CJ Vasani

VSC Approvals / Touches - Week of Nov 10

63 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
we're in the "que" guys!!!!! the congressman responded after I wrote AGAIN, after talking to uscis and pushed for the update review thingy lol

Its coming, and i almost cried when i got the letter today. pittiful eh? heh

Lisa

it's pretty sad....no approvals at all this week!

There was an approval this week at VSC check out my Dust Collectors thread. I always told you to watch it but you never acknowledged my existance for some reason. :unsure:

Mahitab

You are hereby acknowledged Mahitab! I always acknowledge ya ;)

This is good news. I was told I was in the queue by my congressman and 11 days later, I received my approval! Hang in there!!

Thanks! I was thinking that I read that posted somewhere saying that... thank you for sharing :D

Im soo excited really

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

This was happening to people a while back.. USCIS was randomly "administratively closing" K3's.

Have you tried calling to inquire as to whats going on?

Lisa

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Lisa, hey, this is Chris (aka cjgator). Your last response was very interesting to me. I'm not familiar with this 'administrative closing' action. Can you explain a little about what that is? Thanks.

This was happening to people a while back.. USCIS was randomly "administratively closing" K3's.

Have you tried calling to inquire as to whats going on?

Lisa

Timeline

Chris,

When I first popped on Vj last year I started seeing people post that their 130 was approved and their 129 "closed". There was a rumor that the k3 was not an option any longer.

After we submitted ours and I started to worry about it, I did some research and I found some information. The ombudsman had a teleconfrence and asked USCIS to answer about the K3 "rumor"

I checked the ombudsman site every week unti they posted the answers from USCIS. heh heh ....me? obsessive? no!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=135678&hl=

I havent seen anyone posting about it anymore lately, but you never know. Some people were experienceing it and others had both petitions approved. Go figure.. USCIS and inconsistencies. ha!

LIsa

Edited by Y_habibitk

Thanks!

My husband called NVC and talked to an officer and she said that both petitions are there and that I-129F will be sent to the embassy.Is there any other way to find out if I-129F has been sent to the embassy except for talking to an officer directly?When he typed the application number the message said that they have no record of that application but the officer said opposite.I'm so happy that my petitions were approved that I cannot think clearly! I'm so excited! YAY!!! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
My husband called NVC and talked to an officer and she said that both petitions are there and that I-129F will be sent to the embassy.Is there any other way to find out if I-129F has been sent to the embassy except for talking to an officer directly?When he typed the application number the message said that they have no record of that application but the officer said opposite.I'm so happy that my petitions were approved that I cannot think clearly! I'm so excited! YAY!!! :dance:

Hey!! Congratulations! So glad to see your approval!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi Lisa.. Has your case been given to an adjudicator or is it in the 'adjudications queue'? I have been in that queue for almost 3 weeks now according to my congressional rep. Just curious.

LeeL

we're in the "que" guys!!!!! the congressman responded after I wrote AGAIN, after talking to uscis and pushed for the update review thingy lol

Lisa

There was an approval this week at VSC check out my Dust Collectors thread. I always told you to watch it but you never acknowledged my existance for some reason. :unsure:

Mahitab

This is good news. I was told I was in the queue by my congressman and 11 days later, I received my approval! Hang in there!!

Thanks! I was thinking that I read that posted somewhere saying that... thank you for sharing :D

Im soo excited really

Lisa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

A lot of the VJ'er in this discussion talk about being in the "queue", or "in the hands of an adjudicator. Was going through your Congressman the only way to find this information?

Lee L, you have an almost identical timeline to mine. I am wondering whether or not I'm in the "queue" as well.

I called USCIS last Thursday. All they told me is that they're processing I-129F as of March 4, 2008 and I-130 as of February 26, 2008 and nothing else. All my lawyer did is call the USCIS to get the same answer.

What should I do to find out whether I'm in the queue or not? I am open to any ideas

CR-1

I-130 NOA 1- 3/20/08

I-I30 touched- 3/26/08

I-130 APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

Generate DS-3032- NA

Generate AOS Bill- 12/18/08

E-mail DS-3032- NA

Mail Hard Copy DS-3032- NA

NVC Accept DS-3032- NA

AOS Bill Marked 'Paid'- 12/31/08

Generate IV Bill- 12/18/08

IV Bill Marked "Paid"- 12/31/08

Send AOS Package- 12/31/08

Send IV Pacakge- 12/31/08

NVC Receive AOS Package- 1/2/09

NVC Receive IV Package- 1/2/09

NVC Case Complete- 1/22/09

Wife Completes Medical- 2/7/09

NVC Schedules CR-1 Case- 2/10/09

Wife Submits documents for K-3 Interview- 2/12/09

NVC Sends Case to Mumbai Consulate- 2/18/09

Case arrives in Mumbai- 2/23/09

Consulate confirms willingness to issue CR-1 on K-3 interview date- 2/23/09

Original K-3 interview, but APPROVED for CR-1 as file arrived in time!!- 2/26/09

Original CR-1 Interview, assumed to be cancelled as not necessary- 3/5/09

POE- New York- 3/7/09

K-3

I-129F NOA 1- 4/11/08

I-129F touched- 5/14/08

I-129F APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

I-129F Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

NVC Send Case to Mumbai Consulate- 12/17/08

Consulate Receives Case- 12/20/08

Consulate Send Packet 3- 12/22/08

Wife Send Packet 3 to Consulate- 12/25/08

Consulate Receive Packet 3- 1/2/09

Consulate Schedules Interview, sends Packet 4- 1/2/09

Wife Receives Packet 4, K-3 Leg Complete- 1/13/09

My husband got the letter from senator saying that our applications are in the adjudication process and one week later we were approved! And today we received NOA2-s for both applications in the mail.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

After the 6 month time frame, I went to the congressman's office on Wednesday, November 12th, and he called the uscis while i was in his office. called the special congressional hotline I guess.

They told him that on October 27th, our visa stuff was "sent to the processing unit". Whats that?

1 shelf to another?..hmmmmmm

I then called uscis 800 number. Spoke to a nice lady who helped but her computer program wouldnt allow her to enter it for follow up being out of the time frame. SHe sent me to her supervisor who was supposed t be able to override this system. Then, he couldnt do it either as he said they were upgrading their software and he couldnt access the program and to all back Monday...okkaaayyyyyy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
After the 6 month time frame, I went to the congressman's office on Wednesday, November 12th, and he called the uscis while i was in his office. called the special congressional hotline I guess.

They told him that on October 27th, our visa stuff was "sent to the processing unit". Whats that?

I then called uscis 800 number. Spoke to a nice lady who helped but her computer program wouldnt allow her to enter it for follow up being out of the time frame. SHe sent me to her supervisor who was supposed t be able to override this system. Then, he couldnt do it either as he said they were upgrading their software and he couldnt access the program and to all back Monday...okkaaayyyyyy?

Interesting to read about the "special congressional hotline"! I hope you guys get the good news soon!

Timeline
Hi Lisa.. Has your case been given to an adjudicator or is it in the 'adjudications queue'? I have been in that queue for almost 3 weeks now according to my congressional rep. Just curious.

LeeL

Lisa

Mahitab

Im soo excited really

Lisa

Its in the que. Someone posted that they were "in the que" and 11 days later they were approved, so I guess it depends. The letter said "30 days barring any unforseen issues" but its been in the que for a couple weeks now.

Good luck to you!

Lisa

Thanks!

Timeline

Interesting to read about the "special congressional hotline"! I hope you guys get the good news soon!

Ya, my letter said they spoke to a "congressional liason". I guess thats who answers the hotline heh

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.