workin4somethin

filing AOS for spouse and kids

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We are filing for AOS for my spouse and kids. It is my understanding that we are to file all three forms (G-325A, I-864, and I-485) for each of them - that, regardless of age, there is none of these particular form that is not to be filed for each. Is that correct?

Thanks!

from Andrew

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We are filing for AOS for my spouse and kids. It is my understanding that we are to file all three forms (G-325A, I-864, and I-485) for each of them - that, regardless of age, there is none of these particular form that is not to be filed for each. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Fill out each application independantly so they "stand alone"... do not incorporate by reference to evidence included with another application... simply include copies of ALL required evidence with each application

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks!

Fill out each application independantly so they "stand alone"... do not incorporate by reference to evidence included with another application... simply include copies of ALL required evidence with each application

Thanks.

Is each to be filed/mailed separately, or should they be filed/mailed together?

from Andrew

Timeline

Thanks!

Thanks.

Is each to be filed/mailed separately, or should they be filed/mailed together?

Assemble separately, separate fee payments, it is OK to mail in same envelope

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks!

One of the kids is 11 years old. Is it necessary to complete a G325A for this child too?

from Andrew

Timeline

Thanks!

One of the kids is 11 years old. Is it necessary to complete a G325A for this child too?

The requirements for evidence and associated forms/attachments is age dependant... the fee can be different as well and will be $600 for the 11 year old if filed concurrently with the K-3

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks again!

I just mailed my I485 packet yesterday.

I485-for each of them

I864-for each of them but it's your option to send original for your wife and photocopies for the children; otherwise print all original copies

G325A- When you read the instructions, it says it is not necessary for people age between 14-79 years so I didn't submit one for my 7-year old daughter; I only did one for myself.

Don't you need I765? I submitted one for myself even if I'm authorized to work. I have a fiance visa and got a social security card. I am authorized to work. I just needed to submit an I765 although it is the application for work authorization. I needed it to get a copy of the memo or the document that proves I am authorized to work because not all employers are aware that a K1 fiance visa holder (although I am married now and that again, the K1 fiance visa and my social security card allows me to work - according to US CIS website and the Soc. Sec. Admin. employee confirmed that ) can actually work legally. That is just my case because again I have a K1 fiance visa. Apparently the I765 has a separate fee, $340.

Go over the instructions before filling the forms out so you won't miss anything. In these matters it pays to know the details. Don't miss out anything you need to write esp. your signature and date you signed the form. Before I mailed the forms yesterday I went over them, I reviewed the instructions. It took a month but of course it wasn't something that I did everyday.

Good luck!

Timeline
Thanks again!

I485-for each of them

I864-for each of them but it's your option to send original for your wife and photocopies for the children; otherwise print all original copies

G325A- When you read the instructions, it says it is not necessary for people age between 14-79 years so I didn't submit one for my 7-year old daughter; I only did one for myself.

Don't you need I765? I submitted one for myself even if I'm authorized to work. I have a fiance visa and got a social security card. I am authorized to work. I just needed to submit an I765 although it is the application for work authorization. I needed it to get a copy of the memo or the document that proves I am authorized to work because not all employers are aware that a K1 fiance visa holder (although I am married now and that again, the K1 fiance visa and my social security card allows me to work - according to US CIS website and the Soc. Sec. Admin. employee confirmed that ) can actually work legally. That is just my case because again I have a K1 fiance visa. Apparently the I765 has a separate fee, $340.

Go over the instructions before filling the forms out so you won't miss anything. In these matters it pays to know the details. Don't miss out anything you need to write esp. your signature and date you signed the form. Before I mailed the forms yesterday I went over them, I reviewed the instructions. It took a month but of course it wasn't something that I did everyday.

Good luck!

I am also planning on sending a couple of the Forms 765's and a Form 864. Is it correct to send a single Form 864, or should I complete one for each of them?

from Andrew

Timeline
Thanks again!

I485-for each of them

Good luck!

I am also planning on sending a couple of the Forms 765's and a Form 864. Is it correct to send a single Form 864, or should I complete one for each of them?

I filled out one form but attached a copy to each filing

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.