SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Congratulations jenni and chris11!!! Thanks for the review,that was a really great review you guys did.It would really help us next on line for the .interview to get organize. I'd like to ask if they gave you back your original birth certificate..thanks

May 2000 - first time we met

June 2000 - started dating

Feb.16, 2008 - filed for K1

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

July 31, 2008 - Package received ny NVC

Aug. 5, 2008 -Recieved by Montreal Consulate

Sept.12, 2008 -Packet 3 received

Sept.17, 2008 -Packet 3 sent

Dec. 12, 2008 -Packet 4 received

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 20, 2009 - K1 visa received

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

April 9, 2009 - filed for application

April 15, 2009 - NOA received for I-1485,EAD, & AP

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

May 26, 2009 - AP received

May 26, 2009 - card production ordered for EAD

June 5, 2009 - EAD received

July 7, 2009 - Interview appointment received

Aug 20, 2009 - Interview---approved

Sept 2, 2009 - Card recieved

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I was given my original birth certificate back right then and there after they checked it against the copy. So no worries!

Going from memory, I think the only originals they kept were the passport (which gets sent back to you with the visa), the two pictures, the medical report, and the police certificate (so make sure to make a copy for yourself).

Yes, I was given my original birth certificate back right then and there after they checked it against the copy. So no worries!

Going from memory, I think the only originals they kept were the passport (which gets sent back to you with the visa), the two pictures, the medical report, and the police certificate (so make sure to make a copy for yourself).

I will !!! thanks for the fast reply..I appreciate it.. :)

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, they returned all of my originals *save the ones Chris and Lori mentioned*, they even returned the pictures I had sent with the original I-129F forms :)

I'm glad our reviews helped, like Chris said, make copies of everything you have just incase, but really - this was the easiest part of the whole journey. Relax and enjoy the feeling of having all that stress lifted when you're done :D

I hope it's not as cold when you go! Brrr

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yup, they returned all of my originals *save the ones Chris and Lori mentioned*, they even returned the pictures I had sent with the original I-129F forms :)

I'm glad our reviews helped, like Chris said, make copies of everything you have just incase, but really - this was the easiest part of the whole journey. Relax and enjoy the feeling of having all that stress lifted when you're done :D

Jen! Hi! :star: How are you?

I am glad to know you were approved and everything went well. I had my interview on January 13th. I had the same feeling when I was done, and I was very excited and happy when I got back home. I just got tired of my trip, and it was pretty cold outside.

I will write about the interview in my timeline a bit later.Almost the same as yours though :)

Timeline

Jen! Hi! :star: How are you?

I am glad to know you were approved and everything went well. I had my interview on January 13th. I had the same feeling when I was done, and I was very excited and happy when I got back home. I just got tired of my trip, and it was pretty cold outside.

I will write about the interview in my timeline a bit later.Almost the same as yours though :)

Hi Nat!

So good to hear from you! Our poor may thread seems to have gotten abandoned eh? :D I'm so happy to hear your interview went well!! When are you planning to fly to the US? I'm going on Feb 3rd, and it looks like the wedding will be March 6th :D Do you have a date yet?

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand

AOS
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment

Congrats Jenni and Lori!! :dance: :dance: so good to hear that you guys are moving on to the next stage of the game!.

We finally deduced why our interview was sooooo much later than it should have been. When David went for his medical, they couldn't give him the one vaccine that he needed, they told him to go to his family doctor. So he went home and tried to make an appointment, they gave him one for two weeks out (even though he told them it was for a visa and he needed it ASAP)....and then they told him it had to be rescheduled for a further month out. So in all it took 6 weeks for him to get the shot, and lo and behold our interview was 6 weeks later than it should have been =( But we are getting there, closer every day...

So, thank you girls for the reviews. I have a few questions though. Lori, you mentioned that the appointment letter states that you need to bring originals and one copy of all documents requested. David has read and re-read his, and can't find this????

Also, we didn't do the DS160, because we figured that this new form was put into effect *after* we submitted our packet 3, so they wouldn't ask it from us. But, Jenni submitted in the same month as I did (a month before this new form) and was asked for this form. So, do you all think that we should just go ahead and submit it? or do you think it may slow things down, confuse someone there?......I don't know....

Thanks in advance.

Amy & David

(USC & Canadian spouse)

Filed I-129..........March 21st 2008

NOA1................March 24th 2008

APPROVED!........July 29th 2008

NOA2................August 4th 2008

Packet 3 received.....August 26th 2008

Packet 3 sent....September 15th 2008

Medical.............September 29th 2008 (completion delayed by shot at Dr's taking 6 weeks to get, done Nov 7)

Interview...........February 25th 2009 (MUCH later than it should have been because of the medical)**VISA GRANTED!!**

VISA IN HAND!....March 3rd 2009

MOVE HOME!!!!...March 6th 2009

Wedding!...........March 20th 2009, civil ceremony ("real" wedding and party planned for March 20th, 2010)

Filed for AOS.....April 28th 2009

NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP....May 8th 2009

Biometrics Appointment....May 27th 2009

*Touch on I-485 and I-765*...May 27th 2009

*Touch on I-485 and I-765*...May 28th 2009

AP and EAD approved!!!.........June 2nd 2009

*Touch on I-765*......June 8th 2009

AP hard copy............June 9th 2009

EAD card received.....June 11th 2009

AOS interview...........July 29th 2009

AOS approved!!!.......July 29th 2009

GC production ordered...July 29th 2009

GC received!!!!..............August 13th 2009 WOO HOOOOO done with USCIS till 2011!!!!!!!

Filed for Lifting of Conditions...May 6th 2011

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm. Well, they took my appointment letter from me at the interview, so I can't refer back to it. But, I believe it said something like "please bring your passport, photos, the original and one copy of your documents, appointment letter and $131 cash." Something like that. It didn't specify what those "documents" were, so I just took basically everything from the Packet 3, including the evidence of relationship, affidavit of support, police certificate, etc. In the end, I think they just looked at the employment letter for Chris and took my police certificate. But as I mentioned earlier, they also wanted a photocopy of my passport ID page.

For the DS-160, that came into effect after our date too, but since my interview letter said on the bottom "please be advised the DS-160 is replacing the DS-156" (rough wording), I did the DS-160 online anyways, just to be sure. They didn't ask for it at my interview, but I think Jen said they asked for hers? Either way, it didn't slow things down for us. So, if your letter asks that you do that form online, I'd say go for it.

Best of luck on your upcoming interview!

Lori (and Chris)

Hmmm. Well, they took my appointment letter from me at the interview, so I can't refer back to it. But, I believe it said something like "please bring your passport, photos, the original and one copy of your documents, appointment letter and $131 cash." Something like that. It didn't specify what those "documents" were, so I just took basically everything from the Packet 3, including the evidence of relationship, affidavit of support, police certificate, etc. In the end, I think they just looked at the employment letter for Chris and took my police certificate. But as I mentioned earlier, they also wanted a photocopy of my passport ID page.

For the DS-160, that came into effect after our date too, but since my interview letter said on the bottom "please be advised the DS-160 is replacing the DS-156" (rough wording), I did the DS-160 online anyways, just to be sure. They didn't ask for it at my interview, but I think Jen said they asked for hers? Either way, it didn't slow things down for us. So, if your letter asks that you do that form online, I'd say go for it.

Lori (and Chris)

Well, that's confusing...According to David it doesn't mention anything about copies, or even the $131 cash you have to bring. But, we'll makes copies and be prepared anyways.

As far as the DS160, there is not a single mention of it on David's appointment letter...so I'm not sure what to think about it =(

Thanks for wishing us luck and for the reply Lori =)

Amy & David

(USC & Canadian spouse)

Medical.............September 29th 2008 (completion delayed by shot at Dr's taking 6 weeks to get, done Nov 7)

Interview...........February 25th 2009 (MUCH later than it should have been because of the medical)**VISA GRANTED!!**

Wedding!...........March 20th 2009, civil ceremony ("real" wedding and party planned for March 20th, 2010)

GC received!!!!..............August 13th 2009 WOO HOOOOO done with USCIS till 2011!!!!!!!

event.png

I wish I could relax...I'm going through all my documents every night trying to organize them and then re arranging them and then checking them and they end up all messed up all over my bed..and then the following night i'd do the same..LOL...I guess i'm just nervous and excited..

well, i'm hoping too that the weather would cooperate but I don't really mind as long as i'd get approve. :)

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi Nat!

So good to hear from you! Our poor may thread seems to have gotten abandoned eh? :D I'm so happy to hear your interview went well!! When are you planning to fly to the US? I'm going on Feb 3rd, and it looks like the wedding will be March 6th :D Do you have a date yet?

Hi Jen!

Yes it's quiet there. :) Thanks :star: Today I have received everything in the yellow envelope. I bought tickets last week. :dance: It costed about 750 $, it's okay, all the tickets were more expensive one month ago. I am flying on February 8th. Yes I think our wedding will be in March as well. :dance:

I have to finish lots of things to be prepared for the trip. Plus I have to work till January 30th.

Have a good week! :star:

Timeline

Lori (and Chris)

Well, that's confusing...According to David it doesn't mention anything about copies, or even the $131 cash you have to bring. But, we'll makes copies and be prepared anyways.

As far as the DS160, there is not a single mention of it on David's appointment letter...so I'm not sure what to think about it =(

Thanks for wishing us luck and for the reply Lori =)

SK&SP, that's really good to hear that you found out the reason for the interview delay. It is coming fast now :) Good luck and let us know how it goes. I will say the following though

ALWAYS HAVE COPIES OF EVERYTHING lol - thank goodness for having a photocopier at work:) They do not want to keep your originals for a lot of things, but they need the originals to compare to the copies.

The 131 has to be cash and SHOULD be the exact amount *in US too don't forget*

Even though they didn't mention the DS 160, they are switching over to it. You won't get denied because you don't have it, but I would do it anyway. it's easier for them, as it's submitted electronically, so they already have your information before the interview. They asked for the page with my barcode on it is all.

Angie - Good luck! I went through all my stuff 25 times the night before too. But what helped me the most was having everything labelled...I pulled all the sheets she asked for out before she finished asking :) I also went to bed at 8pm the night before the interview...slept fairly soundly until 3am, then started waking up every 20 mins lol. But being rested before helped me relax while I was there.

To both of you, they are really nice there *save the security guys. but they have to be like that* As nervous as you think you will be, once you start talking to them, you will feel soooooooo much better!!

<3 Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand

AOS

Hi SK&SP,

You can have a look at the interview letter here - maybe they left out a page by mistake

K1 Interview Letter

Thanks for the link Trailmix, but that one is for the Vancouver consulate, and it's *totally* different than the one David has. Too bad that the one for Montreal doesn't state the amount of money you have to bring..I hate to see what happens to folks that don't know to check the consulates website to get that info...

SK&SP, that's really good to hear that you found out the reason for the interview delay. It is coming fast now :) Good luck and let us know how it goes. I will say the following though

ALWAYS HAVE COPIES OF EVERYTHING lol - thank goodness for having a photocopier at work:) They do not want to keep your originals for a lot of things, but they need the originals to compare to the copies.

Even though they didn't mention the DS 160, they are switching over to it. You won't get denied because you don't have it, but I would do it anyway. it's easier for them, as it's submitted electronically, so they already have your information before the interview. They asked for the page with my barcode on it is all.

To both of you, they are really nice there *save the security guys. but they have to be like that* As nervous as you think you will be, once you start talking to them, you will feel soooooooo much better!!

<3 Jen

Hi Jen, thanks for the reply. Yeah, we're just gonna go ahead and make copies, especially for the things we want back, like birth certificates. I guess we will go ahead and submit the DS160. However, wasn't the DS156k an online form with two copies of a barcode?. I know for sure we did an online form that printed out a barcode...but I suppose we shall do it again. Couldn't hurt right? =)

Amy & David

(USC & Canadian spouse)

event.png

Timeline
Hi SK&SP,

You can have a look at the interview letter here - maybe they left out a page by mistake

K1 Interview Letter

Thanks for the link Trailmix, but that one is for the Vancouver consulate, and it's *totally* different than the one David has. Too bad that the one for Montreal doesn't state the amount of money you have to bring..I hate to see what happens to folks that don't know to check the consulates website to get that info...

<3 Jen

Hi Jen, thanks for the reply. Yeah, we're just gonna go ahead and make copies, especially for the things we want back, like birth certificates. I guess we will go ahead and submit the DS160. However, wasn't the DS156k an online form with two copies of a barcode?. I know for sure we did an online form that printed out a barcode...but I suppose we shall do it again. Couldn't hurt right? =)

It was the DS-230 that was done online and a printed barcode. THe 156K was the one they told you to bring to the interview with you *they didnt ask for mine though, because of the 160*

The DS-160 isn't too hard to fill out. But since you have about a month left to wait, why not email the consulate and ask if they will want it? That way you can be sure. The picture you have to scan in can be a pain in the ####, so if you don't have to do it, it would save the frustration, but I would for sure email them and check :)

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.