nunyab

MENA FAMILY!!! The interview seems so far

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

He doesn't mail it, from my understanding cause he is going through the Madrid consulate he is carrying it in on interview day...NVC already sent the consulate all our CR1 forms and the list of things to bring is nothing more than two pics, passport and medical.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He's right! It's his turn now. I'm sure he'll get everything he needs done, so don't worry! In the meantime, you can do what I've been doing, which is emailing him additional documents for his interview (like more emails, chats, most current cell phone bill), rather than mail them. Then he can print them there.

Also, you can start getting ready for him!!! I've started to make a list of the gazillion things I need to do before he comes here. Things around the house, cancelling my cable and switching to satellite. With the holidays coming, I'm sure the time will go quickly. I'm even using up some vacation time that I have to take (or I lose it) to stay at home and just get my place ready. Also, my Black Friday shopping will be shopping for us - I want to get him a GPS, some warm clothes that you know will go on sale big time on Black Friday (robe, gloves, hats, etc)

FYI, check if your library has Arabic learning cd's for checkout. (if they don't have them interlibrary loan it for you) That'll save you some money :thumbs:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Push him to do the medical ASAP. Never know what happens. Ours was ready for pickup the next day, but we were not able to pick it up for another week. There was one couple there, they came back a few days after their medical appointment and it still was not ready. And their interview was the next morning. Not sure what happened to them. Another guy, at his first medical they were rushed and didn't fill the forms out correctly. For some reason he was delayed for several months in order to submit his medical forms to the consulate. DON'T LEAVE FOR TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY!!! Trust me on that one and especially when it's in your (or your husbands) hands to get it done now. You have to tell him how important it is to leave nothing out of the equation. One piece of paper could come back to haunt you.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Timeline

I'm just waiting too.

Carmen are you going to do the Dish Network thing? If you are, keep your regular service because it is a separate dish just for Arabic channels. And the GPS is a great idea! (coming from someone who got lost twice going to your house)

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
He doesn't mail it, from my understanding cause he is going through the Madrid consulate he is carrying it in on interview day...NVC already sent the consulate all our CR1 forms and the list of things to bring is nothing more than two pics, passport and medical.

Rajaa I'm taking notes :thumbs: to be ready when my time came come

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Madrid, Spain my husband is Jordanian

Marriage : Jan. 28-2008 we know each other since 2003

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-21

I-130 touched 10-06-08 and again 10-07-08

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

I-129 NOA1: 09-16-2008

touched!! 9-27-2008

I-130 Approved : 3-2-2009 I'm so happyyyyyyyy!!!!

I-129 Approved: 3-2-2009

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

3-11-2009: Pay I-864 Bill

3-12-2009:Receive I-864 Package :

3-12-2009 : Return Completed I-864 :

3-10-2009: Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

3-18-2009: Pay IV Bill :

3-19-2009: Receive Instruction Package

4-8-2009:Case Completed at NVC

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 4-13-2009 at 11:57 am

Medical Exam: 5-11-2009

Interview Date :5-20-2009 at 9:am the time in Florida will be 3:00 am

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I agree with LuLu :yes: Push him to go sooner then later!! why wait until the last minute :bonk:

Good Luck Rajaa

Nita :luv:

Push him to do the medical ASAP. Never know what happens. Ours was ready for pickup the next day, but we were not able to pick it up for another week. There was one couple there, they came back a few days after their medical appointment and it still was not ready. And their interview was the next morning. Not sure what happened to them. Another guy, at his first medical they were rushed and didn't fill the forms out correctly. For some reason he was delayed for several months in order to submit his medical forms to the consulate. DON'T LEAVE FOR TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY!!! Trust me on that one and especially when it's in your (or your husbands) hands to get it done now. You have to tell him how important it is to leave nothing out of the equation. One piece of paper could come back to haunt you.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm just waiting too.

Carmen are you going to do the Dish Network thing? If you are, keep your regular service because it is a separate dish just for Arabic channels. And the GPS is a great idea! (coming from someone who got lost twice going to your house)

Yes, but by now, you should know which way Lake Michigan is :devil::lol:

I have Comcast cable, so I will be getting all new service. Can't wait to say bye-bye to Comcast. I hate them!

Rajaa I agree with the others - tell him to get his medical done asap! Dec 10 is less than a month away!!!

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
S and S girl you know i would too...

Tamera, they told me they sent him one too but i hate trusting that to ever show up on time and i do believe this has given me OCD is that possible????

I have no clue how i will be during AP, perhaps i should pick up running again

You can come to my house and eat pizza. That seemed to make you happy!!

At some point you just have to let go, like letting a child fly the nest. And you know those moroccans have no concept of time. He is going to make you nutty when he first gets here. (getting to job interviews on time, mosque on time, you know the drill)

Glad you are so close to the finish line. And do not talk about AP if you are OCD :blink::blink:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Rajaa I'm taking notes :thumbs: to be ready when my time came come

What about police reports and the like? Are those not required for your consulate or your visa type?

Relationship proof?

Surely there is more to take than passport photos and passport!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I went through the same thing.

Now you will have more of a reason to call him 15 times a day to make sure he is doing everything correctly.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
S and S girl you know i would too...

Tamera, they told me they sent him one too but i hate trusting that to ever show up on time and i do believe this has given me OCD is that possible????

I have no clue how i will be during AP, perhaps i should pick up running again

You can come to my house and eat pizza. That seemed to make you happy!!

At some point you just have to let go, like letting a child fly the nest. And you know those moroccans have no concept of time. He is going to make you nutty when he first gets here. (getting to job interviews on time, mosque on time, you know the drill)

Glad you are so close to the finish line. And do not talk about AP if you are OCD :blink::blink:

When a MENA person says "30 minutes" that equates to 300+ minutes in US time. 1 hour = 5 hours, 1 day = 5 days. You get the point dontcha?!?!

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

LOL.. you guys crack me up... Maggie, that's all they ask in MAD but he is getting the book I had bound of our emails and tabbed by month and the other book of reciepts, phone bills, airline tickets etc. Then the 600 photo album. hehehe I already warned him and he is keeping all his reciepts for the cyber cafe and the phone cards.

and yeah soooo alll over that pizza whooooot that was awesome! I still need to pick up the CD you promised me ;)

hehehe sweet peach I've called HIM three times today instead of NVC :P He's waiting for his shot record and his mother is getting it translated to spanish and english just in case.

Star I so badly wanted dish network but my apartment complex doesn't face the right direction.. so yeah had to get comcast so not happy about that :( .

and Lu LU you totally freaking me out but you're right AAAAHHHHHHHH :o

For the record I dont have OCD but sure feels like it when i notice how often i fuss over this case... and now I feel like there's nothing to do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.