nelsongx

Is ths timeframe for AOS too long

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We got married April 29, 07. Went to Attorney the next week and was to for hubby to stay here and to file whole package. Filed for I-130, I-765, I-131, I-485 ect. in July 07. No problem with the I-131 or I-765. And no problems traveling to Jamaica and coming back home. Bios done in Sept and interview in April 08. Nothing from them now. Went to Congressman office for help. Got a call yesterday that Second I-765 was aproved but I-485 is delayed approval. I have an info Pass Appointment for tommorrow on the I- 130 which hasn't been approved yet. Can anyone give us any advice? Is this the way it happens?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OK..HELLO

where is ur SO now? Although it is not unsual for an I130 to take that long for approval but it could mean something else is holding it up..I'm not an expert but they'll come soon :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Whoa.....there.....

You had biometrics and an interview for this? You should've gotten either a GC or a denial by now. 7 months is far too long a wait on that. I would make an infopass appointment and tell them your story. Have someone investigate for you.

Good luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

My hubby will be coming with me when I go to the info pass appointment tomorrow. Hopefully will find out what the holdup is. I will bring my whole file with me when I go. Is there anything else to bring?

Timeline

can't think of anything ....just make sure u have evrything they ever sent u...and what the lawyer has..how did ur SO come into the country?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Whoa.....there.....

You had biometrics and an interview for this? You should've gotten either a GC or a denial by now. 7 months is far too long a wait on that. I would make an infopass appointment and tell them your story. Have someone investigate for you.

Good luck.

Not entirely true. Ours took over a year. We applied in Feb, biometrics in Aug, interview in Sept but didn't get the card until April the following year. FBI was conducting a background check. They can happen at anytime during the visa process.

Definitely make an infopass appointment to check the status. Good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

My hubby came to the states on a visa he had gotten the year before that he had used to visited his bother in NY in Dec. The plan was for us to get married in the states and then he would go home and we would do the immigration process. The Attorney told us to file for everything and for him to stay here with me.

Timeline

OK, I COULD BE MISTAKEN but it seems the "problem" is when he came on a visitors? visa and married someone..if u come with the intent to marry someone i think that's a problem? maybe that's holdup? where are all the experts? help !!!

Timeline

I agree, Kimmy. But even so, they should be asking for proof that this was not the intention. Not just holding it up.

By you saying "the plan was".....please tell me you did not say that on any forms......you are committing visa fraud. That is going to be a real problem if you said that out loud to anyone of importance.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I agree, Kimmy. But even so, they should be asking for proof that this was not the intention. Not just holding it up.

By you saying "the plan was".....please tell me you did not say that on any forms......you are committing visa fraud. That is going to be a real problem if you said that out loud to anyone of importance.

UR RIGHT JG

Timeline

No that was not put on any forms. He had a ticket to meet my family in the states and no then go home. When he left Jamaica he was going back he had his ticket to return. We discussed what we should do and decided to get married before he went home. I did not know anything about the immmigration process until we went to the attorney. I called my minister that went to Jamaica with my group and he said yes we could do it after the last service on Sunday. We got our license at the court house and there is no waiting period in ND. This is a real marriage.

Timeline

Nelsongx..please don't take it wrong of course you know if your marriage is real. BUT immigration sees different went it comes to immigration process. If u enter the US with the intent to marry someone on a visitors visa they call it fraud..it could be possible fraud..it may not be in ur case we are just going on what we know

I personally don't think USCIS would issue an EAD or AP if it's visa fraud. But, what do I know?

Please let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow.

ur right

Timeline
I personally don't think USCIS would issue an EAD or AP if it's visa fraud. But, what do I know?

Please let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow.

Actually, it's amazing how easy it can be to get an EAD when you are in the process - I know so many that had them, but then were denied their greencard - (different scenario, not marriage based).

Wishing you luck with your info pass - If that doesn't give you results, I would reach out to your senator and congressman -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.