trailmix

Secret Santa Canada Forum

337 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok so I thought I would start a new thread for our Canada forum Secret Santa thing.

Thanks for sending all your addresses so quickly! The only address I am missing now is Maeve's - maeve can you please send me a pm with your name and address?

Here is our list of 17 people - for those of you that aren't on the list and would still like to do this, just send me a pm before Friday, we would be happy to have you!

In a few minutes I will post some questions, just answer any you feel like answering - or none if you don't - feel free to throw in any other info you think might help your secret santa!

MissStacey

BH45

Carla

Trailmix

krikit

Laura

LindaB

Canadian_wife

Marilyn

Cassie

MrsCat

xtinab

SapphireDreams

Sprailenes

Kathryn41

Emancipation

Maeve

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Ok, so here are the questions as mentioned earlier and thanks Cassie for the suggestions! If these questions bore you, just tell us a bit about your likes and dislikes :)

Do you collect anything?

What are your favorite treats?

Favorite color?

What Christmas colors do you use?

What is your absolute favorite thing to shop for? (like: linens, stationery, games, clothing, food, vases )

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ill go first!!!

The only thing I collect really might be places to go for Karaoke...on any given night, I can think of about 3 different places when Im in TO...man I love it! But thats not really helpful....lately Ive been collecting different flavours of Tea... my BF thinks im crazy but I like to have a selection!

My favourite treats are Pistachios...man, I love those!

Favourite colour, this is good..I went through a serious red phase...Bright red all the way...but now Ive moved on to a very light yet bright ..........Green!! Heehee! Almost like a Lime green tho, Im NOT a walking Christmas tree!

When it comes to Christmas colours, Im a traditional girl...Red Green and Gold all the way. Nothing beats the smell of a real Pine tree also.

What I love to shop for.....but can never decide on something I can really work with...knick knacks, candle holders etc...theres soo much to choose from, I can never decide on what will really work...even with all the HGTV I watch...I dont know what it is. I just suck at it :crying:

If I think of anything else, Ill definitely post and add more. Yay! Im excited :)

Edited by xtinab

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

I don't have any real collections but I do like angels. My daugther gave me a snowman angel, angels nested in cotton fluff, and I have an angel windchime.

Favorite treats would have to be Dove's Chocolate (milk or carmel).

Favorite color - I have 3 of them. Red, royal blue and purple.

Traditional Christmas colors for me tooo. One year, my daughter and I did our tree all in gold.

I enjoying browsing in the stationery places of stores. I like to create things on the computer using nice paper for printing. I once made a wedding invitation for a family member who got married without sending any. So I made them 9 or 10 to give to the immediate family as keepsakes.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you collect anything?

Favorite color?

What is your absolute favorite thing to shop for? (like: linens, stationery, games, clothing, food, vases )

collection.. not really.. other than art..

Fav. treats.. mmmm allsorts, toffee crisps, toffee crisps & cottage cheese (i'm a kook)

Fav. Color.. I don't really have one.. like saturated color though, no pastel

Christmas colors.. golds mostly

fav. thing to shop for.. bargains.. :) tee hee.. I am a sucker for organizational stuff

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i love Christmas ornaments...

as for treats i like any kind of gummy candy, like gummi bears etc...

my favourite Christmas colours are blue and silver...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I don't collect anything (I am the anti-clutter!)

I like lots of stuff, milk chocolate cadburys in particular :)

My favorite colour or non-colour is white, for Christmas I never use traditional, I have nothing in say green and red, however I do use white and gold on our Christmas tree (actually the xmas tree is the only decoration I use :lol: ).

One of my very favourite things to shop for are linens.

Timeline
Ok, so here are the questions as mentioned earlier and thanks Cassie for the suggestions! If these questions bore you, just tell us a bit about your likes and dislikes :)

Do you collect anything?

Favorite color?

I collect a lot of things, mostly unintentional! Cats - and anything cat related is always fine; books - my husband and I joke that we decorate with books; craft and art supplies -never know when they are needed!

Favourite colours are greens and yellows - all shades

I use traditional Christmas colours but with natural greenery, so red bows and old-fashioned style of ornaments. We don't decorate inside though, because of the cats, so all of the decorating is to the outside of the house.

I love shopping in antique stores, bookstores, second hand stores, craft stores - I enjoy the unusual, something that you don't see everyday.

Hmm, just realized, it sounds like I'm tough to buy for, but really, I'm not. Honest. I like so many things it is hard to pin it down.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is really helpful!

Do you collect anything?

- Beads, I'm a big fan of interesting beads and jewelry.

I love gummy candy and interesting chocolate - I'm not picky!

Favorite color?

Purple

I plan to use Rainbow lights with a mish-max of ornaments :)

What is your absolute favorite thing to shop for? (like: linens, stationery, games, clothing, food, vase

Definitely, beads and interesting costume jewelry. I also really like shopping for interesting note cards and thank you cards or notebooks (i use a lot of notebooks for work, so they are put to good use!)

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Do you collect anything? christmas ornaments that have the name of a place on them and shot glasses from Hard Rock Cafe with the name on them, I've been told I collect cats a la crazy cat lady

What are your favorite treats? anything with coconut, chocolate anything

Favorite color? green

What Christmas colors do you use? blue, white, silver

What is your absolute favorite thing to shop for? stationary, note paper, cat toys

Timeline

Do you collect anything?

Favorite color?

I collect snowmen

My favourite treats are white chocolate (or any chocolate at all actually....lol) and "jelly belly" jelly beans

My favourite colour is purple

We use all different Christmas colours

I enjoy bubble baths

(I have allergies so can not use any thing too perfumey)

p.s. I hate any thing with coffee in it (....I know I am a rarity....lol)

Timeline

Do you collect anything?

Favorite color?

I collect snowmen

My favourite treats are white chocolate (or any chocolate at all actually....lol) and "jelly belly" jelly beans

I enjoy bubble baths

Don't know why my last response went in like there, thought I better do it again....

I collect snowmen

I enjoy bubble baths

Timeline

Do you collect anything?

Not particularly...Although I looove books. And Catholic kitsch :) Also anything creepy, spooky, and otherwise Goth-ish.

Just about anything with chocolate and/or peanut butter. But no nuts or fruit.

Favorite color?

Black, red, and silver

Depends...If I stick with red and green, I'll go for the darker shades, usually. Lately I've been a bit non-traditional, with colors like blue and silver, or even putting up a black tree :)

Probably books :) That and art/craft supplies. I totally love scrapbooking and painting

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Do you collect anything?

Anything coffee related, garden metalwork, and books.

100% Arabica bean coffee.

Favorite color?

Red

Very traditional, green and red.

What is your absolute favorite thing to shop for? (like: linens, stationery, games, clothing, food, vases)

Books and unique curios.

carlahmsb4.gif

Do you collect anything?

I love fairies and anything with cats!!!

hmm....fuzzy peaches!

Favorite color?

Any shade of purple!

Greens, silvers and reds

Make up!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.