esoll

Processing time question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Looking at the process flow for a K1 visa. The processing time for my juridiction (California) is listed as 6 months.

Does this 6 months period start fromt the filling of the form I129 to the second notice (NOA2)?

or to the K1 visa approval?

Thanks.

Esoll

they just the other day changed the timeline to a flat 6 months.we all need to join and watch timelines to see if this is happening.our 6 month timeframe is coming nov 1,2008.but im sure some will be approved as soon as 4 months still.just varies by country and who gets picked for extra security checks :crying:

Filed: Timeline
Looking at the process flow for a K1 visa. The processing time for my juridiction (California) is listed as 6 months.

Does this 6 months period start fromt the filling of the form I129 to the second notice (NOA2)?

or to the K1 visa approval?

Thanks.

Esoll

6 months from NOA 1 to NOA 2. This isn't set in stone. It could go quicker or it could go slower (hopefully it goes quicker). Add another 2-5 months after the NOA 2 before you get your visa. This is dependent upon how things go at NVC and how quickly you get your interview from the embassy.

Good luck.

Edited by Devkpaik

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My friends case was about 4 months to I129F approval and only 5 weeks to visa. Keep in mind that there is quite a difference between countries. On October 7th, May 20 applications were being processed and today, June 14 although it seems to have frozen in time the last 48 hours (CSC). I am expecting approval in about a week.

Good luck to you

I wouldn't even check the USCIS page...it is never up to date ..i would say if everything keeps moving like it has been about 4 months til you get the NOA2.

DR

I agree with you, most seem to be about 4 months. :dance: I hope were that lucky.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just wanted to clarify that throughout the petition stage of the application at the uscis the Country of the beneficiary has very little to do with processing times between NOA1 and NOA2 (aka I-797's).

It is not until the petition is approved and sent on the NVC and then to the Consulate that the beneficiary's Country of origin comes into play.

What holds folks up is security checks which are done at every single stage of this process. Here is a list of the checks done at each level.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.