delaney

Notarizing I-134 from foreign country

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello everyone, first I would like to say thank you to everyone who responds to questions here. My fiance and I would never have been able to get as far as we have without these forums.

We live together in Costa Rica and just received notice that our second packet is waiting for pickup at the embassy.

I need to work on the I-134 and have a few questions.

1. Should I find a US lawyer here in Costa Rica to notarize it, or should I notarize it at the embassy somehow?

2. My earnings here in Costa Rica meet the threshold poverty level for the US, as do my earnings last year that were half in the US and half in Costa Rica. I am afraid that the person who is interviewing us will consider my current earnings "invalid" since they not in the US. What do you all think about this? Should I be worried?

3. Do you have any other tips/suggestions on the I-134? I have no assets whatsoever, but work as a teacher and have years of records of solid earnings, from 2000-2003. From 2004-2006 my earnings were lower than poverty level because I was here in Costa Rica working for less. Like I mentioned above, my 2007 and 2008 earnings are above the poverty level. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Delaney

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone, first I would like to say thank you to everyone who responds to questions here. My fiance and I would never have been able to get as far as we have without these forums.

We live together in Costa Rica and just received notice that our second packet is waiting for pickup at the embassy.

1. Should I find a US lawyer here in Costa Rica to notarize it, or should I notarize it at the embassy somehow?

2. My earnings here in Costa Rica meet the threshold poverty level for the US, as do my earnings last year that were half in the US and half in Costa Rica. I am afraid that the person who is interviewing us will consider my current earnings "invalid" since they not in the US. What do you all think about this? Should I be worried?

3. Do you have any other tips/suggestions on the I-134? I have no assets whatsoever, but work as a teacher and have years of records of solid earnings, from 2000-2003. From 2004-2006 my earnings were lower than poverty level because I was here in Costa Rica working for less. Like I mentioned above, my 2007 and 2008 earnings are above the poverty level. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Delaney

You can notarize at any Consulate or Embassy. Your current earnings in Costa Rica can only be considered if they will continue in the USA from the same source. If they won't, you'll need a co-sponsor or a job in the USA.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

U.S. citizen services

The United States government has no higher responsibility than to serve and protect its citizens, including those who reside or are temporarily abroad. To this end, the American Citizen Services Unit in Costa Rica provides prompt, courteous, and efficient services to United States Citizens and other clients, consistent with U.S. laws and regulations.

In order to provide improved service to its customers, the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy will provide notarial services at the times listed below. As of June 1, 2007, notarial and authentication services will be offered on:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday- 1:00PM - 2:30PM

(Note: the Embassy is closed on U.S. and Costa Rican Holidays)

In the case of authentications, documents will be available for pick up the next business day.

http://sanjose.usembassy.gov/conscitizen.html

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks so much!

Delaney

You can notarize at any Consulate or Embassy. Your current earnings in Costa Rica can only be considered if they will continue in the USA from the same source. If they won't, you'll need a co-sponsor or a job in the USA.

Yes, and also US Domicile comes up sometimes, in order to provide an affidavit of support (I-134 or I-864) for an immigrant, US citizen must have NOT given up US domicile while living in foreign country, and may need to show that living in foreign country was "Temporary"

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for your responses...

Silly question, but does the co-sponsor simply fill out the I-134 as well, or is there a different set of forms?

Yes, I-134 and supporting documents, just as the primary sponsor does.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.