SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Where can I find the DS156? i'll try searching now...

Fill out the DS-156 online here: http://evisaforms.state.gov/

Found it! Thanks guys...

I completed the form, for myself and my son, and printed 2 copies each.

I'm almost done putting my file together :)

I think the week prior to our interview, I'm going to post a list of "new stuff" that we're taking with us to the interview, as well as a generic list of things we've put into our binder. I'd love some advice once I've got the list of schtuff organized! Everyone here has been so helpful! Between Poprocks and Huggles, you two have been awesome at asking questions. Thanks! I haven't hda much time to sit down and really go through all the information posted, and when I do, I think of questions and you two have already asked them. You're wonderful!!!

I'm SOOOOOO thankful I came across VJ and decided to become a member! So much easier when I can ask questions and have "real people" answer them!!! Once I get myself back into reality, I'm going to start making sure we've got all our info for the interview. :)

I think we have very similar personalities! A little OCD anyone? Slightly paranoid? Overly organized? Controlling? Often assuming the worst? Sweat the small stuff? I could probably keep going... But no problem! I thank you guys too for your help and questions. Sometimes I think people are reading my mind! :whistle:

Joining VJ was the best thing we've done! Its definitely eased my mind and made this process as painless as it can possibly be.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Found it! Thanks guys...

I think the week prior to our interview, I'm going to post a list of "new stuff" that we're taking with us to the interview, as well as a generic list of things we've put into our binder. I'd love some advice once I've got the list of schtuff organized! Everyone here has been so helpful! Between Poprocks and Huggles, you two have been awesome at asking questions. Thanks! I haven't hda much time to sit down and really go through all the information posted, and when I do, I think of questions and you two have already asked them. You're wonderful!!!

I'm SOOOOOO thankful I came across VJ and decided to become a member! So much easier when I can ask questions and have "real people" answer them!!! Once I get myself back into reality, I'm going to start making sure we've got all our info for the interview. :)

I think we have very similar personalities! A little OCD anyone? Slightly paranoid? Overly organized? Controlling? Often assuming the worst? Sweat the small stuff? I could probably keep going... But no problem! I thank you guys too for your help and questions. Sometimes I think people are reading my mind! :whistle:

Joining VJ was the best thing we've done! Its definitely eased my mind and made this process as painless as it can possibly be.

Me??? OCD? Slightly paranoid? Overly organized? Controlling? Assuming the worst? Sweating the small stuff? NEVER!!!!!

*Does anyone else hear the annoying buzzer go off each time I deny being one of the above??? LOL

Yeah... I'm all of those. I've waited 8+ years to marry this guy... I just to make sure NOTHING gets screwed up now!!! LOLOLOL

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

how do you print whole DS160? i tried to save it to my files and it was in .dat format and cant open it afterwards. did u just print the screen?

if i redo the DS160, would it be in their system again that im redoing it and maybe it may cause confusion or something?

im so bummed! lots of things running in my head.

oi vei! - that reminds me that i got an email from montreal saying that they havent received my police certificate from israel which israel embassy sent march 18.

####### is wrong like i dont know if i can even get my visa. im so negative on things! maybe i just dont wanna be disappointed thats y!

I messed up my DS160... the first time around. I never printed the whole thing. My lawyer said, I would be ok and not worry... I didn't feel comfortable with his answer, so I emailed Montreal, they responded and said to re-do the DS160 on line, generate a new barcode and print the new forms. I did just that, then emailed them back the old barcode, saying it was replaced by the new barcode number and I stated both... I am also taking both with me to the interview, just in case...

My advise, according to the response I got from Montreal 3 weeks ago, is re do the DS160 on line, press the email to yourself option, then print the confirmation page and app, at least once.... (I say this cause my session expired :( and your back up will be emailed to you

Good luck

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

JulyBride - I just noticed that we met our fiance's online the same year! Back when meeting online was sooo not that popular, LOL.

Edited by SapphireDreams

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Found it! Thanks guys...

Me??? OCD? Slightly paranoid? Overly organized? Controlling? Assuming the worst? Sweating the small stuff? NEVER!!!!!

*Does anyone else hear the annoying buzzer go off each time I deny being one of the above??? LOL

Yeah... I'm all of those. I've waited 8+ years to marry this guy... I just to make sure NOTHING gets screwed up now!!! LOLOLOL

OMG, OCD Club, count me in!!!!

I think that thread would be great... a 'File/Proof Prep for Interview' discussion... once I finish going through my stuff, I plan on listing it all for you guys ensuring that I haven't missed anything :)

N-400 Citizenship

Saphire so true!!!HAHAHA!!! MEETING ON LINE!!!

Back when *GASP* you had to resort to on line to meet someone???? something must be wrong with her lol!

In the beginning I was a little embarrassed to even tell people...I used to say we met through a mutual friend... :blush:

Now it's the norm... and even considered tres cool lol! :star:

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its so true though!! I used to avoid telling people how we met because I was afraid to be judged. I could care less now! After going through all this I'm proud to say I met someone online, our relationship has lasted for years and now we are getting married!!

But wow, Sapphire and JulyBride, dating long distance for 8 years? That's gotta be hard! Bill and I have been doing this for 4 years now (actually, we met online 4 years ago TODAY!) and I can't imagine having to do it for another year, let alone another 4. Maybe its because I now see the light at the end of the tunnel.... either way, you should definitely be proud of yourselves! Call me naive, but I can't see married life being any harder then living each day on my computer and telephone.

Timeline
Stephanie, that spreadsheet is terrific! Do you want us to send you a message if we have updates or just post them in out timeline? Thank you SOOOO much for doing this! :)

If you all have updates to your timelines, a PM would be very helpful! But I'll try to check the timelines as often as possible for any updates. I have A LOT of downtime at work!

Wow Steph, thats a great spreadsheet. If you need any help maintaining it let me know, I would be happy to give you a hand :D

Thanks! :D You'll probably receive your NOA2 and packet 3 around the time we have our interview (or hopefully even sooner the way CSC has been moving lately!)... And by that time I'll be so busy with last minute wedding details and AOS that I will definitely not be able to keep up. So I'll be more than happy to pass the baton on to you! As for right now, I'm clueless as to how more than one person can manage it. Like I said earlier... I'm a total Google Docs noob! lol

And I totally know what you guys mean about being OCD when it comes to this stuff. When I mailed Chris the folder I had prepared for him (copy of I-129F, I-134, etc) I made him get on webcam as I walked him through everything in the packet. I then told him he needed to "study" everything. I'm so paranoid he'll forget to cross a "t" or dot an "i." Then he said, "Hey you forgot to sign the new letter of intent!" Doh!

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We got our interview date today .. April 28 :dance::D

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

YEAH!!! CONGRATS :dance:

Anyone know if HOTWIRE is in US dollars? also, can you search specific hotels????

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline

Congratulations!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

No idea about Hotwire poprocks. I just assume it's USD unless it says CAD.

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

So I think i'm gonna stay at La Tour... not really my cup of tea... but for the purpose of what i'm there for? I mean, not as if I am out enjoying the city and i'm only staying one night... a night that I will likely be nervous lol! No use in paying twice as much for like 5 hours sleep lol!

I visit Montreal often... so it's not as if I would stick around to see the sites... and it's only 4.5 hours from TO...so I really just plan on being in and out...

anyone else stay there?

It reminds me of motels you would stay at as a kid with our parents lol!

N-400 Citizenship

I just wanted to post here because I recived a letter from MTL regarding my interview date - along with it in the envelope there was another letter for Bradley Gaylord from South Carolina and it was addresses to a lawyer. It was regarding a K-1 interview on April 15th. I do not have the letter as I am visiting the US right now, but when my mother read it to me lastnight I asked her to mail it to the address on the letter so those poor people will get notice of their interview. I thought I would post in this forum just in case anyone knows who that is or if they themselves are on VJ.

***Naturalization ***

Submitted N-400: Dec 30, 2015
USPS Delivery Confirmation:
Direct Debit processed: Jan 5, 2015
NOA: Jan 9, 2015
Biometrics Appointment: Jan 28, 2015
Interview: May 7, 2015
Oath Ceremony: still waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I just wanted to post here because I recived a letter from MTL regarding my interview date - along with it in the envelope there was another letter for Bradley Gaylord from South Carolina and it was addresses to a lawyer. It was regarding a K-1 interview on April 15th. I do not have the letter as I am visiting the US right now, but when my mother read it to me lastnight I asked her to mail it to the address on the letter so those poor people will get notice of their interview. I thought I would post in this forum just in case anyone knows who that is or if they themselves are on VJ.

I'm sure you have already done this--but i would contact Mtl embassy and let them know of their screw up, so they can issue a new package

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am getting in line for Montreal soon (hopefully) - still processing through NVC but I've been lurking in this forum for a few months now ;) Stephanie, what a great spreadsheet! That helps ease the worried mind.

I have a few questions, if you all don't mind:

- do we have to wait to schedule the medical until we receive packet 3, or will a MTL case # work?

- Do we need the I-134 to be sent back with packet 3 or does it go with him to the interview?

- What financial supporting evidence does Montreal require (IE do they require taxes?)

Thank you all. Looking forward to moving forward and waiting for Montreal now :)

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.