zhongyuan34

Will a new gov't have an effect on K-1 processing speed?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Correction: the other proposal I mentioned wasn't for process limits on Green Cards per se. It was to improve the speed and accuracy of FBI background checks. Which could speed up visas and Green Cards by preventing lengthy AP.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I'm curious what people think about this. A friend of mine seems to think that come January, all of these seriously delayed visa applications will speed up quite a bit. I'm somewhat doubtful. What do people out there think?

We are going to see a new look in the way our government does business, but it will take a year or more before citizen services begin to improve. Speeding up immigration procedures is politically unpopular, if it increases the chance that fraud will occur more often.

I'm curious what people think about this. A friend of mine seems to think that come January, all of these seriously delayed visa applications will speed up quite a bit. I'm somewhat doubtful. What do people out there think?

No change. Tell your friend to put down the koolaid. However if you're in the country illegally expect a clear and speedy path to citizenship soon. :yes:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

No change. Tell your friend to put down the koolaid. However if you're in the country illegally expect a clear and speedy path to citizenship soon. :yes:

Seriously, I understand how aggravating illegal immigration is to those suffering through the legal process, but that is the most inaccurate statement on this thread so far. There will CERTAINLY not be any type of reform for illegal immigration any time soon. The current economy and social climate are so anti-illegal immigrant, it will be many years before that will even have a chance at being considered. Not to mention, even the top Democrat congresspeople don't understand illegal immigration. MAYBE there will be a DREAM act proposal in the near future, which is vastly different than Comprehensive Imm. Reform or amnesty. But in general, immigration is low priority right now. Our best strategy is getting awareness so more of the public understands that simply marrying a USC is not an instant ticket to citizenship.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Our best strategy is getting awareness so more of the public understands that simply marrying a USC is not an instant ticket to citizenship.

Marriage isn't an instant ticket to citizenship... it's just faster than the alternatives, but most important, it's practically gaurenteed to be successful, that's the one thing all the other forms of immigration to the US lack, not that I encourage green card seekers to marry USC's but there is some reality to the fact that marriage based immigration is a relatively fast path and has a high rate of success, and no education/technical skills requirements.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.