PJB

RFE 15 days before interview!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My husband's k3 interview is on Nov 20 and on Nov 5th I received an RFE with the I-130 ID number requesting a divorce document that I forgot to put in the original packet. On Nov 10 I sent back the RFE with a copy of the document (CA service center) and I also sent my husband a copy of the document plus the original by UPS. Has anyone else gotten an RFE right before the interview? Is this going to be a problem in the interview even though my husband will have copies and originals of the missing docs to give the embassy officer?

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
My husband's k3 interview is on Nov 20 and on Nov 5th I received an RFE with the I-130 ID number requesting a divorce document that I forgot to put in the original packet. On Nov 10 I sent back the RFE with a copy of the document (CA service center) and I also sent my husband a copy of the document plus the original by UPS. Has anyone else gotten an RFE right before the interview? Is this going to be a problem in the interview even though my husband will have copies and originals of the missing docs to give the embassy officer?

The RFE is for the I-130. Your interview is in connection with your I-129F. So, there's no connection between the RFE and the interview. What I'd be concerned about is whether the document was also missing from the I-129F package. If so, I'd make sure the spouse has a copy of it to carry to the interview in case it's asked about.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The RFE is for the I-130. Your interview is in connection with your I-129F. So, there's no connection between the RFE and the interview. What I'd be concerned about is whether the document was also missing from the I-129F package. If so, I'd make sure the spouse has a copy of it to carry to the interview in case it's asked about.

Yes, the documents were missing from both packets because I forgot them. I was SOOOOOO careful going over every checklist 100 times that I completely forgot about the existence of these papers. (sigh) But copies and originals are on their way and due to arrive at the Ca Service Center tomorrow and in Moscow on Thursday. I feel like such a dunce for forgetting such obviously necessary papers.... :bonk:

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

just bring the copy and original copy on his interview date goodluck

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: July 16, 2005

I-130 sent: Oct 27, 2007

California Service Center Recieved Oct. 29, 2007

NOA1: Jan 17, 2008

I-130 Approved: April 22, 2008

Received DS-3032/ I-864 Bill: June 3, 2008

AOS bill paid: June 18th 2008

AOS sent : June 30th 2008 Received July 1

AOS cover sheet print out: June 18, 2008

DS230 generated June 22,2008

DS230 PAID June 24, 2004

DS230 received July 3, 2008

NVC Case Completed July 14, 2008

NVC send the Case Complete to USEM Manila: Aug. 5th 2008

USEM recieved complete case from NVC Aug 8th 2008

paid debros aug 22,2008

Medical Sept 9,10 He passed Thank you God. God is always good.

Interview Date: Sept 29, 2008 at USEM Manila 8:30AM APPROVED!!!

Visa In hand: Oct 2, 2008 yahoo

POE Nov 17, 2008.

Green Card and S.S received Nov 28th, 2008

7420.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.