johneve671

Need Advice please!! Pay online or via mail

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hello all. Good afternoon. Sorry this is so long. I am trying to decide on whether to pay AOS and IV fees online or via regular mail. Unfortunately, I had already hired a lawyer before I found this site, so I’m stuck with him. Based on this website, and following the NVC shortcut steps, I found out that my AOS and IV fee bills were generated and mailed to my lawyer on Wednesday, Nov 05, 2008. I managed to get my NVC# and my IIN on Thursday (Nov 6) evening. I spoke to my lawyer and informed him I wanted to pay the fees online instead of my mail. He seemed agitated that I would ‘go over his head’ and speak to NVC and propose an online payment option. He mentioned that he has a policy of using money orders/cashiers check for payment to maintain a paper trail and proof of payment both of which he recommends having at the interview. Per the NVC it would take 2-4 AFTER receiving payment by mail for me to receive payment receipt and next packet. If payment is online, it would take 3-5 business days for the same. He mentioned that if I choose to pay online, he could not guarantee he could fix any mistakes made by following such a path. Does anyone have any recent experience on how long it takes to receive payment receipt and packet from NVC if paid by mail? If I choose to pay online, I was told by NVC to pay the $70 first, log out of the website, log back in and then pay the $400 fee. Is that correct? I am having a hard time understanding why I would not choose to pay online. Help please?

AOS/IV fees bill generated and mailed to lawyer, 11/5/2008

We paid online and it worked perfectly for us.

You have the option of priniting a receipt from the website if you later need proof of payment at the interview stage - although as you won't get to the interview stage without payment at the NVC I don't know why you would need the the proof.

Once paid it takes a couple of days at most to go to the PAID status on the website - once that has happened you can print your cover letter from the website - then print out your forms from the NVC website and send in yourself by post. You have no need at all to wait for packages to come through the mail.

We did the whole NVC process without waiting for anything through the post.

It's up to you whether you want to continue at this stage via the website yourself or whether you want to do things as your lawyer directs. It has been quicker for many people not to wait for the packages through the post.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
We paid online and it worked perfectly for us.

You have the option of priniting a receipt from the website if you later need proof of payment at the interview stage - although as you won't get to the interview stage without payment at the NVC I don't know why you would need the the proof.

Once paid it takes a couple of days at most to go to the PAID status on the website - once that has happened you can print your cover letter from the website - then print out your forms from the NVC website and send in yourself by post. You have no need at all to wait for packages to come through the mail.

We did the whole NVC process without waiting for anything through the post.

It's up to you whether you want to continue at this stage via the website yourself or whether you want to do things as your lawyer directs. It has been quicker for many people not to wait for the packages through the post.

Are you the one who will complete the AOS package and DS230 forms and submit them directly to the NVC or are you relying on him to type the forms forms for you? because if you pay online, you will be able to print the barcode sheet and send the required forms and supporting documents to the NVC. Using an intermediary will only slow the process. Good luck :thumbs:

• I-130 SENT 2-19
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-03
  • I-129F SENT 3-14
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-21
  • NOA2 RECEIVED 10-11
  • NVC CASE COMPLETE 11-21

7927.gif

Timeline

i pd late one nite online and it was approved by the next morning...it is very fast and easy. I only pd one at a time but just a few days apart, then print the receipt and cover page and your set..if i can manage anyone can :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

thanks to all for all your replies. i am convinced that paying online is the way to go.

bleeker: the lawyer is the one who will fill out the ds-230. in fact, it is filled out but there are a few errors. he sent it to me as a .pdf file to email to my wife and have her sign it, but i am unable to fill out the form, save the info and email it to her. maybe she has a program that allows you save the completed form in .pdf format.

i see a few people mention that they paid online with no issues. that's great! i was told by NVC to pay AOS first. can i pay the AOS and the IV fees on the same day? (before the AOS shows as PAID) or should i wait a few days until the AOS shows as PAID before paying the IV fee?

Timeline
thanks to all for all your replies. i am convinced that paying online is the way to go.

bleeker: the lawyer is the one who will fill out the ds-230. in fact, it is filled out but there are a few errors. he sent it to me as a .pdf file to email to my wife and have her sign it, but i am unable to fill out the form, save the info and email it to her. maybe she has a program that allows you save the completed form in .pdf format.

i see a few people mention that they paid online with no issues. that's great! i was told by NVC to pay AOS first. can i pay the AOS and the IV fees on the same day? (before the AOS shows as PAID) or should i wait a few days until the AOS shows as PAID before paying the IV fee?

1> you cannot save information typed into the DS230 form. your wife has to fill it out and print it (Same thing for DS3032 Choice of Agent). Go over all the information to be filled on the ds230 with your spouse, after that she can fill it out and print it to avoid any typos.

2>if the system allows you to pay, that means it's possible to do it. Each fee paid will allow you to print a barcode sheet that must accompany the package you will send.

In my case i paid the AOS first. I could not put a checkmark next to the IV bill section. so i wasn't allowed to pay it, i think because my Choice of agent wasn't accepted yet. In my case, I paid the AOS, sent the package. few days later I paid the IV bill and sent the corresponding package.

To be sure if you can send the whole package together (AOS and DS230), I would double check with the NVC. I am sure a lot of people here have sent the two packages together. :thumbs:

• I-130 SENT 2-19
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-03
  • I-129F SENT 3-14
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-21
  • NOA2 RECEIVED 10-11

7927.gif

my husband also used a lawyer , but we still paid online and it really speed things up.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Timeline

thanks again for the response.

bleeker & sasha414:

in my case if i go online i have both the AOS and IV ready for payment at the same time. so they were generated at the same time. the NVC said that the 3032 was not required because my lawyer is listed as the agent. as far as payment, i suppose i can pay the AOS fee today/tomorrow although i dont think anything will be processed until monday, speak with NVC monday morning, and ask if i can then submit payment for IV fee. i was just hoping that i could submit payment for both on the same day since they are both showing ready for payment online.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

thanks everyone for the response. i did finally pay via online option. lawyer wasn't happy, but oh well. unfortunately, it took 4 weeks to receive the signed ds-230 from my wife. package is being sent to the NVC today. now it's wait time for the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
thanks everyone for the response. i did finally pay via online option. lawyer wasn't happy, but oh well. unfortunately, it took 4 weeks to receive the signed ds-230 from my wife. package is being sent to the NVC today. now it's wait time for the interview.

Good Luck.

I am in the same situation like you.

Could you tell me weather your wife had to send email to NVC for choice of Agent.

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

Timeline

Check with NVC by this coming Thursday to know if there is any RFE so u can respond to it quickly, if everything is ok your case will be complete and hopefully you will get your interview scheduled before the 15th of December. Best of luck :thumbs:

• I-130 SENT 2-19
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-03
  • I-129F SENT 3-14
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-21
  • NOA2 RECEIVED 10-11

7927.gif

Timeline

Good Luck.

I am in the same situation like you.

Could you tell me weather your wife had to send email to NVC for choice of Agent.

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Do both email and mail. the mail might be quicker if you have the signed Choice of agent form. I did both, I sent email before mail, and I felt the mail was processed before email. Good luck :thumbs:

• I-130 SENT 2-19
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-03
  • I-129F SENT 3-14
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-21
  • NOA2 RECEIVED 10-11

7927.gif

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
1> you cannot save information typed into the DS230 form. your wife has to fill it out and print it (Same thing for DS3032 Choice of Agent). Go over all the information to be filled on the ds230 with your spouse, after that she can fill it out and print it to avoid any typos.

If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat, or if the DS230 form being filled out is designed to save, then you CAN save the information in the file,

send it to your spouse, and then have them print and sign it (it saves the time it would take for you to mail a completed form to them and/or have them send in a form with errors that you might have caught).

bleecker,

I know you're eager to help, but please be careful that your information is as accurate as possible. These are peoples lives and happiness.

The last thing we want to do is slow down someone's process with incorrect information.

Some of the wise old folks on this site have slapped my hand a few times. There's no room for error in family based immigration.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.