Southern_Canadian

AOS FILERS: NOVEMBER 2008

1,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I know I shouldn't expect it yet...but I keep checking my bank account every few hours to see if my check has cleared! :)

Just out of curiosity, since I see a few other K1s on the list...how did you work your wedding? We had a tiny ceremony and will be having a big ceremony in May.

We had a big wedding.. We kind of knew when our approval date would be around and when I planned on moving to the States, etc. I told all of my Canadian family and friends when the aprox wedding date would be and they were able to keep their schedule open for the end of August. Once I got approved, Eric and I decided that my move date would be July 19th and the wedding date to be August 23rd. We had a big going away party for Eric and I, the night before I moved.

I was able to plan a wedding in about a month (it's a good thing that I went to school to be a wedding planner.) My close family and friends were able to come to the wedding and we had all of Eric's family and friends come as well. A friend made our wedding cake and another friend is a photographer so, he took all of our pictures. I already had my dress picked out and paid for in January. I got the girls dresses at TJ Maxx for $10 each. Kroger (which is a grocery strore) has a floral department so, they did all of my flower stuff... it was good that roses were on sale the week before my wedding!

Everything went really well!!

Good luck with your ceremony in May... just remember to relax and have fun!! :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
I know I shouldn't expect it yet...but I keep checking my bank account every few hours to see if my check has cleared! :)

Just out of curiosity, since I see a few other K1s on the list...how did you work your wedding? We had a tiny ceremony and will be having a big ceremony in May.

we had a small ceremony in Boston, 6 people flew in from Belgium, 7 flew in from San Diego. My father in law did the actual ceremony inside of the appartment. He got a solmnizer for a day certificate.

i was very intimate and seriously lots of fun.

we`re planning on having a bigger (maybe beach) wedding in San Diego somewhere in the future. probably summer 2010. but we havent done anything concrete yet.

We had a big wedding.. We kind of knew when our approval date would be around and when I planned on moving to the States, etc. I told all of my Canadian family and friends when the aprox wedding date would be and they were able to keep their schedule open for the end of August. Once I got approved, Eric and I decided that my move date would be July 19th and the wedding date to be August 23rd. We had a big going away party for Eric and I, the night before I moved.

I was able to plan a wedding in about a month (it's a good thing that I went to school to be a wedding planner.) My close family and friends were able to come to the wedding and we had all of Eric's family and friends come as well. A friend made our wedding cake and another friend is a photographer so, he took all of our pictures. I already had my dress picked out and paid for in January. I got the girls dresses at TJ Maxx for $10 each. Kroger (which is a grocery strore) has a floral department so, they did all of my flower stuff... it was good that roses were on sale the week before my wedding!

Everything went really well!!

Good luck with your ceremony in May... just remember to relax and have fun!! :D

you`re a wedding planner? that sounds cool (but maybe i`m wrong cause people get stressed and demanding, but i dont know).

But getting everything done in just a month is still very impressive!!

Did anyone not exchange rings? Any idea about what the interviewer might think about not wearing a wedding band?

We did what it sounds like a lot of people did. We had our civil ceremony at the courthouse and had his grandparents there since they most likely won't be able to travel/come to the religious wedding (I want to have it in Canada). We're planning on having a religious wedding sometime during summer 2010.

ROC Journey:

01/19/11 I-751 & ROC package sent via USPS Priority

01/21/11 Package delivered to California Service Center

01/25/11 Check cashed

03/07/11 Biometrics

04/14/11 Approval Notice Date

04/18/11 Approval Notice Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Did anyone not exchange rings? Any idea about what the interviewer might think about not wearing a wedding band?

We did what it sounds like a lot of people did. We had our civil ceremony at the courthouse and had his grandparents there since they most likely won't be able to travel/come to the religious wedding (I want to have it in Canada). We're planning on having a religious wedding sometime during summer 2010.

We exchanged wedding bands. Not for the interviewer, but for everyone to know that my man is already taken! Finder's keepers! :rofl:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

We had a civil ceremony too. Funny thing was at the court house during the ceremony we both didn't have a ring. So the Clerk asked us if we will be getting rings in the near future, we told her yes, we had forgotten all about the ring :bonk: So the Clerk had us hold each others fingers like we were putting on the ring, Felt kinda silly :rofl:

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

We did exchange rings but not for the interviewer..it was for us. And to show people(ladies) his taken. :D ...

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

We did not exchange rings. We wanted to keep the tiny ceremony as small and simple as possible. We'll be exchanging rings at the big ceremony in May'09. If the interview is before then, we'll just explain to the interviewer what the situation was...they probably get a lot of K-1s who go through that. We have my wedding band (it was a set with my engagement ring) and will get his early in the year.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline

we didnt exchange rings either. it was merely a financial decision. we`ll get them later once we both start working.

My mother in law gave me her mothers ring on our weddingday though. it looks like an weddingring, so everybody assumes it`s my wedding ring.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Ok, I know this is off-topic (by the way, we did exchange rings that we bought at this adorable store in Soho for our civil ceremony but will be getting new ones for the wedding next summer), but our checks were cashed today! We're super excited. We tried to input our case number from the back of the checks into the USCIS database, and it isn't working; can someone give me an idea of what the case number should start with? Both of our checks have MSC followed by wgat U believe is the case number, but then they have two different sequential numbers at the end (019 and 020). Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks!

~Katie

5-13-09: Green card approved.

6-24-09: Received green card.

8-13-11: Received 10-year green card.

2-21-12: Sent N-400 to Dallas Lock box.

7-18-12: Naturalization interview (passed!).

Ok, I know this is off-topic (by the way, we did exchange rings that we bought at this adorable store in Soho for our civil ceremony but will be getting new ones for the wedding next summer), but our checks were cashed today! We're super excited. We tried to input our case number from the back of the checks into the USCIS database, and it isn't working; can someone give me an idea of what the case number should start with? Both of our checks have MSC followed by wgat U believe is the case number, but then they have two different sequential numbers at the end (019 and 020). Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks!

~Katie

Congrats on the checks cashed! Why did you write more than one check? I only wrote one check...I hope that was ok! On our K-1, the case number started with three letters. I would look for a number like that. Just from that experience, I would guess you'll get your NOAs within a day or two, so don't stress too much (HAH!)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks!

~Katie

Congrats on the checks cashed! Why did you write more than one check? I only wrote one check...I hope that was ok! On our K-1, the case number started with three letters. I would look for a number like that. Just from that experience, I would guess you'll get your NOAs within a day or two, so don't stress too much (HAH!)

the number on the back of the check (starting with MSC) is the same as the NOA for the AOS (i guess the other one is for your i-130, in case you filed that too)

. we couldnt check it online either (still cant, to be correct).

I called USCIS and they told me to wait an other month...

it`s nothing to worry about, your NOA`s will follow shortly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks!

~Katie

Congrats the noas all start with msc but when you get the noas the numbers are slightly different from the one on the back of the check, I would think you will get your naos soon so I would just wait and not worry at this point.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Ok, I know this is off-topic (by the way, we did exchange rings that we bought at this adorable store in Soho for our civil ceremony but will be getting new ones for the wedding next summer), but our checks were cashed today! We're super excited. We tried to input our case number from the back of the checks into the USCIS database, and it isn't working; can someone give me an idea of what the case number should start with? Both of our checks have MSC followed by what I believe is the case number, but then they have two different sequential numbers at the end (019 and 020). Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks!

~Katie

We wrote two checks, one for $355 for the I-130 and one for $1,010 for the AOS. I'm sure writing one check will be fine! Just out of curiosity: did most people on this forum use a lawyer? Chris and I didn't and are praying we don't get our package back or continual RFEs!! So far, so good!

5-13-09: Green card approved.

6-24-09: Received green card.

8-13-11: Received 10-year green card.

2-21-12: Sent N-400 to Dallas Lock box.

7-18-12: Naturalization interview (passed!).

Ok, I know this is off-topic (by the way, we did exchange rings that we bought at this adorable store in Soho for our civil ceremony but will be getting new ones for the wedding next summer), but our checks were cashed today! We're super excited. We tried to input our case number from the back of the checks into the USCIS database, and it isn't working; can someone give me an idea of what the case number should start with? Both of our checks have MSC followed by what I believe is the case number, but then they have two different sequential numbers at the end (019 and 020). Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks!

~Katie

We wrote two checks, one for $355 for the I-130 and one for $1,010 for the AOS. I'm sure writing one check will be fine! Just out of curiosity: did most people on this forum use a lawyer? Chris and I didn't and are praying we don't get our package back or continual RFEs!! So far, so good!

Ahhh...I see. :) We only filed AOS/EAD/AP...my husband came to the US on a K-1 and we got married in the 90 days...actually, we got married 6 days after he entered, but it still took us another two months to file because we couldn't bear to look at another USCIS form for a little bit. We did NOT use a lawyer for any of our journey and didn't have any trouble with the K-1. Hopefully our AOS will go just as smoothly.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

We didn't use a lawyer. When we filed for our K1 we didn't find VJ until we received our first RFE, so we didn't follow the guidelines. Now that I believe we followed the VJ guidelines for the AOS I feel more secured in our application. VJ saved us a whole lot of money by doing it ourselves.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.