lazulineiris

October 2008 Filers With The CSC

319 posts in this topic

Hi Spikeflip and Ed+Cindy -

No! It's not just the two of you! We're still stuck here too - no news on our case either :( We're #32 on Igor's list. I've just been checking the USCIS website now and then - it still says they received our file October ...

D

o you think it will help to contact our congresspeople? I mean I'm of the opinion that our whole outdated, unjust, ineffective immigration and asylum system needs to be completely reformed right?! (just waiting on Pres. Obama to have some spare time for this topic!) But if it would help on our cases I would certainly give it a try! My congressmember wrote a letter of support when my fiance came for a tourist visit and he got the visa no problem here in Paris - but our congressmember's staff also told us that post 9/11 personal letters etc. don't make much of a difference... Anyways, we don't have any reason to worry as far as I know, so I'm trying to be patient. :blush:

Last year we had scheduled our US wedding for August (reserved the place and everything) but we're feeling like it's becoming a bit of pressure with the timing and still no news on the visa... so we're thinking of postponing - just to deal with the visa (and life in general!) and then plan things and have plenty of time to plan and prep for the big day - without stress! We just don't want the wedding to weigh on us when it should be all about love, fun and excitement. (in fact that's how it was until we felt the months ticking by and felt stuck - not wanting to move forward with plans while not knowing if he'd get the visa, etc.!)

Well, hang in there you two and let us know if you hear anything!

Best wishes,

M&R

spikeyflip, how are you? Have you heard anything?

I am still waiting......

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kenneme. While misery loves company, I am sorry to see you stuck too.

The immigration system is terrible here. “outdated, unjust, and ineffective” are just a start. The fact that family based immigration is given such poor treatment, while we continue to let foreign workers in on H1B (and other) visas by the planeload just baffle me.

Having gone through the reverse process myself to acquire residency in New Zealand, I can even more state that our system is terrible, My immigration to permanent residency in NZ was smooth and everyone I dealt with was polite and responsive.

I think congressional pressure is the only way some people have been able to get their petitions out of USCIS. If another month passes for us without approval, I will start having my congressman and senator contact them. I will also do the InfoPass and formal inquiry and then pending the outcome, a formal Ombudsman complaint.

We did have a congressman’s letter to help with entry as a visitor, but it didn’t help us.

There is no reason this type of processing should take the USCIS quoted 6 months. In reality, there is really no reason other than laziness that a petition approval should take more than a month.

Are you living in France now? Or just a visit? If you live there, why didn’t you process this at the consulate there and avoid USCIS?

Hope you hear something soon.

Ed

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

skparker, that is really great you got the interview date.

Ed+Cindy, kennema and skyflip, I hope you will get good news soon.

K-1

10/6/2008: I-129F

4/14/2009: Visa in hand

5/17/2009: POE (Yaaaay!!)

AOS

9/8/2009: Sent I-765, I-485

12/7/2009: Interview

2/27/2010: GC in hands!! Thanks to GOD!!

ROC

11/21/2011: Sent I-751

11/23/2011: Package received

11/28/2011: Check cashed

11/23/2011: NOA dated

12/1/2011 : NOA received

1/03/2012 : Called USCIS for bio letter

1/16/2012 : Biometrics Notice Date

1/21/2012 : Biometrics Letter

2/13/2012 : Biometrics Appointment

4/27/2012 : Decision of Date

5/3/2012 : Notice of Approval

6/1/2012 : GC in hand :-D

Hi Spikeflip and Ed+Cindy -

No! It's not just the two of you! We're still stuck here too - no news on our case either :( We're #32 on Igor's list. I've just been checking the USCIS website now and then - it still says they received our file October ...

D

o you think it will help to contact our congresspeople? I mean I'm of the opinion that our whole outdated, unjust, ineffective immigration and asylum system needs to be completely reformed right?! (just waiting on Pres. Obama to have some spare time for this topic!) But if it would help on our cases I would certainly give it a try! My congressmember wrote a letter of support when my fiance came for a tourist visit and he got the visa no problem here in Paris - but our congressmember's staff also told us that post 9/11 personal letters etc. don't make much of a difference... Anyways, we don't have any reason to worry as far as I know, so I'm trying to be patient. :blush:

Last year we had scheduled our US wedding for August (reserved the place and everything) but we're feeling like it's becoming a bit of pressure with the timing and still no news on the visa... so we're thinking of postponing - just to deal with the visa (and life in general!) and then plan things and have plenty of time to plan and prep for the big day - without stress! We just don't want the wedding to weigh on us when it should be all about love, fun and excitement. (in fact that's how it was until we felt the months ticking by and felt stuck - not wanting to move forward with plans while not knowing if he'd get the visa, etc.!)

Well, hang in there you two and let us know if you hear anything!

Best wishes,

M&R

spikeyflip, how are you? Have you heard anything?

I am still waiting......

I'm so sorry to hear you guys are stuck right now :(

If you feel contacting your congressman would help, then do it :) I think you have waited very patiently thus far.

If you both get approved in the next month or 2 that would put you in April. Your case will then be forwarded automatically to NVC and they will send you a letter with your new case number (LND...) (dont lose this...u schedule your medical with it). This takes anywhere from 1 week to a few months for people who get extra background checks. I would say, on the safe side, you are in that process for a month. Which puts you in May. After the NVC, you get your medical done and your embassy will be scheduling your interview. If you want to know your interview date ASAP, call up your embassy and ask to have your interview scheduled or write them a letter. I would say for your August wedding, you are pretty safe on time. Thats in 5 more months....granted it is the government and you cant rely on no one for this.

So my only suggestion is to contact your local congressman ASAP and start getting the ball rolling...that way you arent stressed the closer it gets to the wedding.

Good luck with everything and I hope you get an approval sometime soon! :thumbs:

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Sent: 5-20-09

Arrived: 5-25-09 (date on NOA1)

Cashed check: 6-2-09

NOA Date: 6-1-09

Touch: 6-3-09

Touch 6-5-09

Bio Apt Letter Received: 6-8-09 (letter dated 6-4-09)

Biometrics Apt: 6-19-09 @ 8:00AM DONE

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-5-09

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

HOLY ###### WE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked my email and we got the "notice of approval sent" - I can't believe it!!! whooooopeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

For the record I still think the system sucks - but I'm happy for today!

Whoever said they should have a praying smiley face was right - thankful prayers tonight and continued prayers for the rest of you still waiting!!

- Megan

(pardon my french, so to speak!)

Thank you Skparker for the timeline reassurance - that's very helpful! I'll try to relax a bit now :)

I just checked my email and we got the "notice of approval sent" - I can't believe it!!! whooooopeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

For the record I still think the system sucks - but I'm happy for today!

Whoever said they should have a praying smiley face was right - thankful prayers tonight and continued prayers for the rest of you still waiting!!

- Megan

(pardon my french, so to speak!)

Thank you Skparker for the timeline reassurance - that's very helpful! I'll try to relax a bit now :)

Oh Im SOOOO EXCITED for you!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! :dancing:

I know it feel sooooooooo GREAT to see that approval :-D

haha yea i said they need that darn praying face!!! I'm still waiting, duno where to put in my requests for those, hahaha

:thumbs::dance:

K-1 Journey - Please see our timeline

Got IL Drivers License: 7-18-09

New Job Started: 7-20-09

I-485

Cashed check: 6-2-09

Touch 6-5-09

Transfer Date: 6-19-09 to California Service Center

Touch: 6-22-09

Touch: 6-25-09

Touch: 8-17-09

Approval Date: 10-8-09 Card production & 10-14-09

Green Card Received: 10-17-09

EAD

Touch: 6-22-09 (received and pending)

Card Production Ordered: 7-7-09

Touch: 7-8-09

Received Card in Mail: 7-10-09

AP

Approval Date: 6-30-09

Uscis says we were approved 6-30-09 but nothing was updated until 7-2-09 and i didnt receive any email until 7-2-09 from CRIS

Received in Mail : 7-6-09

File I-751: 7/2011

Congrats to you. That's two remaining October filers that got approved yesterday.

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats !! :thumbs:

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! Thats wonderful news!!! :thumbs:

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Congratulations!! I am so glad you got it!!

Ed+Cindy and skyflip, you will be next soon!!

K-1

10/6/2008: I-129F

4/14/2009: Visa in hand

5/17/2009: POE (Yaaaay!!)

AOS

9/8/2009: Sent I-765, I-485

12/7/2009: Interview

2/27/2010: GC in hands!! Thanks to GOD!!

ROC

11/21/2011: Sent I-751

11/23/2011: Package received

11/28/2011: Check cashed

11/23/2011: NOA dated

12/1/2011 : NOA received

1/03/2012 : Called USCIS for bio letter

1/16/2012 : Biometrics Notice Date

1/21/2012 : Biometrics Letter

2/13/2012 : Biometrics Appointment

4/27/2012 : Decision of Date

5/3/2012 : Notice of Approval

6/1/2012 : GC in hand :-D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

bumping this thread up :PNOA 2 watch going now for uh approximately 150 days now

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

bumping this thread up :PNOA 2 watch going now for uh approximately 150 days now

No news on my end here. We are a week away from 5 months.

However, I was encouraged to see two other October filers get approved early this week.

Maybe one day.....

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Timeline

Hold in there guys... when it happens, it will be full steam ahead {{{HUGZ}}}

Ed + Cindy were going to be neighbours :D My better half is from OR too, from a a small town in Grand County ...

Edited by AnnexoxShay

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Ed + Cindy were going to be neighbours :D My better half is from OR too, from a a small town in Grand County ...

Nice to welcome an Aussie to Oregon. I lived in NZ for several years and have grown attached to down under laid back culture :)

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Timeline

Nice to welcome an Aussie to Oregon. I lived in NZ for several years and have grown attached to down under laid back culture :)

Thank You :D Ive never had the pleasure of visiting NZ ... Maybe one of our trips to Oz we can go and visit .. Im surprised there is quit a few Aussies and NZ'ers on the boards, I read somewhere there is something like 75+ Australians living in Bend, they have their very own social group and everything started by a US/Aussie couple .... wish I kept the link they have an Aussie Souvenire store selling Akubra's, food and other odds and ends ...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.