nelsongx

Is ths timeframe for AOS too long

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good luck song..please let us know how it goes

What a waste to time! I went to the INFO PASS and found out nothing. What a joke the whole process was. We traveled 250 miles one way. We get there go thru Security and go to the lower level. I had my hubby with me and niether of us had to show our ID. We checked in and got our number and got called right away. Told the man that I wanted to know why no action was taken on my I 130. I was told that I should be asking questions on the I-465. He took my letter I recieved for my inquire on the I-130 and throw it away. and then looked up the I-465. He told me that it is on Officer Johnson desk and we may hear something in 3 to 6 months on it. He said that they are backed up because they were only processing people going to become citizen so they could vote in this year election. So now they are back processing the other one now. We were told that Johnson just transfered over from the airport and if he is any good at his job we know something in 6 months.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good luck song..please let us know how it goes

What a waste to time! I went to the INFO PASS and found out nothing. What a joke the whole process was. We traveled 250 miles one way. We get there go thru Security and go to the lower level. I had my hubby with me and niether of us had to show our ID. We checked in and got our number and got called right away. Told the man that I wanted to know why no action was taken on my I 130. I was told that I should be asking questions on the I-465. He took my letter I recieved for my inquire on the I-130 and throw it away. and then looked up the I-465. He told me that it is on Officer Johnson desk and we may hear something in 3 to 6 months on it. He said that they are backed up because they were only processing people going to become citizen so they could vote in this year election. So now they are back processing the other one now. We were told that Johnson just transfered over from the airport and if he is any good at his job we know something in 6 months.

That sucks. Sorry you wasted your time. Hopefully you will hear from your Congressman soon. We had to get our office involved, they were the ones who told us FBI was doing the check. USCIS didn't tell us anything. Continue to keep hope alive. A few of us got stuck too.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

That really sucks that the infopass didn't help, but that seems fairly typical from other cases I've read where the problem is FBI checks not completed. IMHO this has nothing to do with the OP coming on a visitor visa, if they suspected fraud they would not have said they were approved (pending or not) at the interview and would have grilled them more at interview/scheduled a second interview/denied the application. From what I have read (since I did AOS from tourist entry too, I read quite a bit!), that is what normally happens if fraud is suspected/proved, not just complete inactivity. I think the most likely explanation is that the background checks are still not finished :( Hope you hear something soon.

Removing conditions:

10/9/10 - Package sent to Vermont

10/13/10 - NOA1 date, received 10/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.