Shannon ♥ Nick

What are your Service Request experiences?

6 posts in this topic

Nick and I have talked to USCIS and a service request has been issued for our petition.

Our lawyers made several (well more than several) errors that we just discovered when they sent us a copy of our complete petition.

So we called, the man at USCIS took all the corrections and said he'd issue a service request to VSC to take care of it...

If any of you have gone through a request - how long does it take before they actually pick up our file? And do you think it slowed or hastened your approvals (if you've gotten it)?

Thanks much!!!

Shan and Nick

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I think I am facing the same situation and my attorney is hiding from me and she is not even returning my calls. I will advise everyone not to use an attorney because I have a couple of friends that have done the same and have already received their approvals. Good luck guys.

.png

10486.gif

60402a2e5f.png

You are a July filer & you have asked for a service request? It's only been 3 months. Well good luck to you. We are May filers and we've been told that our case is pending and the advice is "to wait!" and we're still waiting.... :wacko:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

The more of this kind of post I read, the more happy I am that I didn't hire an attorney. I tell every one I meet that for an average petition lawyers seem to add to the stress and trouble.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

You are a July filer & you have asked for a service request? It's only been 3 months. Well good luck to you. We are May filers and we've been told that our case is pending and the advice is "to wait!" and we're still waiting.... :wacko:

Like I said, we had a service request because our attorneys made many many errors on our petition that needed to be corrected; it had nothing to do with not wanting to wait. I want to clarify that because we are all waiting and this is such a long process to begin with.. I'd hate for you to be under the wrong impression.

When we called USCIS and explained that we had errors - and briefly described some of them - he told me he was going to issue a service request, and took all the corrections to send to VSC. We didn't know what to do, our lawyers had told us just to wait and bring the amended forms to the interview... however, I don't know if we'd have gotten to an interview with all the errors. It's my application and it would have raised red flags with me - all the errors on it! <_<

We had called USCIS to get advice from them: Should we submit corrected forms to be added to our application? Should we just write down all the corrections and get the page notarized? These were the questions we were asking when USCIS said absolutely do not wait - give them all the corrections now, they'd just issue a service request.

What I did want to know was from those that have filed for a SR, how they thought it affected their processing times.

The more of this kind of post I read, the more happy I am that I didn't hire an attorney. I tell every one I meet that for an average petition lawyers seem to add to the stress and trouble.

You are SOOOO right... we've said that over and over to ourselves ... if only we would have found VisaJourney before we filed :crying:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Just don't expect any quick action, then you'll be pleasantly surprised if they get it all corrected quickly. They should send you a letter explaining what was requested and what action they are taking. If there are any critical mistakes in that letter make sure you address them quickly.

Good luck!

Thai Mom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.