njaxfl

Ds230

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im posting this one more time....im already here in the US under K3 and k4.Do we need that DS230?my husband paid $70 each for me and my 2kids and another 400. when NVC sent him the billings just before we came here in the US.When we called NVC,over a week ago about ds230 they said we dont have to do it instead do the AOS which we know.Whats the $70 and the $400 for?we're totally lost now.

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Im posting this one more time....im already here in the US under K3 and k4.Do we need that DS230?my husband paid $70 each for me and my 2kids and another 400. when NVC sent him the billings just before we came here in the US.When we called NVC,over a week ago about ds230 they said we dont have to do it instead do the AOS which we know.Whats the $70 and the $400 for?we're totally lost now.

Unless you want to return to your home country for a CR1 and CR2 visa, you don't need to send any more money to NVC. It will just go down the drain with any you already sent. Now is the time to file to adjust status.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Your timeline is not fully updated, difficult to tell your case.

also you can put info in your signature to orient people on your case

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Timeline
Your timeline is not fully updated, difficult to tell your case.

also you can put info in your signature to orient people on your case

Am having a hard time putting on my timeline.But yeah,i would try doing it again.

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Filed: Timeline

hi! i think we have the same problem. when we got the letter from the NVC stating to pay the IV fee of 400 USD, i was busy with getting ready for my medical and interview and my husband since he works as an airman in the US airforce was getting ready for his deployment and when he got the letter stating for him to pay the bill, i didn't have the time to review everything and if we have to in fact pay the fee. my husband had a couple more days left to deal with my immigration stuff so he paid the amount before leaving american soil because he won't be able to do any of this once he is in the middle east. and i told him i'll just look into it after i'm done with my medical and interview. so now i'm back from my approved K3 interview and started doing my research on what the $400 was for? and i got around your post and replies saying it's all going to be a waste. well, he's going to be ballistic! maybe we can do somethign about it? ask for a refund? i havent sent the Ds-230 since i was putting that off because of my interview and medical recently.

Timeline
hi! i think we have the same problem. when we got the letter from the NVC stating to pay the IV fee of 400 USD, i was busy with getting ready for my medical and interview and my husband since he works as an airman in the US airforce was getting ready for his deployment and when he got the letter stating for him to pay the bill, i didn't have the time to review everything and if we have to in fact pay the fee. my husband had a couple more days left to deal with my immigration stuff so he paid the amount before leaving american soil because he won't be able to do any of this once he is in the middle east. and i told him i'll just look into it after i'm done with my medical and interview. so now i'm back from my approved K3 interview and started doing my research on what the $400 was for? and i got around your post and replies saying it's all going to be a waste. well, he's going to be ballistic! maybe we can do somethign about it? ask for a refund? i havent sent the Ds-230 since i was putting that off because of my interview and medical recently.

There will be no refund. The $400 was an application fee for a CR1 visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

i'll write to NVC and find out since we won't be pursuing the CR1. thanks!

Timeline

Suit yourself. It's only a piece of paper some ink, an envelope, 37 cents and a few minutes of time. Of course, if this is what you're going to do every time you get an answer you don't like, why bother to ask here to begin with?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Hi diannestark--- I've been pretty quite about this DS230 post lately coz that just doesn't make me feel good.We've planned on calling NVC at least to ask what happened to the $400 since we didn't pursue the CR1,yes we wont coz am aready in the US!!!!.Like i said on one of my replies,i just hope the gov would do a better job than what they do now.What happened is,they write you a letter asking you to pay this and that or else they wont process our documents or will cause delay.Funny isn't it?And because we dnt want any hassle we pay it in a heartbeat,that's how we trusted this $$ gov.And oh yeah,your husband will be VER VERY happy :wacko: knowing he lost his $ just like that,he's working his b--off to serve the country and this is what he'll get....Sorry diannne but i dont see any refund-but if yess,then that'll be a 3 cartfull of groceries!!! LOL

Edited by wemissedbigdaddy

Timeline

Suit yourself. It's only a piece of paper some ink, an envelope, 37 cents and a few minutes of time. Of course, if this is what you're going to do every time you get an answer you don't like, why bother to ask here to begin with?

Oh,We didn't apply the CR1 Pushbrk,we didn't submit any application to NVC(ds230)they jsut made us pay the $70 and the $400 after our K3 and k4 petition approval,And after that they sent my husband a letter saying,we need to submit the DS230 Form-and they sent that 1 month AFTER i had my K3 interview in Manila.

Edited by wemissedbigdaddy

Timeline

Oh,We didn't apply the CR1 Pushbrk,we didn't submit any application to NVC(ds230)they jsut made us pay the $70 and the $400 after our K3 and k4 petition approval,And after that they sent my husband a letter saying,we need to submit the DS230 Form-and they sent that 1 month AFTER i had my K3 interview in Manila.

The $400 is still an application fee for a CR1 visa. The fact that you never submitted the DS230 is not likely to be grounds for a refund but you can try.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.