JULIAFERNO

Help - I am so upset :(

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

WontanNara--I know how you feel--I HATE visiting my husband and then having to say good-bye and not knowing when I will see him again.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats sucks. good luck friend. i hope you can get your visa soon. i just wonder you know what is ap mean and you know how hard.. but some people i dunno if they have no idea about ap and talking about like actually making comment about us that is bothering me . wood woo.. ap is not like waitin interview day. ap has no time and nobody know that when it will be done.. i am talking about "unforgettable fire" and also i dont like threating to people . i dont need that.. and i wonder "unforgettable fire" people has problem and ofcourse couples has some problem too and when people are having problem that mean is in future will be hard ?i dunno if you guys have no problem this is weird. bcuz people can not stay away having problems. that is just my personal idea. but i love argue with my love. bcuz when we are argue about topics and after we are finding rights.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline
and also would like to add a sence. when i see people who got their interview after me and they got their visas , i feel like stupid..

Onur you can't beat yourself up over that, it's out of your control. I know how you feel, though...

My fiance has a cousin, who has a girlfriend, who has a friend, who has found her way to me for help for her Guinean fiance's visa. I've answered all of her questions, I've helped her learn from my mistakes, I've helped her understand the Dakar embassy and it's processes, and my fiance and I have helped her and her fiance find a place to stay in Dakar. Her fiance has his interview in a very short time, and there is a very real chance that this man could get his visa and leave Senegal well before my fiance. How is that just? :angry: I've gone out of my way to help them and still, my fiance is not here with me. I cannot control it. Helping them is my sacrifice for God.

You are more than likely undergoing security checks because somebody here in the states with the same or a similar name did something criminal. I know this because I read Julia's response from her inquiry with her Senator. My fiance and many others are in the same exact position. We have another friend who went through this and later on found out a man with the same name had been arrested and deported from the US. At this point your visa is conditionally approved and the security checks are being done in Washington. It's taking so long because there are a over a million people that apply for visas each year. Our government is already spending too much money (the 'war' in Iraq is costing us billions of dolllars) so the government does not have enough people to do all the work that needs to be done. Sadly, our government is kind of screwed up...

Before September 11, 2001, if a consulate requested security checks from a US government agency, the agency had 30 days to respond. At the end of the 30 days, the consulate had the authority to issue the visa. After September 11, our newly formed department of homeland security changed that law and the consulates overseas are required to wait for clearance from Washington. It SUCKS, it makes good people suffer, but it is what it is and you cannot take it personally.

Hang in there, you are not alone. Remember, nothing good is ever easy and good things come to those who wait!

Oh and you're right about arguing. After our argument was finished today, we said we always feel closer after an argument. (L)

Timeline
WontanNara--I know how you feel--I HATE visiting my husband and then having to say good-bye and not knowing when I will see him again.

Yeah... it's so hard. I really hope we can come home together. By the time I leave Africa, if AP doesn't finish before then, we will have been on AP for 9 months. :crying:

Insh-Allah.... his AP will finish before then.

Timeline
and what is the differences living your love forever and city or country not important or living with your love or waiting for living with your love and living only the united states? if i will get marry with julia why we must to wait for this rules ruining our healts ?i told julia all the time. country or countries not important for me.. important is living with my love.

True... I have never been to Turkey so I don't know what it's like. Living in Africa would probably end my life a lot sooner than my fortunate and cushy life here. I really feel for the African people. There is no work, they don't have reliable clean running water and electricity, and there are some really scary sicknesses in Africa. :( I supposed this is a little off topic, but being there makes me appreciate what we do have in this country, and it's why we continue to wait for his visa to come here. My fiance will have the opportunity to educate himself, find good work, and help feed his family back home (oh yeah and never be hungry again himself).

and what is the differences living your love forever and city or country not important or living with your love or waiting for living with your love and living only the united states? if i will get marry with julia why we must to wait for this rules ruining our healts ?i told julia all the time. country or countries not important for me.. important is living with my love.

True... I have never been to Turkey so I don't know what it's like. Living in Africa would probably end my life a lot sooner than my fortunate and cushy life here. I really feel for the African people. There is no work, they don't have reliable clean running water and electricity, and there are some really scary sicknesses in Africa. :( I supposed this is a little off topic, but being there makes me appreciate what we do have in this country, and it's why we continue to wait for his visa to come here. My fiance will have the opportunity to educate himself, find good work, and help feed his family back home (oh yeah and never be hungry again himself).

hey thank you WonTanNara . i know before 11 september and after september .. lots of rules changed.. i know about africa too.. i had some afraican friends from nigeria ghibuti and ghana.. i know i heard from them lots of story yes thats sadness. just one thing is bother me i mean i have never been in the state before. if i am for this reason in AP or not... hope someday africa can be change. they are really cool and really friendly.. hope your fiance can get visa soo soon.. i am wishing this for everybody.. bcuz this is too hard and really unhealty for people..hope this world can never see any war or terorism anymore.

Timeline

hey thank you WonTanNara . i know before 11 september and after september .. lots of rules changed.. i know about africa too.. i had some afraican friends from nigeria ghibuti and ghana.. i know i heard from them lots of story yes thats sadness. just one thing is bother me i mean i have never been in the state before. if i am for this reason in AP or not... hope someday africa can be change. they are really cool and really friendly.. hope your fiance can get visa soo soon.. i am wishing this for everybody.. bcuz this is too hard and really unhealty for people..hope this world can never see any war or terorism anymore.

Won tan nara is Susu (my fiance's native language) and loosely translated it means "we are in this together." You're very welcome. I hope that by reading some of our posts you can take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. My fiance too has never left his home country before traveling to Senegal for his interview; he's never stepped foot on US soil. This all seems so ridiculous, doesn't it? It's got to be somebody else's bad name causing our bad fortune and I'm so sorry we have to go through this.

And yes, the African people that have touched my lives are so very special!

I absolutely believe your visa will come because your relationship is real and you have no criminal record. Be patient. Julia said she's going to go visit you for her winter break, right? Focus on that vacation, a little pre-honeymoon... I too will be going to see my fiance in 4 weeks and 2 days, but I'm not counting hee hee... :thumbs:

Hang in there!

Coming back alone is one of the worst things you have to do in life. I had not been able to eat or sleep for 20 hours on that journey back and had sleepless nights for a good 2 months after that. I think the best thing to do is to keep in mind the possiblity of having to come back alone to minimize the mental shock but to also have complete faith that anything forced is never good. I hope you don't have to go through this and that AP will be cleared between this time, I am praying for you that you and your fiance will be reunited soon, in the US.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Timeline
Coming back alone is one of the worst things you have to do in life. I had not been able to eat or sleep for 20 hours on that journey back and had sleepless nights for a good 2 months after that. I think the best thing to do is to keep in mind the possiblity of having to come back alone to minimize the mental shock but to also have complete faith that anything forced is never good. I hope you don't have to go through this and that AP will be cleared between this time, I am praying for you that you and your fiance will be reunited soon, in the US.

God bless,

Tam

Thanks Tam, I really appreciate your support and your friendship. Much love to you.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance is becoming incredibly impatient and told me today that if his AP isn't complete in 45 days he is going to cancel the visa application and that I can move to Turkey when I am done with my graduate program in May. WHAT? I am so upset...sitting here crying. He is being so irrational right now and seems to have his mind made up.

On top of that I have to take the Praxis tomorrow morning and I'm an emotional wreck right now. :crying:

Not to dash your hopes, but my I-129f, took NVC 4 months to clear it. you need to be realistic that with 2.5 million people wanting visa's its going to take awhile for processing.

Darcene

Timeline
My fiance is becoming incredibly impatient and told me today that if his AP isn't complete in 45 days he is going to cancel the visa application and that I can move to Turkey when I am done with my graduate program in May. WHAT? I am so upset...sitting here crying. He is being so irrational right now and seems to have his mind made up.

On top of that I have to take the Praxis tomorrow morning and I'm an emotional wreck right now. :crying:

Not to dash your hopes, but my I-129f, took NVC 4 months to clear it. you need to be realistic that with 2.5 million people wanting visa's its going to take awhile for processing.

Darcene

Um, what exactly do you know about AP? From your timeline, it looks as if you know absolutely nothing of AP.

I'll try to give you a small idea of what it's like. Imagine... you've had your interview, you've been told your paperwork is all in order and your relationship is verified, but... some mysterious processing still needs to be done on your case and you have no information about it and even worse ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA when it will finish. NO IDEA. NONE.

Thanks for the insight Junior. You might want to do your homework before you chime in about something you know nothing about.

i have no idea about african languages. i know i must to be patient and i think i am .. sometimes i can be cranky.. i feel little better when i am checking people posts.. and same time counting days too for seing my julia again.. yes she will be here for her winter break.i can not wait for seing her again.. hope everything will be fine..

Every day for us something new.. and waiting for new days :) good luck mates..

Timeline
i have no idea about african languages. i know i must to be patient and i think i am .. sometimes i can be cranky.. i feel little better when i am checking people posts.. and same time counting days too for seing my julia again.. yes she will be here for her winter break.i can not wait for seing her again.. hope everything will be fine..

Every day for us something new.. and waiting for new days :) good luck mates..

Two things I'm sure of, we're all cranky sometimes, and everything will be fine... :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Julia... My prayers are with you and hope you can get your fiance relax a bit... I know how it must feel to be waiting this long!! Just remind him of your love for each other and be patience with him because he is probably feeling very confused about the whole AP status... But you know what I heard that sometimes that AP can be because of the Petitioner as well..... INSHALLAH that you heard a positive status soon!!!!

Come on AP be over!!!

Nita (F)

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Timeline
But you know what I heard that sometimes that AP can be because of the Petitioner as well.....

Ehhh Nita...

Based on everything that's been posted about Julia's case, I'm confident her fiance is undergoing security checks in Washington now (same as mine).

You should elaborate on this "because of the petitioner as well" thing.... I'm very curious to know what you've heard because from what I know, I would not agree with that statement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.