kk_mine

Free Calls

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Dude, it's Sunday and my wife is 6000 miles away.

I'm offended by the wind blowing.

Enjoy your day. :innocent:

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have has MJ for well over a year, they replaced the ATA when we couldnt get it working after a years use, and we take it with us overseas and make all our free calls back to the US using it.

We have saved 100's of dollars and are very happy with the service.

There are other voip companies on the net, I use an Aussie one to call my family there for 10 cents (au) per call.

The call quality on both is little different to a landline, and I have rarely had to redial, just occasionally we get a lag or delay, which is little annoyance when you consider the tiny price we pay for all our calls.

Hope it helps, ymmv

2004 K-1 Visa Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Sydney, Australia Sep 22: I-129F Sent Approved in 89 days. Apr 4: Interview took 194 days from filing. Apr 13: LAX POE Date Marriage 5 July 2005

2005 Adjustment of Status CIS Office Aug 5: Miami FL Date Filed Aug 12: NOA Date : 2005-08-12 Aug 17: chq cashed Bio. Appt. 2006 May 2: Interview Date June 6: Interview Cancelled T'fer to CSC May 26 2006 - June 10: Approval Date : 2006-6-10 July 21: Greencard Received

2006 July 21 06 GREENCARD

2008 I751 Application sent Mar 10: Texas Service Center Mar 14: Check cashed

April 17: Infopass at Miami for 1 year extension stamp in passport due to no NOA

April 22: Biometrics - took 15 minutes April 22/23: Touched both days but no changes

2009 Feb 04 10 Year GREENCARD

Filed: Timeline

Ok thanks for your reply b/c I feel the same I am about to go broke getting calling cards and don't even talk about the issue with losing minutes and not being able to get them back. Can you do me a favor after about a month or so can you post me on how it is still working for you? Im still debating if I want to get it. Just to make sure my fiance will not need it right? and do I have to pay for intetrnational min from them? I did not understand that part. Thnx again! :thumbs:

I have been using MagicJack for the sole purpose of calling my fiancee for as long as I want. Its not my main phone. It saved us a lot of money. It has only been a week anyway but it already saved me $100 on phone cards. I bought it for $90. So if it stays the same for a month, then I would be saving $300 more. Imagine using it for 6 months, then one year....hmmm....

That is true I did read you have to pay every year to keep using it (not much though $19.95). I have not heard of Skype thanks I will look in to. My main concern now is calling cards im about to juss camp out @ the oriential market i go there so much!!! lol :) Or ask them for a job lol When I walk in they just go for the cards as they know what i want. but the cost is crazy. plus with calling cards i know it wont show me calling him but the 800#

There's no subscription, no contract. It's just a device. I bought it here in Philippines.

Not exactly....

You can purchase an additional year's service now for $19.95 USD.

http://www.magicjack.com/9/faq/

One can get similar service with Skype. A known reliable company.

Skype :Yeah I have noticed this name has come up in this post b/4 I don't know much about them but I will look in to as others have said it worked for them. Thnx! :thumbs:

Magikjack is just another flavor of Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP).

They've been around for years. A local mechanic raves about his.

I was an early adoptor to Vonage, and didn't like it because of the subscription service.

Currently I use Skype, and have rarely been disappointed.

The only time I can remember being disappointed was when I was using it in France

to call NVC. Took many calls to get through, and then I was on hold, and in the middle of talking to

a supervisor at NVC (we know that's not always easy) the call dropped.

Could've been the internet connection, could've happened with any VOIP

...so I really can't blame Skype...but it was a major disappointment.

Edited by kk_mine

WOW! I know just what you mean. I always tell him that distance is our enemy right now.. (so to speak) :( .. I just hope I can find a better way of calling him b/c these calling cards are killin me..

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I (L) Vonage.. we have had it for over 2 years now with 0 problems...

WOW, that's quite an endorsement. Does your husband know about this affair that's been going on for 2 years,

or is it a ...

hold on...

wait for it...

wait for it....

Or is it a 3 way? :)

:lol:

We used Skype. And for calls originating in Germany, 30 minute calls for free at Peter Zaht

Edited by jundp

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

So would my fiance need anything on his end? such as a mj? or I just need it? b/c he cant afford internet service/computer.. Sorry for the quest..... lil lost? :blush:

I have has MJ for well over a year, they replaced the ATA when we couldnt get it working after a years use, and we take it with us overseas and make all our free calls back to the US using it.

We have saved 100's of dollars and are very happy with the service.

There are other voip companies on the net, I use an Aussie one to call my family there for 10 cents (au) per call.

The call quality on both is little different to a landline, and I have rarely had to redial, just occasionally we get a lag or delay, which is little annoyance when you consider the tiny price we pay for all our calls.

Hope it helps, ymmv

Edited by kk_mine

I see a lot of the mj on ebay. One says she paid for 5 yrs of service & if you get it from her the 5yrs will go to you (xfer over) free shipping & handln. So I will let you know if I get one. Right now I'm just watching bids in my account. I did look in to Skype I think it is called. I was mad as one of the phones I wanted they don't have the prod. in the US. :( Saw a good deal on the phone on ebay as well. Still very undecided! *BIG Sigh* :unsure:

Edited by kk_mine

Timeline

I'm sure I'm going to have a hell of a time canceling my Vonage service at the end of the month. In some cases I've heard people complain that they hung up on them wanting to cancel their service, and in other times, just kept offering them better deals rather than letting them cancel like they called to do.

:rofl: that is funny!!! i guess they say no one will cancel our service we will juss hang up on them! lol I know of Vonage but I might look in to them as well. How do you like them (as you say you want to cancel)? juss wonderin, if you don't mind as i need to find something better then calling cards. I have them (calling cards) all saved.. you should see how many I have, WOW! :blink: I know they dont take as evidence but I'm saving them neole way.

I'm sure I'm going to have a hell of a time canceling my Vonage service at the end of the month. In some cases I've heard people complain that they hung up on them wanting to cancel their service, and in other times, just kept offering them better deals rather than letting them cancel like they called to do.
Edited by kk_mine

Timeline

They are decent, I suppose. I've had many issues calling Greece lately, but not sure if it's a Vonage problem or Greece problem. Greece tends to have quite a bit of issues like this because of how they manage things. If this were England or the U.S. there'd be no ambiguity.

The rates are very decent, but this is assuming you talk a lot and would rather get a plan, which means a minimum $24/month plus whatever other plan. Their per-minute plans are just like almost everyone else's because there's a charge in order just to call outside the country that they have to pass along to you. I'd be sure if getting a plan through them that Nigeria is covered for unlimited minutes.

Well I could not help it I juss bought a calling card online.. darn it! :lol: I want to call him now. But I need to take the time to search and compare like buying a new car! As the calling card company is and prob still will cont to be a big business and I'm getting tired of giving them my $.. Esp when we are not connected and they take away min. :angry: and when you call they wont give the min back.. i'm like come on i'm not saying I want the money back.

Thanks for letting me know about them. I will have to make the time to search and see what companies can offer us! Wow! unlimited calls to my baby.. now that sounds sweet! :P

They are decent, I suppose. I've had many issues calling Greece lately, but not sure if it's a Vonage problem or Greece problem. Greece tends to have quite a bit of issues like this because of how they manage things. If this were England or the U.S. there'd be no ambiguity.

The rates are very decent, but this is assuming you talk a lot and would rather get a plan, which means a minimum $24/month plus whatever other plan. Their per-minute plans are just like almost everyone else's because there's a charge in order just to call outside the country that they have to pass along to you. I'd be sure if getting a plan through them that Nigeria is covered for unlimited minutes.

Edited by kk_mine

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you have the magic jack plugged into your computer that is on a broadband connection, your telephone handset plugs into it and you call out the same as usual from any normal landline.

You can place a call to any phone, local and national calls are free but overseas landline or mobile have charges. Phone anywhere in the world, just check what the rates are to the country you are calling.

If your SO has broadband, it is possible to send them the magicjack and they can call the USA from there using the free local calls.

<www.magicjack.com>

(I have no interest in the company apart from being a happy customer)

So would my fiance need anything on his end? such as a mj? or I just need it? b/c he cant afford internet service/computer.. Sorry for the quest..... lil lost? :blush:

2004 K-1 Visa Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Sydney, Australia Sep 22: I-129F Sent Approved in 89 days. Apr 4: Interview took 194 days from filing. Apr 13: LAX POE Date Marriage 5 July 2005

2005 Adjustment of Status CIS Office Aug 5: Miami FL Date Filed Aug 12: NOA Date : 2005-08-12 Aug 17: chq cashed Bio. Appt. 2006 May 2: Interview Date June 6: Interview Cancelled T'fer to CSC May 26 2006 - June 10: Approval Date : 2006-6-10 July 21: Greencard Received

2006 July 21 06 GREENCARD

2008 I751 Application sent Mar 10: Texas Service Center Mar 14: Check cashed

April 17: Infopass at Miami for 1 year extension stamp in passport due to no NOA

April 22: Biometrics - took 15 minutes April 22/23: Touched both days but no changes

2009 Feb 04 10 Year GREENCARD

Thanks for the info. He does not have $ to have internet plus they lose electricity A lot! So it will be me calling him. Yeah I did check the cost to call that country. Thanks again! :)

If you have the magic jack plugged into your computer that is on a broadband connection, your telephone handset plugs into it and you call out the same as usual from any normal landline.

You can place a call to any phone, local and national calls are free but overseas landline or mobile have charges. Phone anywhere in the world, just check what the rates are to the country you are calling.

If your SO has broadband, it is possible to send them the magicjack and they can call the USA from there using the free local calls.

<www.magicjack.com>

(I have no interest in the company apart from being a happy customer)