dawgofwar71

waiting 3 months after the wedding??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was told by a friend who also married a pinay. that you have to wait 3 months, after the wedding to file for your visa.

is this true? and why?

January 17,2007 was personally introduced to Raquel.

January 20,2007 Raquel an I started chatting online an on the phone.

March 11-27,2008 visited Raquel for the first time.

March 23, 2008 proposed to Raquel, she said OO!!

October 08,2009 sent in I-129f

October 12,2009 received our NOA1

January 12, 2010 received our NOA2

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

January 18,2010 case arrived at NVC

January 22,2010 case assigned MNL # thru letter arrived

April 21,2010 raquel arrived at CVG

May 22,2010 we got married

April 21,2011 we had a baby boy named Aiden

ang aking buhay, aking pag-ibig, ang aking lahat .. mahal na mahal din kita,Raquel at walang ibang! magpakailanman at kawalang-hanggan!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i was told by a friend who also married a pinay. that you have to wait 3 months, after the wedding to file for your visa.

is this true? and why?

she may actually wait longer much than 3 mos. before she applies for her visa... In the meantime, there is no reason for the USC to wait to file the requisite petitions to determine visa eligibility... Do it as soon as all the required evidence is at hand...

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

is this true? and why?

As a K1 related question, your post makes no sense. K1 is a fiance(e) visa so is definitely applied for, issued and used BEFORE any wedding.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

is this true? and why?

As a K1 related question, your post makes no sense. K1 is a fiance(e) visa so is definitely applied for, issued and used BEFORE any wedding.

because , she now wants to get married over in pinas . that's why i replied in the k-3 forum

January 17,2007 was personally introduced to Raquel.

January 20,2007 Raquel an I started chatting online an on the phone.

March 11-27,2008 visited Raquel for the first time.

March 23, 2008 proposed to Raquel, she said OO!!

October 08,2009 sent in I-129f

October 12,2009 received our NOA1

January 12, 2010 received our NOA2

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

January 18,2010 case arrived at NVC

January 22,2010 case assigned MNL # thru letter arrived

April 21,2010 raquel arrived at CVG

May 22,2010 we got married

April 21,2011 we had a baby boy named Aiden

ang aking buhay, aking pag-ibig, ang aking lahat .. mahal na mahal din kita,Raquel at walang ibang! magpakailanman at kawalang-hanggan!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

is this true? and why?

because , she now wants to get married over in pinas . that's why i replied in the k-3 forum

You may file the I-130 as soon as you have all the required documents. Perhaps the marriage certificate takes a while to obtain???

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

????

You can file the I130/I129F petitions for the K3 immediately after you get your documents together. It will likely be much longer than 3 months before the visa application can be done.

i don't get it.

Trisha and I were able to obtain the marriage certificate (non-NSO one) immediately after the wedding. We then filed two days later. That gives us time to get the NSO Cert which is needed for the embassy. We have ordered that on-line through e-census and just got the NSO copy this weekend.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.