debut720

Email notifications for I-751 RFE's

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I feel like I have seen this on the forums before, but I spent an hour searching and cannot get to it. My question is the following: If we have signed up for email notifications on USCIS website, do we get an email notification from USCIS when an RFE occurs? Or do they only send the RFE notification via snail mail? I am nervous that I will get an RFE request via snail mail and it will get lost without me even knowing it.

Thank you very much for your help!

I feel like I have seen this on the forums before, but I spent an hour searching and cannot get to it. My question is the following: If we have signed up for email notifications on USCIS website, do we get an email notification from USCIS when an RFE occurs? Or do they only send the RFE notification via snail mail? I am nervous that I will get an RFE request via snail mail and it will get lost without me even knowing it.

I'm signed up to receive emails notifications. But I received an RFE in the mail last Monday and wasn't notified by email, neither did my online staus change, it still says "we have received your application on Nov. 08 ....... " And there was another person in the VSC forum that also received am RFE and wasn't notified by email. So I guess the answer is no, they don't send you email notification of an RFE. Maybe I'm wrong, but at least for the two of us, we weren't notified by email, we just received the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm signed up to receive emails notifications. But I received an RFE in the mail last Monday and wasn't notified by email, neither did my online staus change, it still says "we have received your application on Nov. 08 ....... " And there was another person in the VSC forum that also received am RFE and wasn't notified by email. So I guess the answer is no, they don't send you email notification of an RFE. Maybe I'm wrong, but at least for the two of us, we weren't notified by email, we just received the mail.

Same here. The RFE came by the snail mail, as my status online remained the same. That makes 3 of us.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm not sure what the problem is but I didn't get email notification this time when Richard was approved :unsure: and other folks here are reporting the same. The approval was updated online and he did get a snail mail letter before the green card arrived. I presume there is an issue with the USCIS email notificiation system.

I'm not sure what the problem is but I didn't get email notification this time when Richard was approved :unsure: and other folks here are reporting the same. The approval was updated online and he did get a snail mail letter before the green card arrived. I presume there is an issue with the USCIS email notificiation system.

At least the approval is updated online even if they don't notify you by email. But the RFE is not even updated online

Sorry, one more thing: Were your cases at least touched online when you received the RFE via snail mail? I wonder if this is a recent glitch in USCIS system, or they don't send emails for RFE's - period. Thanks again!

Nop, not even "touched". Mine is still showing a Feb. 2008 date from when I did a change of address. And I recall the other person didn't have her online status "touched" either. Maybe it's a recent glitch. Or maybe they just don't "touch" or update online for i-751 RFE.

Timeline

Good info to know. My wife is right up at the current VSC processing queue according to the reports here in the forum. Her case has not been touched, and I am expecting an RFE because at the time we were not up-to-date on filing tax returns and additionally did not send transcripts (we sent copies of the forms filed).

Now that we are caught up (the stimulus check was a great motivator) I have already ordered transcripts of the past three years in anticipation of an RFE.

We also took a family trip together back to see her family in Thailand and I saved all those records, plus we have additional pictures.

I personally believe the examiners are more likely to pull the "RFE Trigger" because our cases are all a year old. They just want to see current information.

kenk3z

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I also signed in for email notification but received my RFE tru mail, none whatsoever tru email..They'll give you couple of weeks to gather and mail back what they needed from you and from there on, they'll decide on your case.

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

I personally believe the examiners are more likely to pull the "RFE Trigger" because our cases are all a year old. They just want to see current information.

kenk3z

That's my opinion too. I had sent them a lot of evidence. Joint taxes, joint accounts, everything, and I still got the RFE. Everyone agreed that we received it because they wanted updated documents. In the RFE letter it didn't specified what document they wanted to see, they just listed a bunch of examples of evidence just like they have on the i-751 instruction on their website. But they did put in BOLD to send them evidence from the beginning of the marriage to the present time.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Same thing here. No e-mails and no status change. I think it's broken!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Same thing here. No e-mails and no status change. I think it's broken!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Dear Andersen - I read about cases where people essentially send the same documents in answer to their RFE's and they get approved with no problems. I also think that all you need to do is to send them more recent versions of what you have already sent.

Dear Jomo's girl - What do you mean it is broken? Do you know if there was a time when people did get email notifications for I-751 RFE's?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.