Pinay Wife

To My Fellow Filipinas

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
He said he is an Organizer. I think what he does is to move threads in the proper forum. I feel though that he, as an Organizer, has a responsibility to be objective in the things that he writes here because people usually look up to the Mods and Organizers as persons of authority. As an Organizer, he should be objective, does not add fire to the provocation and does not take sides. His wife also caused a Filipina uprising in the past when the wife posted a nasty comment in a thread. You kinda lose respect for people like that. At any rate, all that is in the past now and is best forgotten. Let go na lang.

i'm glad you finally know what an organizer is (although the title alone should have been a major clue). <_<

while it's all well and wonderful that you think or feel organizers should be objective and have these imagined responsibilities, you are once again confusing a moderator with an organizer. organizer's objectivity, along with the mission statement for organizers, is detailed here in ewok's first post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=322

--------------------------

Moving Guide

When Not to Move:

There will always be overlap between forums so often a topic may fit equally well in both. If this is the case the topic should remain in the original forum it was posted in.

If a topic contains issues that are related to more than one forum(s) theme but however the initial AND primary topic relates to the Forum it is currently in then the topic should not be moved.

If a topic seems out of place but does not have a clear forum it could be moved to, then it should be left where it was posted.

Example: Person A discusses a general K1 question but then also talks about Adjustment of Status and other issues. In this case the topic should remain in the K1 forum since their initial and primary topic was K1 related but then they also discussed other issues.

When to move:

The initial AND primary theme of a topic does not fit the description of the Forum it was posted in and another forum's description fits the thread's theme MUCH better. In this case the topic should be moved to the correct Forum.

General Rule:

--o If the initial and primary theme of a topic does not relate to the forum it is in and another forum is MUCH more applicable then it can be moved.

--o If there is any ambiguity or the topic seems vague and clearly does not have another forum that fits MUCH better then leave it where it is.

Special Rules

Topics in the Regional Forums area can contain the following (without being moved):

--o General discussion on issues relating to that relevant region

--o Immigration Discussion of topics specific to that region (ex: special embassy procedures, help on finding local doctors, etc)

--o Off Topic Discussion intended to be of interest to the specific regional forum participants (cultural discussion, local food, travel, etc)

Topics in the Regional Forums area should be moved to the proper forums for

--o Discussions on general immigration steps (especially those steps before and after embassy processing) Note: Do not move topics unless you have read them to be sure they are "general" in nature. Some times they may contain regional issues that may not appear in the topic title. If in doubt, do not move the topic.

----------------

as a 4 year member of vj, you should be more aware of how the board works. nowhere have i seen anything from ewok that holds organizers to a higher level of conduct than that detailed in the tos vj tos . in summary, i'm very disappointed that you continue to assume things.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I was expecting to be banned after I posted a nasty comment in a thread that was offensive to us Filipinas. I received a PM from a Moderator (she was nice and very objective) which said that she did not see any reason that I should receive a ban right now. However, I was also advised to please stop perpetuating the issue.

I reported the offensive post that prompted me to make a nasty comment and it was immediately removed by the Mods. Other racially motivated posts were also removed from that thread.

May I request beautiful ladies that from hereon, when you see a post that is offensive to the Filipina, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND. Instead, report the poster immediately by clicking on their VJ name. A pull down menu will appear, then click "Report Member".

I am sure that eventually the attacks will stop if we are VIGILANT in reporting the offenders.

Thank you for your cooperation. Mabuhay ang mga Pinay!

p.s. I shed off my Gabriela Silang persona and bolo at balik na sa pagiging Demi Moore (demure).

I know exactly of the post you are talking about and having a Filipina Fiance

and future wife, it really upset me too. I will not take lightly any offensive remarks about Filipino peoples or my own ancestry for that matter. Like you say, I WILL REPORT anyone who has any offensive remarks, immaterial who are they pointed too,race, country,etc. This is a site is to help people going thru the VISA process and share our own experiences. There is no room for any racial motived posts. It OK to feel proud of you own ancestry and most people like me always enjoy learning about different culture and believes as long it is done in a proper and respected format.

Cheers..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am with you there Eros. How could anyone even assume that when you start throwing fire at someone, they expect to be tolerated? As for me, moderator or not, if you are a member, do your job - and that is to be objective all the time.

I was expecting to be banned after I posted a nasty comment in a thread that was offensive to us Filipinas. I received a PM from a Moderator (she was nice and very objective) which said that she did not see any reason that I should receive a ban right now. However, I was also advised to please stop perpetuating the issue.

I reported the offensive post that prompted me to make a nasty comment and it was immediately removed by the Mods. Other racially motivated posts were also removed from that thread.

May I request beautiful ladies that from hereon, when you see a post that is offensive to the Filipina, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND. Instead, report the poster immediately by clicking on their VJ name. A pull down menu will appear, then click "Report Member".

I am sure that eventually the attacks will stop if we are VIGILANT in reporting the offenders.

Thank you for your cooperation. Mabuhay ang mga Pinay!

p.s. I shed off my Gabriela Silang persona and bolo at balik na sa pagiging Demi Moore (demure).

I know exactly of the post you are talking about and having a Filipina Fiance

and future wife, it really upset me too. I will not take lightly any offensive remarks about Filipino peoples or my own ancestry for that matter. Like you say, I WILL REPORT anyone who has any offensive remarks, immaterial who are they pointed too,race, country,etc. This is a site is to help people going thru the VISA process and share our own experiences. There is no room for any racial motived posts. It OK to feel proud of you own ancestry and most people like me always enjoy learning about different culture and believes as long it is done in a proper and respected format.

Cheers..

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline
As for me, moderator or not, if you are a member, do your job - and that is to be objective all the time.

where does it say that's our job? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Oh I see how you are charles... It's not your JOB. It's a social responsibility. oh well... too bad.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

Timeline
Oh I see how you are charles... It's not your JOB. It's a social responsibility. oh well... too bad.

so now social responsibilities are in play on vj?

are there any more red herrings you wish to throw into here?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Well, I hate to say this. You seem to have a very defensive mood today. I'll leave you alone. :P

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Timeline
Well, I hate to say this. You seem to have a very defensive mood today. I'll leave you alone. :P

you're mistaking amusement for defensive. you should get that checked out.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

oh hopeless... :rofl::rofl:

I knew I would generate a reaction. LOL

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Timeline
oh hopeless... :rofl::rofl:

I knew I would generate a reaction. LOL

that you do. i've got a beer so hopefully it should go away.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

i'm glad you finally know what an organizer is (although the title alone should have been a major clue). <_<

Yes, and thank you again for pointing that out to me. As I said to you earlier, I didn't care to look because I didn't care about titles and number of hearts and boxes, etc. etc. Again, my bad. Will you be able to forgive me for that faux pas?

as a 4 year member of vj, you should be more aware of how the board works. nowhere have i seen anything from ewok that holds organizers to a higher level of conduct than that detailed in the tos vj tos . in summary, i'm very disappointed that you continue to assume things.

I assume Ewok does not pay you as you do this on a voluntary basis so I guess he cannot impose anything on you. From the standpoint of regular members however, we view Mods and Organizers at a higher level because there is a natural respect that comes with your title. The Ewok did not choose you to be an Organizer if he felt that you were not a notch above us regular members. You, therefore, are expected to behave in a certain way in view of your title. Why do you think there are a lot of complaints that you are biased and you join in the bashing? It is because people do not expect that from someone who is a notch above us.

I'm also disappointed that you don't have as much respect for your title the way we do.

To my fellow Filipinas, this is a good time to discuss our issues with Charles and hopefully he can bridge the gap between us and the Filipina haters.

I would be grateful for objective posts.

Peace, charles!

People, just let this thing rest. We all can go on and on with this and it's not going to make things any better. I have seen fault from both sides to all of this. PEACE!!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

I think the point is, it does not matter whether you are a moderator, organizer, or just a plain member. We all acknowledge the fact that we have differences in perceptions, beliefs, principles, culture, etc. That however, does not give us the freedom to go ahead and feel entitled to degrade or belittle anybody, Filipina or not.

These things are NOT pointed out for the purpose of getting back at anybody. It is a reminder.

Edited by HappyDancer

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Timeline

Yes, and thank you again for pointing that out to me. As I said to you earlier, I didn't care to look because I didn't care about titles and number of hearts and boxes, etc. etc. Again, my bad. Will you be able to forgive me for that faux pas?

I assume Ewok does not pay you as you do this on a voluntary basis so I guess he cannot impose anything on you. From the standpoint of regular members however, we view Mods and Organizers at a higher level because there is a natural respect that comes with your title. The Ewok did not choose you to be an Organizer if he felt that you were not a notch above us regular members. You, therefore, are expected to behave in a certain way in view of your title. Why do you think there are a lot of complaints that you are biased and you join in the bashing? It is because people do not expect that from someone who is a notch above us.

I'm also disappointed that you don't have as much respect for your title the way we do.

To my fellow Filipinas, this is a good time to discuss our issues with Charles and hopefully he can bridge the gap between us and the Filipina haters.

Peace, charles!

ewok does not pay anyone here, even the mods. it's all voluntary.

as for mods and organizers being a notch above the regular members, we're no different than anyone else here. we are allowed to have opinions, but pretty much only the mods refrain from voicing how they really feel as they's then have to suspend themselves :lol:

as for how ewok chooses organizers, that's a mystery. however, i'd hazard a guess that it is related to having a bit of knowledge about the board and the various forums here, along with what topics should be in which. there's no official swearing in ceremony, no secret handshake or passwords given out, no special symbols that we are made aware of, nor do we have to sign any non-disclosure forms.

as for what you think i did so wrong in that thread, maybe you should point out specifically what it is. i'm suspecting it's a perception issue on your part.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Peace, charles!

MAYBE CHARLES NEEDS A BIT OF A BREAK, HE IS VERY OBJECTIVE, COMPARED TO SOME OF THE OTHER MODS HERE. HE STILL ENJOYS TAKING AN ACTIVE ROLE IN MANY OF THE TOPICS HERE. THERE ARE A FEW MODS WHO ONLY COME HERE AND MODERATE. IT IS ALMOST LIKE HAVING A STRANGER OVER FOR DINNER.

IMHO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.