EMO_NATION

"ever applied a visa to enter the United States"

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone...

"EVER APPLIED FOR A VISA TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES?" This is one of the questions ask in the questionnaire in filing the K1..Do i need to say YES since there was a prior K1 application for me before but due to some reasons things did not work out that lead to cancellation. I'm a little confuse with that question since i dont know if i will put YES or NO because im in the process of filing again the K1 with a new man.. Please help me with the above matter..thanks a lot ..

Timeline
Hi everyone...

"EVER APPLIED FOR A VISA TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES?" This is one of the questions ask in the questionnaire in filing the K1..Do i need to say YES since there was a prior K1 application for me before but due to some reasons things did not work out that lead to cancellation. I'm a little confuse with that question since i dont know if i will put YES or NO because im in the process of filing again the K1 with a new man.. Please help me with the above matter..thanks a lot ..

it will come up in their database. but however you put it, its best to just be honest and tell them. good luck!

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Timeline
Hi everyone...

So its better if i will say YES Pretty flower? thanks a lot...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone...

It's better if you tell the truth. However, having a petition filed in your behalf is not the same thing as "applied for a visa". For the readers, this is why you see me reminding people so often that "filing a petition" is not "applying for a visa".

To the OP, if your case got to the Consulate stage and you personally filled out and delivered a "visa application" to a US Consulate abroad, then the answer is yes. If the case was ceased prior to any "visa application" the answer is "no".

The petitioner may want to address the prior petition and its status in their cover letter.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi everyone...

It's better if you tell the truth. However, having a petition filed in your behalf is not the same thing as "applied for a visa". For the readers, this is why you see me reminding people so often that "filing a petition" is not "applying for a visa".

To the OP, if your case got to the Consulate stage and you personally filled out and delivered a "visa application" to a US Consulate abroad, then the answer is yes. If the case was ceased prior to any "visa application" the answer is "no".

The petitioner may want to address the prior petition and its status in their cover letter.

thanks you so much pushbrk...

Timeline
I would like to add, how much is the application fee now of K1, if beneficiary is from the Phils? thanks a lot..

The petition filing fee is $455. The visa application fee that will be paid according to the US Embassy in Manila's instructions will be the local equivalent of $131. Please understand the difference between filing a petition and applying for a visa. They are not the same thing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone...

"EVER APPLIED FOR A VISA TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES?" ..thanks a lot ..

Pushbrk brings up a good point. Have your fiance address the previous case when submitting the original petition. If USCIS approves your petition knowing this information, I don't think the consulate can later deny it. (not an atty, just what I have read around vj). Being from a high fraud consulate, many of us have addressed our 'red flags' in the original petition and not had problems, whereas others did not do this and had problems.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
It's better to tell the truth. They have all the details in the computer all your papers processed in the past. Goodluck

As I've noted, it is not yet clear whether the OP ever applied for a visa. All we know is a petition was filed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

thank you so much for all your replies..the ex fiance previous application was officially cancelled.. So let me clear pls, i will admit it to the Consul later on if the previous petition will be mentioned..but if my current fiancee will file me a K1 do need to write YES OR NO?(with the question- EVER APPLIED FOR A VISA TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES)? sorry im just a little confuse to what will i write..thanks for your direct answer...god bless

Timeline
thank you so much for all your replies..the ex fiance previous application was officially cancelled.. So let me clear pls, i will admit it to the Consul later on if the previous petition will be mentioned..but if my current fiancee will file me a K1 do need to write YES OR NO?(with the question- EVER APPLIED FOR A VISA TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES)? sorry im just a little confuse to what will i write..thanks for your direct answer...god bless

Petition and application are not the same thing. Please pay attention and stop using the terms as if they are the same.

Did you personally deliver or mail a visa application to a US Consulate or Embassy abroad?

A G325a mailed to your fiance to include in a petition filing is not a visa application. Please pay careful attention to the question. If you were never invited by a Consulate or Embassy to actually apply for a visa, then your answer is no. Even so, you current fiance should probably mention the earlier petition.

I've explained this now three times. Until you pay attention and answer the precise question I'm asking you, we will all be confused about whether you ever applied for a visa. I'm not going to ask again.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Petition and application are not the same thing. Please pay attention and stop using the terms as if they are the same.

Did you personally deliver or mail a visa application to a US Consulate or Embassy abroad?

A G325a mailed to your fiance to include in a petition filing is not a visa application. Please pay careful attention to the question. If you were never invited by a Consulate or Embassy to actually apply for a visa, then your answer is no. Even so, you current fiance should probably mention the earlier petition.

I've explained this now three times. Until you pay attention and answer the precise question I'm asking you, we will all be confused about whether you ever applied for a visa. I'm not going to ask again.

ooop s sorry.. i myself made it complicated..Thank you pushbrk..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.