23 posts in this topic

why have you waited?!?!?

You should contatct USCSIS and ask them. Perhaps there is an extension.....but you should start there.

05-21-06 - Met online

12-29-07 - Married at 6pm THE LAST TIME I'LL FALL IN LOVE

07-28-08 - Mailed I-130(Chicago, $355 X 2)

07-31-08 - NOA1(I-130 recieved in Chicago)

08-01-08 - Hard copy NOA1 (I recieved the NOA1 via mail)

08-25-08 - Hard copy NOA2(I-130 approved and recieved by me)

08-27-08 - NVC assigns case number(verified via telephone call)

09-05-08 - Received DS-3032 and AOS bill(checked by phone and noted on travel web site)

09-05-08 - Paid AOS bill online --- pending (paid on-line $70)

09-06-08 - Emailed DS-3032 --- auto response (email that NVC recieved an email from Grace, nothing more)

09-09-08 - AOS bill --- PAID!! (noted on travel web site as "PAID")

09-11-09 - Grace recieved DS-3032s, still no response to the email...(wife got a birthday package from her hubby :) )

09-12-09 - Mailed DS-3032 via FedEx. Also mailed out AOS(paper mailed just to be certain they get one)

09-15-09 - NVC accepts DS-3032..FINALLY!!!(verified via email response and telephone call)

09-15-09 - IV Bill paid online - in process($400 X 2)

09-16-08 - AOS revieced by NVC and being reviewed.(verified via telephone call)

09-17-08 - Immigrant VISA Bill fee "PAID" (verified on-line)

09-24-08 - AOS approved(verified via telephone call)

10-06-08 - DS230 recieved by NVC

10-10-08 - CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

10-29-08 - Appointment Schedule for 12-9-2008(verified by telephone call to NVC)

11-03-08 - Recieved Appointment letter via snail mail

11-25-08 - Medical Exam at St. Lukes Medical Center

12-09-08 - Interview at 630am.......VISAs APPROVED!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know the laws with the K3 visa. I came here on a K1 visa and have been out of status since October 2007. My husband's income just didn't meet the poverty limit, but now he does and I'm getting ready to submit my AOS this month. From what I've read in other forums, it's ok for K1 to stay in the US even if out of status as long as she married her petitioner within the 90-day period.

AOS Timeline

Dec. 09, 2008- mailed AOS packet

Dec. 10, 2008- received by V. Bustamante

Dec. 16, 2008- money order payment was cashed

Dec. 22, 2008- received NOAs for I-131; I-485; and I-765 in the mail (yay!)

Feb. 21, 2009- received I-512L (Advance Parole document)

Feb. 24, 2009- biometrics done

Mar. 05, 2009- EAD received

Mar. 05, 2009- case transferred to CSC

Mar. 10, 2009- applied for SSN

Mar. 21, 2009- SSN card received

Apr. 10, 2009- Welcome Notice Received dated 04/06/09

Apr. 13, 2009- Greencard received

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
WHAT DO I DO IF MY K-3 VISA EXPIRES IN MARCH 09 AND I HAVE NOT YET FILED MY

CHANGE OF STATUS. I'M AFRAID THEY MAY SEND ME BACK OR TRY TO DEPORT ME.

PLEASE HELP :whistle:

I don't think they will deport you if you entered here legally and are married to the person you entered on the K3 for. I think deportation is for worse things than not being able to afford to file. At least I hope so. :unsure: Hopefully pushbrk or mermaid will come along and tell your for sure.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
WHAT DO I DO IF MY K-3 VISA EXPIRES IN MARCH 09 AND I HAVE NOT YET FILED MY

CHANGE OF STATUS. I'M AFRAID THEY MAY SEND ME BACK OR TRY TO DEPORT ME.

PLEASE HELP :whistle:

I don't think they will deport you if you entered here legally and are married to the person you entered on the K3 for. I think deportation is for worse things than not being able to afford to file. At least I hope so. :unsure: Hopefully pushbrk or mermaid will come along and tell your for sure.

"I don't think" and "I don't know" don't help. K3 visas are for people who marry before petitioning, not after US entry.

The K3 can be extended, so you could file an extension or file to adjust status. Take your pick.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline
I don't know the laws with the K3 visa. I came here on a K1 visa and have been out of status since October 2007. My husband's income just didn't meet the poverty limit, but now he does and I'm getting ready to submit my AOS this month. From what I've read in other forums, it's ok for K1 to stay in the US even if out of status as long as she married her petitioner within the 90-day period.

Just a question: I am on a k-1 visa and won't be able to file AOS due to financial constraints too. But i have married my fiance and k-1 visa will expire this month. Should I report the marriage to immigration and ask for extension of filing application for AOS? What number shoud I call?

Just a question: I am on a k-1 visa and won't be able to file AOS due to financial constraints too. But i have married my fiance and k-1 visa will expire this month. Should I report the marriage to immigration and ask for extension of filing application for AOS? What number shoud I call?

You'll technically be "out of status" after your I-94 has expired, but when you file, you'll be "forgiven" this when you eventually file AOS. I would try to get the money to apply for your own state of mind. You won't be able to work without your EAD, and delaying will make your financial situation worse.

K-1 Timeline

Oct 5 07 - NOA1 issued

Jan 17 08 - NOA2 issued!

May 07 08 - VISA IN HAND!

Aug 16 08 - WEDDING!

View our complete K-1 timeline here!

AOS Timeline

Sep 08 08 - Submitted AOS/AP/EAD package

Sep 10 08 - Package received

Sep 12 08 - NOA for AP

Sep 15 08 - NOA for AOS

Sep 18 08 - Check cashed

Sep 25 08 - NOA for EAD

Oct 03 08 - AOS transferred to CSC!

Oct 08 08 - Biometrics for AOS/EAD

Oct 09 08 - AOS received by CSC

Nov 21 08 - AP approval notice sent!

Nov 29 08 - AP arrived in mail!

Dec 03 08 - EAD approval notice sent!

Dec 08 08 - EAD arrived in mail!

Mar 17 09 - Permanent Residence Approved!

Mar 25 09 - Green Card arrives in mail!!!

APPLYING TO LIFT CONDITIONS

Dec 17 10

View our complete AOS timeline here!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

Thank you so much for your advices. I am so worried of my situation lately. Your inputs makes me stronger. I am planning to apply EAD so I could help my husband to come out the amount. I am thinking to borrow $340.00 to a friend for the EAD application. I just hope she had that amount too.

Thank you all so much and God Bless.

Timeline

Hi Rubchett,

I'm so sorry in regards to your situation. I entered here in USA a K-3 visa and I don't know what is the laws in K-1 visa. I hope somebody could give you advices on the same category. God Bless.

Timeline

Hello again VJ's,

I have another question. If we can come out the money for AOS, we have to proceed the process but I am so worried that we don't have a joint acount as one of the evidences as a bonafide marriage. My husband doesn't believe on that, we don't have anything that can prove our marriage aside of our marriage certificate and photos. Does anybody can advice me?I have a checking account but he's only a custudian just in case I will die he can get the money whatever I'll deposited in it. But that checking account is not moving since I don't have work yet to have an income. Does the USCIS really needs more to prove our marriage? Please help...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello VJ members,

Thank you so much for your advices. I am so worried of my situation lately. Your inputs makes me stronger. I am planning to apply EAD so I could help my husband to come out the amount. I am thinking to borrow $340.00 to a friend for the EAD application. I just hope she had that amount too.

Thank you all so much and God Bless.

I believe since your K-3 status has expired that any EAD application will be rejected. AFAIK, you will now need the I-485 application to be filed in order to receive interim EAD.

YMMV

Timeline
Hello again VJ's,

I have another question. If we can come out the money for AOS, we have to proceed the process but I am so worried that we don't have a joint acount as one of the evidences as a bonafide marriage. My husband doesn't believe on that, we don't have anything that can prove our marriage aside of our marriage certificate and photos. Does anybody can advice me?I have a checking account but he's only a custudian just in case I will die he can get the money whatever I'll deposited in it. But that checking account is not moving since I don't have work yet to have an income. Does the USCIS really needs more to prove our marriage? Please help...

The application does not require any bonafides to be submitted. if you are interviewed (50/50 chance) then that is when bonafides are presented... You have time to get evidence together.

YMMV

Timeline

Hello again, I think my situation is really complicated since my AOS is still hanging. We're married for more than 2 years and I am a K-3 visa. I wish we could adjust my status as soon as possible. My question is: When I could apply the removal of condition? Or can I apply for that together with my AOS? Please I need your help....every advices is really appreciated....God Bless

Timeline
Hello again, I think my situation is really complicated since my AOS is still hanging. We're married for more than 2 years and I am a K-3 visa. I wish we could adjust my status as soon as possible. My question is: When I could apply the removal of condition? Or can I apply for that together with my AOS? Please I need your help....every advices is really appreciated....God Bless

you cannot remove conditions unlessl you have been issued conditional permanent residency...

in your situation when you file AOS, since you will have been married 2+ years, then upon approval you will avoid conditional residency and be issued a 10 yr card.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.