beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Glad to hear that more couples are finally together now! That's great! We still have about 5 weeks to wait...it's coming....

best of luck on the interview..it will be a smooth interview and hope you will be with your SO very soon!be patience (F)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Just a quick update, though most of you probably see my facebook. Everything is well. Hopefully I'll be getting the keys to my new place soon, I'm really excited about that. I have also been seeing someone from work for about a month. It's a bit strange going from a long distance relationship, where you are used to being on your own a lot, to seeing someone nearly everyday but I'm slowly getting used to it. He knows all about what happened with Tom and the visa and he's ok about it.

I haven't spoken to Tom for a month or so but as far as I am aware he has settled in fine in Alabama, however talking to some friends he does seem to have cut himself off from all his friends in the UK.

Hope all of you are doing well.

very good to hear that you been seeing someone for a while now..congratulations!best of luck to you and the new chapter in life :dance:

Timeline
I've been avoiding VJ lately mainly it makes me nervous about everything then I drive everyone around me crazy :) lol My interview is at Vancouver this Thursday. I leave on Tuesday..wish me luck..eeek.

dont be so nervous..just be prepared and everything will be good. best of luck on your interview...hope you get your visa very soon! (F)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First of all HELLO everyone !!!! :D

It's been a super long time since I last posted on here, however I have had a quick read over everyone's posts and everyone seems happy and moving swiftly along to the finishing line, which is great to see!!!

I am glad to say that Mike and I had our Visa approved. Mike came over for a weeks visit recently, and coincidence should have it that My visa interview and medical were scheduled for the day after he arrived in London; therefore he got to come with me!!! I must say it was a lot of waiting around, and the interview itself was such an anticlimax!!! I really thought I was going to be taken into a room and interigated lol!! Glad to say not the case ... up to a window where the consular took my fingerprints had a laugh and joke with Mike and I and told us what to expect when I get to the US!!! He mentioned it's bit of a prison sentence until I get my AOS etc.... Anyway everything going smoothly fingers crossed, hoping to fly to Houston on the 9th of Sept to be with my better half!!!

I'll keep in touch... take care everyone!!!! Luv M xxx

It's been a super long time since I last posted on here, however I have had a quick read over everyone's posts and everyone seems happy and moving swiftly along to the finishing line, which is great to see!!!

I am glad to say that Mike and I had our Visa approved. Mike came over for a weeks visit recently, and coincidence should have it that My visa interview and medical were scheduled for the day after he arrived in London; therefore he got to come with me!!! I must say it was a lot of waiting around, and the interview itself was such an anticlimax!!! I really thought I was going to be taken into a room and interigated lol!! Glad to say not the case ... up to a window where the consular took my fingerprints had a laugh and joke with Mike and I and told us what to expect when I get to the US!!! He mentioned it's bit of a prison sentence until I get my AOS etc.... Anyway everything going smoothly fingers crossed, hoping to fly to Houston on the 9th of Sept to be with my better half!!!

Congrats!! :dance: :dance: That is great news.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All!

Just a quick note to say that I had my interview July 31st and was approved!!! I'm so happy! Things are finally moving along. I got to celebrate the visa at the Toronto carnival where Dex and I met 4 years ago. We had a great time! I'm now back in Montreal and I need to start packing!!!! After I recover from my crazy weekend of course! Glad to see things are still moving smoothly for peole and congrats to m&m on your approval!!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello All!

Just a quick note to say that I had my interview July 31st and was approved!!! I'm so happy! Things are finally moving along. I got to celebrate the visa at the Toronto carnival where Dex and I met 4 years ago. We had a great time! I'm now back in Montreal and I need to start packing!!!! After I recover from my crazy weekend of course! Glad to see things are still moving smoothly for peole and congrats to m&m on your approval!!

Just a quick note to say taht I had my interview july 28 and was approved!!!!!

I'am so happy!!!!!!! I need to start packing!!!!

Thanks so much to every one and glad to see things are still moving smoothly....

and congrat.... for every one get approvalllllll :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline
Hello All!

That's super news, well done both of you!!!! :dance:

Timeline
Hello All!

Just a quick note to say taht I had my interview july 28 and was approved!!!!!

I'am so happy!!!!!!! I need to start packing!!!!

Thanks so much to every one and glad to see things are still moving smoothly....

and congrat.... for every one get approvalllllll :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well done !!! The hard bit is over !!! Such a relief!!! :dance:

Timeline

Congrats!! :dance: :dance: That is great news.

Thankyou :star:

Timeline

Hey October people, Hope you are all well! Does anyone know why it's cheaper to buy a return ticket rather than a one way?? I can't see any logical reason at all??? Your answers will be appreciated? M x

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

my visa got approved today yay!!! congrats to everyone who is moving forward!!!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know why that is for some countries. It's not like that usually for Canada to the US so I have no logical answer lol.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

I rang Continental Airlines and they told me it was because they put more restrictions on the round trip?? Ok... guess it kinda makes sense lol! Gonna get a return nearly $300 dollars cheaper. Thanks for your reply tho... glad it wasnt just me that couldnt understand it!!! :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.