Perfect Couple

Super confused I-693 vaccination

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got my I-693 form completed today... me and my hubby went to a civil surgeon here in irving and it cost $120 all in all.

$55 - for I-693 fee

$65 - for Hepa B vaccination

I told them i already had my Hepa B vaccination when i was in college. im in nursing school. very important vaccination for us coz we are dealing with patients. But i wasnt able to get my vaccination record at school so i had no choice but to have it again. screw that!

Im done with my AOS paperwork and im ready to send it tomorrow.. sweeet.. :dance:

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

Oct. 31, 2008 - AOS packet sent to USCIS Chicago, IL via USPS

Nov. 3, 2008 - Packet delivered, 6:56 am, Chicago, IL 60680

Nov.12, 2008 - Check cashed

Nov.14, 2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

Nov.24, 2008 - I-485 transferred from Chicago Service Center to California Service Center

Dec. 5, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment -- done

Dec. 8, 2008 - I-765 Touched

Dec. 9, 2008 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 12, 2009 - EAD card and Advance Parole Received

Jan. 13, 2009 - Applied for Driver's Instruction Permit

Jan. 15, 2009 - Driving written test passed

Jan. 26, 2009 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 31, 2009 - Actual Drive test passed "got my Driver's License"

Feb.25, 2009 - Took NCLEX-RN -- PASSED--- Anais,RN

March 9, 2009 - Green Card received

March 31, 2009 - Got a JOB!!! PCU nurse in the making...

hZPK-109.gif

i called the nearest civil surgeon in our place and they cant give NUMBERS/fee. they just told me to go there and they will look at my vaccination record and fee will depend if i still need other vaccination.

This is a trick. What legit doctor won't give his fee over the phone? They figure when you come in, you will want to just get it over with, and will stay and pay whatever they ask for. Whatever you do, do not go into an exam without knowing, understanding, and agreeing to the fees beforehand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I went to see a CS in Garden Grove and the doctor told me over phone that the fee is $80. Well, surprise! It was $110 and he wanted to check my HIV and TB (I guess that's what costed extra... :angry: ).

I just don't understand why we have to go through all this twice!!!!!!! If they don't trust foreign doctors, thay should have "american ones" (this one was NOT born in USA) complete the whole thing! :angry::angry::angry: What pisses me off is the way this doctor took a look at the paper that clearly said that 1. I don't have HIV and 2. I don't have TB and said that the paper doesn't really mean anything. Then why were those tests taken in first place if they don't have any meaning?!!!!!! I'm just so upset that there are doctors like this that are allowed to have such a big part in our life and WE are the ones who have to prove ourselfes to be good enough to enter the country.

Sorry about the outburst... :blush: Just needed to let the steam out...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome the good old USA. Enjoy, you want in I want out ain't that something.

I went to see a CS in Garden Grove and the doctor told me over phone that the fee is $80. Well, surprise! It was $110 and he wanted to check my HIV and TB (I guess that's what costed extra... :angry: ).

I just don't understand why we have to go through all this twice!!!!!!! If they don't trust foreign doctors, thay should have "american ones" (this one was NOT born in USA) complete the whole thing! :angry::angry::angry: What pisses me off is the way this doctor took a look at the paper that clearly said that 1. I don't have HIV and 2. I don't have TB and said that the paper doesn't really mean anything. Then why were those tests taken in first place if they don't have any meaning?!!!!!! I'm just so upset that there are doctors like this that are allowed to have such a big part in our life and WE are the ones who have to prove ourselfes to be good enough to enter the country.

Sorry about the outburst... :blush: Just needed to let the steam out...

I-129F mailed 12-17-2007

Received at CSC 12-18-2007

NOA1 December 19 2007

NOA2 April 30 2008

NVC sent packet to Manila May 12 2008

Interview set for June 18

Visa Denial, Contested & Approved

PDOS June 23

Flight to USA June 26

Arrival at DTW Visa accepted

Welcome to America!!!

Married 07/18/2008

Applied SS 07/22/09

Applied AOS around same time

Very happily married

EAD received Sept.

AP received Sept

No RFE's ...??

AOS Appointment 04-02-2009

AOS approved! Green card to be sent 3-6 weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.