imi20

K3 approved, help with I 134 (affidavit of support) needed, what is the poverty guideline

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey all,

My wife's K3 has been approved and we have recd the paperwork from the embassy in Pak, It contains some forms including I 134 affidavit of support, but it doesn't say anything about the minimum income req ( poverty guide line ) I have two children dependents and I make around $20,000. Not sure what are the correct requirments on I 134 and what to do,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi there :)

Here is the true government web site that tells you exactly what you should make, poverty guideline for 2008

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

Hope its helpful and congrtas on approval :thumbs:(F)

God help us all who is still waiting :unsure:

Tatyana

7-22-2008 Sent I129F to CSC

7-31-2008 NOA1

12-8-2008 checked case status online.. APPROVED!!!

12-12-2008 received hard copy NOA2 !!!!!

12-17-2008 received NVC Case # !!!!!

1-5-2009 received Packet 3!!!!!

1-22-2009 Interview Date!!!!! Please pray for us!

2-5-2009 US here we come :)

4-19-2009 Wedding Day!!!

AOS

6-4-2009 AOS Filed!!!

6-25-2009 Fingerprints appt!!!

7-9-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-14-2009 email: "EAD card production ordered"

7-15-2009 email: "Approval Notice Sent"

7-17-2009 EAD Card received

9-15-2009 AOS Interview

7y3zfuchf.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ASSalam-o-LAikum

wese tu i dONT kNOW BUT IN MY i134 AFFADAVOIT AND SUPPORT mY HUSBNAD MENTION 17500$

bUT I dONT HAVE ANY CHILDREN

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks Tatyana,

but that is the poverty guideline for I 864, whereas I am looking for the poverty guide line for I 134

The poverty guideline is the poverty guideline. Technically, 100% CAN BE good enough for the I-134 and 125% for the I-864 but often Consulates are looking for the 125% or more for any K visa. They are evaluating whether they think the applicant is likely to become a public charge and can use any criteria they find useful. It's not simply a matter of meeting a published requirement. I've seen people who have more income than the 125% from the table who are denied visas until they find a co-sponsor.

Much of the process is subjective.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.