N400transfer

do I need to show proof of paid traffic ticket or receipt of traffic school?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

your help is greatly appreciated,

Hi:

I am going to have my interview in a month. I never comitted any crime. However, I had two traffic tickets in California. One for turn and one minor speeding.

1. Do I have to bring proof to the interview that I have paid one tikcet and went to traffic school?

Or, I should just simply infor the interiew officer about it without paper work.

2. If I need to bring proof of payment of ticket and traffic school. Where can I get it? Since I got my last tikcet 5 year ago. I could not find any receipts or comfirmation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Even if you have committed a minor crime, USCIS may deny your application if you do not tell the USCIS officer about the incident. Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Please fill in profile detalis like "Filed for: Naturalization" and home country, these are NOT N/A http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=56667

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Hi:

I am going to have my interview in a month. I never comitted any crime. However, I had two traffic tickets in California. One for turn and one minor speeding.

1. Do I have to bring proof to the interview that I have paid one tikcet and went to traffic school?

Or, I should just simply infor the interiew officer about it without paper work.

2. If I need to bring proof of payment of ticket and traffic school. Where can I get it? Since I got my last tikcet 5 year ago. I could not find any receipts or comfirmation.

The quick answer is that you don't need to worry at all about traffic tickets. Just overlook that you ever had them, since the fines were paid and they were both routine violations of traffic laws.

Hi:

The quick answer is that you don't need to worry at all about traffic tickets. Just overlook that you ever had them, since the fines were paid and they were both routine violations of traffic laws.

Usually they don't care about minor traffic tickets.

But it will be handy to have the copy of tickets and the receipt for payment.

If interview officer ask for it, you can just show it, and do not give a chance for them to delay your naturalization process.

I brought the ticket with payment, and he just checked it for payment.

Some people was delayed for oath ceremony because they didn't have payment record for speed ticket or something like that.

It depends on whom you are dealing with.

But for safety, if you have the ticket and the receipt, bring it with you.

And probably having DMV driving record copy will be handy, too.

Hi:

Usually they don't care about minor traffic tickets.

But it will be handy to have the copy of tickets and the receipt for payment.

If interview officer ask for it, you can just show it, and do not give a chance for them to delay your naturalization process.

I brought the ticket with payment, and he just checked it for payment.

Some people was delayed for oath ceremony because they didn't have payment record for speed ticket or something like that.

It depends on whom you are dealing with.

But for safety, if you have the ticket and the receipt, bring it with you.

And probably having DMV driving record copy will be handy, too.

Just bring everything. My wife's naturalization papers were delayed three weeks after the interview due to a speeding ticket which she didn't have a copy at the time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi:

Most probably they wont ask for it(personal experience),but in case they do,u dont want ur process delayed.You will be carrying a bunch of documents anyways so doesn't hurt to carry two more.

Best of Luck..................

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have read on this forum a lot of varying advices regarding traffic tickets, citations and other violations. While to my understanding it is proper to disclose any ticket whether minor or not to the N-400, what about traffic warnings? Is it considered a crime? I see warnings do not belong to any of the questions asked. Just wondering.

Walley

Hi:

It really depends on interview officer.

Some asks for it, and others doesn't care if it is just traffic ticket.

Just in case, if you want to get the proof of conviction and payment confirmation,

you can get your Driving Record copy from DMV, and it will have the date and court information.

Then you can ask the court to provide the details of the case and payment confirmation.

I have read on this forum a lot of varying advices regarding traffic tickets, citations and other violations. While to my understanding it is proper to disclose any ticket whether minor or not to the N-400, what about traffic warnings? Is it considered a crime? I see warnings do not belong to any of the questions asked. Just wondering.

Walley

Probably warning is not counted for those question.

But it appears in DMV driving records. :whistle:

If you only have warnings, I would say No for tickets, citations, and other violations.

Walley

Probably warning is not counted for those question.

But it appears in DMV driving records. :whistle:

If you only have warnings, I would say No for tickets, citations, and other violations.

How long is that "warning" gonna stay on driving record? Do they erase it after a period of time?

How long is that "warning" gonna stay on driving record? Do they erase it after a period of time?

Probably it will be same as other tickets.

7 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Traffic tickets under $500 and that are not DUI related or serious in nature do not need to be reported. This is from another board, the INS itself, lawyers and even my own personal experience with the IO on my own tickets in my interview.

There may be cases where you may want to disclose minor traffic fines or be asked about them. These are generally when you have other issues on your N-400 that may cause you denial and the IO may want to see how good your moral character is.

For the general population you do not need to worry about them...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Traffic tickets under $500 and that are not DUI related or serious in nature do not need to be reported. This is from another board, the INS itself, lawyers and even my own personal experience with the IO on my own tickets in my interview.

There may be cases where you may want to disclose minor traffic fines or be asked about them. These are generally when you have other issues on your N-400 that may cause you denial and the IO may want to see how good your moral character is.

Thanks, warlord. I am paranoid over a traffic warning for overspeeding, no ticket or fines involved. I am not familiar with the place and it happened in another state. I did not mention it in my N-400 because it does not fit to any of the questions asked and my interview is over with. Can I mention this during the questioning just before Oath?

Walley :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks, warlord. I am paranoid over a traffic warning for overspeeding, no ticket or fines involved. I am not familiar with the place and it happened in another state. I did not mention it in my N-400 because it does not fit to any of the questions asked and my interview is over with. Can I mention this during the questioning just before Oath?

Walley :unsure:

Unless if falls in the catagory I mentioned then no...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.