nopalavar

RAM(Royal air maroc) airlines

16 posts in this topic

hello all. I posted this same question in the Sub Saharan forum, but decided to post here because i think this question would be more accurate in this forum.. Is it true that I need a round trip ticket for travel if the person doesn't have a green card or doesn't hold a U.S. passport? My fiance has a K1 visa and we already purchased a one way ticket from Royal Air moroc airlines. Why do he need a round trip if he's coming to establish himself here in the U.S. with no intents of traveling back right away. What should we do? :crying:

Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've heard this rumor and I don't believe it's true. You have a K-1 visa so it shouldn't matter so requiring a roundtrip ticket for a K-1 simply doesn't make sense since obviously the intent is to stay.

I know some people buy a round trip ticket just because it's cheaper (and don't use the returning portion)

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Although my hubby didn't travel RAM, he came here on a one way ticket!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We had no problem w/ a one way ticket from Maroc 2 yrs ago, but some people have. You *should* have no problems, but sometimes the immigration officials get a wild hair up their arses and cause problems just cuz they can. Good luck!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi NoPalavar,

Congrats on your fiance's visa!

Yes, my husband (fiance at the time :luv: ) had the same problem... At the RAM offices in Rabat, they all insisted he buy a return ticket... which we bought because we were scared he'd have problems.

The truth is that he didn't need it. No one in the airport in Casa gave him any problems and no immigration people gave him problems here. We ended up throwing away the return... Once he came here, and we tried to change the return ticket, in hopes of one day actually using it, or at least saving some of our money, RAM wouldn't bundge. We ended up losing a lot of money.

So, yeah... don't let the travel agents in Morocco scare you... you only need a one way.

Good luck! :thumbs::thumbs:

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

oh my gosh they always make people do something not right. If RAM told you to buy a ticket round trip please say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's no one business if youa re going to stay or coming do whatever you want. It's really cheaper to get one way ticket. No one will give hard time about this

COngratulations and have a safe trip

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

You do not need a round trip, but I would have bought one if I were you. You never know if there will be problems and you wished you could go back! Family emergency, life not working out in the US, etc...

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's been 3 1/2 years now but my husband only purchased a one way with his K-1. Good Luck!

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

This is a great ? and thanks for asking it.

Now that we are preparing for hubby to come we are worried about every little detail.

First I did not pay for the ticket in cash like I usually do cuz thank GOD someone told us RED FLAG

Second we did purchase one way, which was JUST AS EXPENSIVE as roundtrip :angry: just thinking well he is coming to STAY not leave and also we wouldnt know exactly when we would be going back to Morocco to visit.

ALSO, my husband is coming on CR1..he is going to LIVE here, should I be concerned about a one way ticket??

Everything is so screwed up with the process and even still getting the visa I dont find ANYTHING to be coming easy.

So I think one way is fine for CR1...what is your feeling??

I guess it would have been more practical to buy a roundtrip...then you have a ticket for later BUT those 2-3 hundred extra dollars still arent feasible right now for me....I am lucky he is able to come so soon as it is.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband came here on a K-1 with a one-way ticket on RAM. We compared costs, and one-way was cheaper in our case. The travel agent in Morocco did try to convince him he was required to purchase a round-trip ticket since a K-1 isn't "technically" an immigrant visa, but he already knew he could choose whichever was cheaper, so he held his ground.

I had never heard that paying cash for a ticket was a red flag. My husband paid cash for the Casa-JFK leg of his trip, and I bought the final leg with my credit card. Everything was very smooth for us.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is a great ? and thanks for asking it.

Now that we are preparing for hubby to come we are worried about every little detail.

First I did not pay for the ticket in cash like I usually do cuz thank GOD someone told us RED FLAG

Second we did purchase one way, which was JUST AS EXPENSIVE as roundtrip :angry: just thinking well he is coming to STAY not leave and also we wouldnt know exactly when we would be going back to Morocco to visit.

ALSO, my husband is coming on CR1..he is going to LIVE here, should I be concerned about a one way ticket??

Everything is so screwed up with the process and even still getting the visa I dont find ANYTHING to be coming easy.

So I think one way is fine for CR1...what is your feeling??

I guess it would have been more practical to buy a roundtrip...then you have a ticket for later BUT those 2-3 hundred extra dollars still arent feasible right now for me....I am lucky he is able to come so soon as it is.

hi i've read this sentence in your post :First I did not pay for the ticket in cash like I usually do cuz thank GOD someone told us RED FLAG , can you explain me please what does it mean ? Thanks.

Also, just for the record, if the airport is not functioning in "real time" meaning that it doesn't have any internet access or anything of that nature. Please book in advance so that the name of the party that is traveling gets on the travel roster ahead of time. My fiance had to miss a flight yesterday because of not booking 24hrs ahead of time. We booked a flight a couple of hours before his departure and he was turned away. He was even down there at the airport hours early too!

The agent told my fiance that he couldn't board because the airline "list" didn't have his name on it. I could have kicked myself and the agent too. I was literally frazzled and on edge because we didn't know what to do. I was also in tears. It was absolutely a circus last night back and forth on the phone and texting. He tried to beg and plead to the agent that we bought the ticket and even tried to show him our reservation and booking numbers. We had all the proof in the world, but to no avail. The guy wouldn't budge.

So, the agent finally told him to have the supervisor at RAM to call his supervisor for the "ok" to have my fiance board the flight. IT WAS 8PM FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! There is no supervisor available at that time in the airline business office in New York. Totally impossible! I was fuming and furious!! I could have literally grabbed that agent through the phone and shook him! I didn't know what to do. So, as everyone was boarding the flight he was just sitting at the airport frustrated and upset with luggage and nowhere to go. My fiance wasted money for cab fare to come all the way to the airport. I lost money for the second leg airline ticket with Airtran due to cancellation fees.

In the end, the ticketing agent in the RAM office in New York was so gracious to not give us a service or cancellation fee for our flight dilemma. She totally understood and rebooked his flight with same ticket no extra costs. I know the whole ordeal, was our fault, but hey, we live and learn. So the moral of this story is, BOOK IN ADVANCE! :bonk:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.