form giving them the right to talk to any governmental agency on your behalf. If you have not done this then they might be slow to respond to your requests for help.

Usually the congressional person for your district deals with the immigration issues and if you have not contacted that person it would be worth talking to them as well. Good luck and I am so sorry to see that your visa is in limbo.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Can they hold your passport for that long? I mean, what right do they have to hold your passport for a year!? :angry:

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

If I were you I'd be finding a lawyer and filing a lawsuit against the DOS. It's called a Writ of Mandamus. Some lawyers have told me that it will help, some have told me it will not. My fiance has only been on AP for 7 months so I'm not quite ready to file yet. The amount of time you've had to wait is absolutely RIDICULOUS AND UNACCEPTABLE.

Writ of Mandamus on Wikipedia

There is a lot of stuff out there on Google. I've seen cases that were pending AOS for years that were completed after filing of a writ but I have yet to find a case where this will help for security clearance. If I were you, I'd be searching for an attorney who has experience with this. I'll begin the search if we don't have my fiance's visa after 12 months of AP.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.