Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I can't speak to CR-1/IR-1 but the K1 process was easy for my 17 & 20yr old stepsons. They just asked one about his birthday since he had got a year older since the original app was filled out. The boys then went and sat down while their mother was interviewed. They are on a plane from Nairobi to Seattle as I type this! Best wishes!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Kenya
Timeline

Could someone please input more recent step by step process at Nbi's US Embassy for CR-1/IR-1? I would like to know the documents you presented at the interview and also how children are handled during interview. Someone please.

CeeMu,

Did you get info on how the Embassy handles stand alone immigrant visa application for kids, CR-2/IR2?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

CeeMu,

Did you get info on how the Embassy handles stand alone immigrant visa application for kids, CR-2/IR2?

No i did not.. my girl is 9 yrs old

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Timeline

I called the NVC today. We got a CC May 22nd. I wrote an email to NVC requesting an expedite process. Can anyone give an indication of when I will hear about the interview date, Whether the expedite will be approved or not?

My wife is currently in kenya and may be there to take my 10yr old son for the interview. I have read the Embassy instructions on minors and they need an original signed power of attorney from the Petitioner (me). I am worried that even with DHL I may not get this letter to kenya in good time for the interview. How serious is the Embassy with this letter? Especially considering that he will go for the interview with his biological mother?

Timeline

I called the NVC today. We got a CC May 22nd. I wrote an email to NVC requesting an expedite process. Can anyone give an indication of when I will hear about the interview date, Whether the expedite will be approved or not?

My wife is currently in kenya and may be there to take my 10yr old son for the interview. I have read the Embassy instructions on minors and they need an original signed power of attorney from the Petitioner (me). I am worried that even with DHL I may not get this letter to kenya in good time for the interview. How serious is the Embassy with this letter? Especially considering that he will go for the interview with his biological mother?

Never heard about this info but please expound or rather keep me informed coz i have a 9yr old who will be attending interview with me(biological mom). I am interested to know more

Mother & Daughter

Timeline

This is from the Nairobi embassy website, it probably doesn't apply to you if you are the Petitioner and you will be taking your child to the Embassy.

MINOR CHILDREN: Please note that all applicants below 14 years of age are required to have a guardian accompany them to their interview. The guardian must bring with them the original power of attorney from the petitioner and a government issued photo identification to be allowed access to the Embassy.

This is from the Nairobi embassy website, it probably doesn't apply to you if you are the Petitioner and you will be taking your child to the Embassy.

MINOR CHILDREN: Please note that all applicants below 14 years of age are required to have a guardian accompany them to their interview. The guardian must bring with them the original power of attorney from the petitioner and a government issued photo identification to be allowed access to the Embassy.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello! I have a question for those of you who have set up DHL from a country outside Kenya. My fiance is Ugandan and booked his appointment successfully today. When asked to set up a DHL location, all of the options were inside Kenya. Is there a DHL location for Uganda and if so how do we set up for delivery there? If not, I am assuming everyone must wait in Nairobi until it's ready? Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello! I have a question for those of you who have set up DHL from a country outside Kenya. My fiance is Ugandan and booked his appointment successfully today. When asked to set up a DHL location, all of the options were inside Kenya. Is there a DHL location for Uganda and if so how do we set up for delivery there? If not, I am assuming everyone must wait in Nairobi until it's ready? Thank you!

Hi loreh, my husband is also from Uganda. He just had to sign up for a DHL location in Nairobi and wait for it to be ready. However it was ready much quicker than we expected so it wasn't too bad!

Dec 5, 2012: Married in Gulu, Uganda
May 1, 2013: Mailed I-130 package
May 3, 2013: NOA1 priority date (Overland Park, KS)
Dec 4, 2013: File Transferred to NSC

Feb 9, 2014: NOA2

Feb 24, 2014: NVC Received

Mar 31, 2014: Case number assigned & AOS Bill paid

Apr 4, 2014: IV Bill received

Apr 12, 2014: IV Bill Paid

May 30, 2014: Sent both IV and AOS packages

Jun 6, 2014: IV/AOS received at NVC

Jul 17, 2014: AOS Check list received

Jul 18, 2014: Check list response mailed

Sept 16, 2014: Case Complete!!!

Oct 8, 2014: Received Interview Date

Nov 13-14, 2014: Medical Review - Approved!

Nov 19, 2014: Interview in Nairobi - APPROVED!!!!

Dec 18, 2014: POE - Atlanta, GA

Timeline

Hello Ms. oklai125 Long time no hear how is everything with hubby and the new life? :)

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hullo everyone!

I am joining this post because my consulate is in Nairobi and I am from Uganda.I filed in early June 2015 and still waiting for a response for the NOA2.Most of the people who filed after the first week of June have been responded to much as they are from European countries. I am asking,do you think that because as the beneficiary I am from Uganda and the system is slow or if they are critical about any fraud this makes my case to take longer than others?

The last I checked the California Service Center is now working on early July filers!

I am at 54 days today.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi members!

Anyone going through interview recently or in the near future? I am preparing for a CR1/CR2 interview on 29th this month, and need someone to advice me which form i-864 to use. coz they have a new version but we filed with the old one. Do i need to contact the embassy?

Also about the child, do i also need a power of attoney for her yet i am her biological mom interviewing at the same time as her?

Mother & Daughter

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello! My fiance went to pick up his K1 visa today, and his nationality was listed as Kenyan, however he is Ugandan. He arranged for DHL to send the passport back to the embassy to have it corrected. Does anyone know how long this will take? I can't seem to find any information about visa corrections at the Nairobi embassy here or online. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Any advice?? my spouse was denied a visa today because we didn't have pictures for the wedding. Our wedding wasn't planned hence the lack of pictures. I am in the US Military and i had gone back to Uganda on an emergency leave and i decided to have a quick court wedding and we were presented with a marriage certificate, we didnt take any pictures as we didn't think bout it at the time and we were not in a celebratory mood since i had gone back cause of a sick father. Anyway fast-forward to today, she went to the embassy and she was denied due to lack of photos. So my question is how do i appeal and what do i need to appeal how do i make another appointment, do i need to pay again for the appointment?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi loreh, my husband is also from Uganda. He just had to sign up for a DHL location in Nairobi and wait for it to be ready. However it was ready much quicker than we expected so it wasn't too bad!

oklai125 and loreh,

I am also American with a Ugandan fiance. His visa was just approved, and he is now waiting in Kenya. My question is, does the CEAC website provide a DHL tracking number once the passport is ready for pickup? The status currently says "Issued," but we accidentally registered for DHL in Kisumu, so once it arrives there we need to have it sent to Nairobi. Really appreciate any help!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello all,

This is my first post, but I have gotten so much helpful information from reading this thread - thank you to all of you!

I have a question on fee payment for the K1 visa. I know that this has been asked in other posts, but I'm trying to get the most up-to-date information. My fiance is Ugandan, and we would like to schedule his interview in Nairobi. He just submitted the DS-160. How can we pay the fee if we don't know anyone in Kenya to assist us with Mpesa? He was going to use Mpesa in Kampala, but I read somewhere that it has been blocked in Uganda?

Any info you have would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.