wizzard1663

Interview and Getting the Visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I heard from another petitioner I met while vacationing with my Fiance that he attended the Interview. He told me he thought it might help in the approval process, and he also said they waited overnight to pick up the Visa the next day.

Can any of you verify whether or not the American Petitioner is permitted to sit in on his Fiance's interview in the Manila Consulate? Were any of you able to stay overnight near the Embassy and pick up the approved Visa the next day, or must you wait for it to be delivered by mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I heard from another petitioner I met while vacationing with my Fiance that he attended the Interview. He told me he thought it might help in the approval process, and he also said they waited overnight to pick up the Visa the next day.

Can any of you verify whether or not the American Petitioner is permitted to sit in on his Fiance's interview in the Manila Consulate? Were any of you able to stay overnight near the Embassy and pick up the approved Visa the next day, or must you wait for it to be delivered by mail.

I am not sure about your particular consulate you would have to contact them to varify that, but my fiance is going to one in Canada and I know if I had wanted I would have been able to sit in for the interview with him. Again as to how long it is before you can pick it up depends on your consulate. For my fiance's as long as all goes well he can get his visa the very next day. It is best if you contact your consulate they should have a website and an email address and you can ask them the questions. They can better answer for you.

Maybe this can be some assistance: Consular Section Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila, Philippines 1000

American Citizens Service Tel. No. : (632) 301-2000 extension 2555, 2246

Fax : (632) 301-2017

Non-Immigrant Visa

Via PLDT or SMART (with NDD or IDD access): Tel. No. 1-909-101-7878

The number will be available for GLOBE subscribers shortly.

Seafarer Call Center: Tel. No. 1-909-101-7878

Callers in the USA can also contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. There is a fee assessed to callers by the call center for its services.

Immigrant Visa Calls within the Philippines, via PLDT: Tel. No. 1-909-101-7878

Callers in the USA can also contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. There is a fee assessed to callers by the call center for its services.

DkICm5.png

399Um5.png

Yes, you can go with your fiancée during her interview but it not a gurantee to fast track her visa.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That would depend entirely on the CO interviewing your fiance, whether you are allowed to sit in or if you can pickup the visa. When i was at the embassy, Ive seen some petitioners being denied access to the interview. After the interview is over and its approved, the applicant can ask the CO if he/she can pickup the visa. But i doubt if you can pick it up the next day. It depends on the case, it could be 3 days to 2 months.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have confirmation you CAN request to pick up the visa. I am told it usually takes 1 to 3 days for processing, but I was also told since there is a high volume of visa ready for processing, the time might be longer. This is up to the CO; not sure why. You are not allowed to be in the room during interview, but you are allowed in the embassy waiting area.

That is what I was told via phone call to embassy.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Oh and I am not sure about Manila but my hubby came to the interview and they could care less. They actually told him to go and sit down while they were dealing with me.

Removal of conditions...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

During my interview there are many couples (k1) are joining thier fiancee in the interview. i think there no problem, if there will be, the consul will tell you.

As for visa delivery, after the interview, you will be instructed to proceed to the Delbors booth, there you will right you address as to where will you visa be sent. If you are just around manila, you will received it within 3 days. If you want to wait for the next day, you need to tell that to the consul if he agrees or not and prepare a valid reason. I knew people who have been granted and they picked it up on the next day, others are not.

Im my K1 visa trail link, i have posted there about changing visa delivery address, if you find it useful feel free to visit, just scroll down and look for the title you are looking for.

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Ronnie and Kris

Thanks for the info and most important of all best wishes for a good interview on October 20.

I see you vacationed at a beach hotel in a place called Bohol. I'm not sure where that is, but I went back to visit my Maria last April for two weeks, and we vacationed on Cebu at a place called Plantation Bay. We had a great time for a week, after a few nights in Manilla/Makati. The place we stayed at in Manilla is called the Dusit Thani, and it was spectacular. After Cebu we went back to her home town of Tarlac and I spent time meeting her whole family, and building a photo album. While we were at Plantation Bay we met a couple who went through all of this a year before, and the husband told me he went with her to the interview and felt it was an assist to the approval. I thought he meant he sat in the interview, but maybe he felt just being seen was a good thing. He said they were able to stay overnight at a hotel close by and get the Visa the next day.

I'm wondering about a few things you can likely answer for me at this point. When the Vermont Center approves you, I've wondered if I will get an email notice (I set up the online account) before a certificate in the mail. From your timeline I'm thinking that is the case, since you mention a hard copy coming on 09-06 and an approval notice on 09-01. Was the approval notice the email? One thing that confused me from your timeline was approval notice on 09-01 and Arrived NVC 09-03. What does that mean? Isnt NVC Vermont Center, and aren't they the ones giving approval? If so why would the notice be arriving in Vermont on 09-03 after it was granted 09-01? What is the letter from NVC on 09-08? Isn't that the hard copy received on 09-06?

The other big question in my mind is whether we have any choice in the Interview date. Once you get NOAH 2, can you call the Embassy in Manilla and schedule an interview date?, or do we need to wait until they send a notice of the date via regular mail. Do they send the notice of the interview date to the Fiance with that package they mail? Will I get a notice of the interview date, or do I have to find out from my Fiance.

Did you keep phone logs and copies of emails. I was doing that until many months ago, but stopped because the attorney firm I used to review my petition told me they dont ask for those anymore.

Thanks for your help with information, and again I'm rooting for you big time on October 20. I see you are from Georgia. I'm not that much further South in Boca Raton FL.

Carl

I have confirmation you CAN request to pick up the visa. I am told it usually takes 1 to 3 days for processing, but I was also told since there is a high volume of visa ready for processing, the time might be longer. This is up to the CO; not sure why. You are not allowed to be in the room during interview, but you are allowed in the embassy waiting area.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey Ronnie and Kris

Thanks for the info and most important of all best wishes for a good interview on October 20.

I see you vacationed at a beach hotel in a place called Bohol. I'm not sure where that is, but I went back to visit my Maria last April for two weeks, and we vacationed on Cebu at a place called Plantation Bay. We had a great time for a week, after a few nights in Manilla/Makati. The place we stayed at in Manilla is called the Dusit Thani, and it was spectacular. After Cebu we went back to her home town of Tarlac and I spent time meeting her whole family, and building a photo album. While we were at Plantation Bay we met a couple who went through all of this a year before, and the husband told me he went with her to the interview and felt it was an assist to the approval. I thought he meant he sat in the interview, but maybe he felt just being seen was a good thing. He said they were able to stay overnight at a hotel close by and get the Visa the next day.

I'm wondering about a few things you can likely answer for me at this point. When the Vermont Center approves you, I've wondered if I will get an email notice (I set up the online account) before a certificate in the mail. From your timeline I'm thinking that is the case, since you mention a hard copy coming on 09-06 and an approval notice on 09-01. Was the approval notice the email? One thing that confused me from your timeline was approval notice on 09-01 and Arrived NVC 09-03. What does that mean? Isnt NVC Vermont Center, and aren't they the ones giving approval? If so why would the notice be arriving in Vermont on 09-03 after it was granted 09-01? What is the letter from NVC on 09-08? Isn't that the hard copy received on 09-06? I received a notice from USCIS in Vermont, and a day or so later I received a letter from National Visa Center. The USCIS stated my K1 had been sent to NVC. I didn't receive a email that I can remember, but I did check the site. There I saw a change in the date, then clicked on the case number. I see that the visa is approved, and information is sent to NVC. The 'Notice of Action', NOA2 came in the mail in Sept. right after the letter stating NVC had received my packet.

The other big question in my mind is whether we have any choice in the Interview date. Once you get NOAH 2, can you call the Embassy in Manilla and schedule an interview date?, or do we need to wait until they send a notice of the date via regular mail. Do they send the notice of the interview date to the Fiance with that package they mail? Will I get a notice of the interview date, or do I have to find out from my Fiance.

YES, you can pick your day for interview. Initially the person that answered the phone at the US Embassy in Manila tried to give us interview day on OCT. 7, but I told him she would not have medical yet. I then said I would like to have Oct. 20, and he looked.. he said, Okay, 7 am is available..

Did you keep phone logs and copies of emails. I was doing that until many months ago, but stopped because the attorney firm I used to review my petition told me they dont ask for those anymore. Kris printed several emails, and a few txt messages.. not too many.

Thanks for your help with information, and again I'm rooting for you big time on October 20. I see you are from Georgia. I'm not that much further South in Boca Raton FL.

Carl

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.