Redlinesrt_4

Dont know where to start

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I met my wife in high school thru sports.in the fall of 2004,we have been together ever since. We have proved of being together in the school year book. She had a tourist visa for a while but was stolen on Oct 2007 with passport. We never reported to immigration. We have a police repor of the incident. One of the reason i didnt let go back to Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua Mexico because of the drug wars thats going on. Shooting keep reccuring in her neighborhood. So that being said she overstayed her visa. on Feb 2008 We got married on Aug 2008, We are also pregnant 3-4 month now, baby due sometime in april of 2009. So Im trying to get her at least a temporary residency since we are married. What the possible turn out or recommendations of possible steps. Dont know what to appl=y my ife for.. K3 or IR-1/CR1. Which is faster, which one to travel sooner. I need a vacation... LOL.. We wants to see her family in mexico. We are both in az usa. Thanks you

Our info, We are both 22 of age, live in Phoenix az, Married, baby on the way she is 4 months, make about 25k a year. No criminal record, Both healthy, Plus im a US citizen (Husband).

Since your wife is an overstay the best thing to do is concurrently file an I130 immigrant petition and an I485 petition to adjust status. DO NOT leave the country until these are approved, as your wife will not be allowed to return.

i don't get it.

Timeline
Since your wife is an overstay the best thing to do is concurrently file an I130 immigrant petition and an I485 petition to adjust status. DO NOT leave the country until these are approved, as your wife will not be allowed to return.

Thanks for the fast reply. I really appreaciate it. Im going to look into it right now

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Based on the description, I would concur. Start with the Guides here for "AOS" or Adjustment of Status. There may be some complications due to the stolen passport.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Based on the description, I would concur. Start with the Guides here for "AOS" or Adjustment of Status. There may be some complications due to the stolen passport.

Yeah you are right. I knew it wasnt going to be that easy since that happended

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I met my wife in high school thru sports.in the fall of 2004,we have been together ever since. We have proved of being together in the school year book. She had a tourist visa for a while but was stolen on Oct 2007 with passport. We never reported to immigration. We have a police repor of the incident. One of the reason i didnt let go back to Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua Mexico because of the drug wars thats going on. Shooting keep reccuring in her neighborhood. So that being said she overstayed her visa. on Feb 2008 We got married on Aug 2008, We are also pregnant 3-4 month now, baby due sometime in april of 2009. So Im trying to get her at least a temporary residency since we are married. What the possible turn out or recommendations of possible steps. Dont know what to appl=y my ife for.. K3 or IR-1/CR1. Which is faster, which one to travel sooner. I need a vacation... LOL.. We wants to see her family in mexico. We are both in az usa. Thanks you

Our info, We are both 22 of age, live in Phoenix az, Married, baby on the way she is 4 months, make about 25k a year. No criminal record, Both healthy, Plus im a US citizen (Husband).

Once you file for AOS and get the NOA (receipt) her status in the U.S. is legal until such time as a decision is made on your petition. Filing for AOS is really your only option. It means she will need to remain with you in the U.S. through the process. When you file for AOS, file also for AP (no additional fee) and if granted, she can travel to Mexico and be allowed to return.

Filed: Timeline
Is there any chances of getting denied for her temporary residency witht the information I provided

Your signature image is so wide that people have to scroll to read your posts....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Is there any chances of getting denied for her temporary residency witht the information I provided

Your signature image is so wide that people have to scroll to read your posts....

Sorry I took it off...... But im gonna talk to a lawyer this friday hopefully

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If there were no chances of denial, there would be no need for a process and interview. There are no sure things in immigration.

You are petitioning and applying. If it was a sure thing, it would be called "registering".

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Well her visa (I think it was a B-2(Tourist Visa)) and her I-94 were stolen. I think my wife need to show some sort of proof that she came in legally into the country. Is there anyway i can request a copy of I-94 form?

We have her Mexican consulate ID and her Mexican consulate Passport. But has her maiden name. I already made appointment to a new one with the married name

Edited by Redlinesrt_4

Filed: Timeline
Well her visa (I think it was a B-2(Tourist Visa)) and her I-94 were stolen. I think my wife need to show some sort of proof that she came in legally into the country. Is there anyway i can request a copy of I-94 form?

We have her Mexican consulate ID and her Mexican consulate Passport. But has her maiden name. I already made appointment to a new one with the married name

Changing names in Mexico is not an easy process.

My passport has my maiden name as well, and so does my permanent resident card. My SSN has my married name.

Don't loose sight of the BIG picture. Focus on the AOS process.

Don't know about how to get a copy of the I-94. Include an affidavit that says she entered on ***** date with such and such visa (didn't she make a copy of it? from her school files maybe?).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.