shiri

PCC from RCMP

29 posts in this topic

I had mine done by the Saskatoon City Police...it doesn't and in some areas is NOT done by the RCMP, so it doesn't have to say that on it at all. Some official city seal or province seal is enough. I would suggest though that it at least has to say that it was either CPIC or "Canada Wide" on it. Mine wasn't a form at all, just a letter addressed to me from the police, with their logo on the sheet. Every province and city can be different.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I had a letter as well with the CPIC thing. I remember I got it literally a few days before my interview. :lol:

I am a procrastinator. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had mine done by the Saskatoon City Police...it doesn't and in some areas is NOT done by the RCMP, so it doesn't have to say that on it at all. Some official city seal or province seal is enough. I would suggest though that it at least has to say that it was either CPIC or "Canada Wide" on it. Mine wasn't a form at all, just a letter addressed to me from the police, with their logo on the sheet. Every province and city can be different.

What his says in French is that they did a search of his name and date of birth and he does not posess a judical record in Canada. I started to worry for a moment about translating his birth certificate, but since it was done in Canada and the interview is in Montreal ...the NVC told me it didn't need translated.

Edited by shiri

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Timeline

Weird! The staff is manned by USA foreign service--Not Canadians, so more than likely dont speak french,lol.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Weird! The staff is manned by USA foreign service--Not Canadians, so more than likely dont speak french,lol.

That is interesting. I don't understand all the ins and outs, but that is what I was told and when I called the NVC they told me that all I needed was the Police Certificate. I told my husband that it didn't have the RCMP seal on it and it had to and told him which office to go to. He was a little bit frusterated because when he went into the office they said he was at the right place for what he was doing. When I talked to the NVC (before I posted this thread) they gave me a number to talk to someone and by phone, and they told me it was the right thing. I still questioned a little bit, so I posted this here and am glad to have feedback from those of you who have gotten the PCC approved for NVC and interview. I am just bummed because I really wanted to be with my husband over the holidays. We live 2000 miles apart and I ... :( ... I am just a little sad that we were given wrong information. I just had a baby in August and he was able to stay for 6 weeks... but I am alone again. We were apart from the end of March until a week before the baby came (August 10) and then he had to go back Sept 21 and I won't see him again until the interview and the phone is nice, but I really miss him. :crying: It will be over eventually, but I am tired of waiting. :unsure:

Edited by shiri

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline

I honestly have no clue if the french police cert is fine or it isn't fine!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I honestly have no clue if the french police cert is fine or it isn't fine!

Thank you. I asked my husband to go and get one with the RCMP seal... if we get a case complete before they receive the one with the correct seal, we will know it is fine and... if not... but I do know that on the NVC website it does say it has to be gotten from the RCMP. Richard thought he was getting it from there, but I was questioning it because of the seal (or crest on it)... *sigh*

I do appreciate your imput. so thanks again..

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline

I got mine from the RCMP in Greenwood NS. it had no seal and looked like a 5 yr old kid drew it up, but it worked! My only concern of ur current police check is that it is n french!

Timeline

Here is a copy of our PCC that does have the crest on it.

pcc004to6.jpg

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline

I received mine at the local RCMP head office in Calgary. It only took about 5 mins to get it and didn't cost me a thing. It has an official seal that they pressed into the paper. I believe for your support documents it must be RCMP report and not a local city report. All cities in Canada will have a local RCMP detachment and most towns will have a county RCMP detachment assigned to them, you should check on the RCMP site to see where you need to go get yours. Having it in English is preferred or you can pay to have it translated somewhere and notarized.

History

12/2000 Met Online

02/14/2001 Started dating

04/20/2001 Met in person

03/2002 Moved in together in the US

2002 - 2007 working in US on TN-1 Visa

05/2005 Registered as Common-law

06/2005 Proposed and Engaged

08/30/2007 - Married

I-130 (156 Days)

02/20/2008 I-130 Filed

03/10/2008 NOA1 - CSC confirmation sent

03/12/2008 date on online tracking - Touched

08/11/2008 - NOA2 - I-130 APPROVED!!! USCIS page updated. (156 Days)

NVC

08/14/2008 - NVC received my application and has assigned me a case number. Waiting for Beneficiary letter.

08/15/2008 - e-mailed the NVC for choice of Agent DS-3032, not sure if I was suppose to do this before actually getting paperwork sent to me.

08/25/2008 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

08/30/2008 - Letter Recieved

09/02/2008 - AOS Fee Bill Paid and DS-3032 Choice of Agent e-mail sent

09/03/2008 - AOS Fee Bill Recorded as Paid

09/10/2008 - NVC sends DS-3203 Receipt Confirmation

09/10/2008 - IV Fee Bill Available and Paid

09/11/2008 - IV Fee Bill Processed - PAID, Coversheet Generated

09/11/2008 - Following directions on James' Shortcuts for creating DS-230 Package

09/18/2008 - Sent in I-864 and DS-230 (FedEx Overnight)

09/29/2008 - NVC Case Completed!

09/??/???? - Packet never received (sent in with James' Shortcuts as soon as bill was paid)

12/03/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!

12/04/2008 - Visa Received

Timeline
I believe for your support documents it must be RCMP report and not a local city report.

Having it in English is preferred or you can pay to have it translated somewhere and notarized.

The RCMP or your Police detachment can produce the document - it does not matter which, as long as it is a Canada wide name search - as Carla mentioned above.

Also, are we sure that the preferred language is English, do we have a source for that information at all? (I mean this in a 'let's help each other out way' - not trying to diss your info Jedinite :thumbs: )

POLICE CERTIFICATES.

The certificate issued for your present place of residence must have been issued within the 12 months preceding the date of your final visa appointment in Montreal. The following information applies to specific jurisdictions:

Canada: Contact your local police service or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) regarding criminal record check procedures. Certificates may issued by any Canadian police force so long as they note that CPIC or the national criminal records repository was searched using your name and date of birth. Please ensure that the search includes all names that you have previously used, including maiden names or names prior to naturalization. (Note: Because records checks based on name and date of birth only are sometimes less thorough that those based on fingerprints, the Consulate reserves the right to request that certain applicants obtain fingerprint-based searches from the RCMP.)

If you have a record of conviction in Canada, please contact the RCMP in order to have a full set of fingerprints taken. See http://www.rcmp.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain. (Note: If a name- and date of birth-based search by a police agency reveals a conviction record, that agency may be unwilling to issue a certificate without taking a full set of your fingerprints and sending them to the RCMP for positive identification.)

If not residing in Canada, you must send a duplicate set of fingerprints (taken by a local police force) to the RCMP. See http://www.rcmp.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain.

United States: Do not obtain police certificates from places in the United States unless you have an arrest record there. If you do, a certified copy of the court record indicating the disposition of the proceedings will expedite processing of your immigrant visa application.

Other countries: Procedures vary from country to country. Please consult the appropriate Embassy or Consulate for information. You may also consult the Visa Reciprocity and Country Documents finder website: http://intranet.ca.state.gov/visas/reciprocity/9868.aspx.

From: Immigrant Visa Processing at Montreal -supplement to instructions for immigrant visa applicants

• 2 months later...
Timeline
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen living in Asia. I have an upcoming trip to the U.S., can I plan a detour through Vancouver and apply for police clearance from the RCMP over there or am I required to do a fingerprint search since I am no longer residing in Canada?

Thank you

My interpretation of the instructions is that if you are outside Canada you must obtain the full fingerprint version. It may be worthwhile to email the embassy/consulate where you are going to interview and ask them if they would accept the non-fingerprint version, if you really want to - however, short of getting approval from them (in writing) I would recommend you apply for the fingerprint version while you are in Canada.

My opinion is that you should go ahead and do the fingerprints.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen living in Asia. I have an upcoming trip to the U.S., can I plan a detour through Vancouver and apply for police clearance from the RCMP over there or am I required to do a fingerprint search since I am no longer residing in Canada?

Thank you

A few people have had this problem. They resolved it by contacting The Winnipeg Police Service. All that was required was for them to complete some forms, attach 2 IDs and the fee

and mail it to them. I believe that link provides you with all you need to know.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.