beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got our NOA1 today! :dance:

We met in 2003 in the UK. He liked my boots, but didn't ask me out to lunch until 2007 in the US. We've spent the GDP of a small country on flights to see each other during that time and can't wait to see each for Christmas and New Year's.

Best of luck to everyone!

Woo hoo! Now the wait begins lol.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We met in 2003 in the UK. He liked my boots, but didn't ask me out to lunch until 2007 in the US. We've spent the GDP of a small country on flights to see each other during that time and can't wait to see each for Christmas and New Year's.

Woo hoo! Now the wait begins lol.

Great idea Laura!

My name is Anne and of course Johan is my fiancé. We met in Atlanta over Christmas 2007 when Johan and his friends were on holiday from Sweden. I am in my final year of law school and work part-time as a law clerk. Johan is a partner in a clothing company that he and two friends created last year. I have many interests: riding horses, pilates, golf, scrapbooking—but these are all on hold because I spend most of my free time skyping with Johan and reading/studying for school. Johan’s interests are ice hockey, playing World of Warcraft, music, and working out too.

Johan and I are fortunate because we last saw each other on October 1 of this year when Johan was able to spend 3 months here in Atlanta and I am going to spend five weeks in Sweden beginning December 9th over my winter holiday.

We cannot wait to be married and start the next phase of our life together! I always think to myself that if we can make it through an international long distance relationship and the visa journey then we can make it through all of life’s challenges! We are both very grateful for this website; it is incredibly comforting to know that there are so many others in a similar situation.

Piw8m5.png

12.28.07 ♥ Met in atlanta through mutual friends

8.23.08 ♥ Engaged!

10.7.08 ♥ Noa1

2.11.09 ♥ Noa2

2.19.09 ♥ Case Left NVC for Sweden!

3.2.09 ♥ Medical:Passed!

3.4.09 ♥ Packet 4 Received

3.12.09 ♥ Interview: APPROVED

3.17.09 ♥ Visa Received!

4.1.09 ♥ POE: Atlanta

4.12.09 ♥ Civil Marriage

AOS

4.27.09 ♥ Sent AOS

4.30.09 ♥ AOS Package Arrived, Signed for by J. Chyba @ 12:23

5.05.09 ♥ NOA 1 AOS, EAD, AP

5.09.09 ♥ NOA 1 Hardcopy Rec'd

6.03.09 ♥ Biometrics Completed

6.04.09 ♥ AOS & EAD Touch

6.12.09 ♥ Case Transferred to CSC

6.16.09 ♥ Email Approval Notice from CRIS for AP!!

6.19.09 ♥ EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

6.19.09 ♥ AP Received

6.22.09 ♥ EAD Received

8.25.09 ♥ GC Production Ordered

8.31.09 Green Card Received in the mail

1.23.10 Our little bundle of joy arrived happy and healthy. We r now a complete family.

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to everyone who already gave a small introduction about their love story...it was nice knowing how each one of us met the person we want to spend the rest of our lives with.

i just wish that i could go to baltimore and use my tourist visa for christmas and visit him but the tickets are very expensive like $1700 for roundtrip flight from the philippines and i don't want to

use my savings and just put it to waste when i'm not allowed to enter america.

K1 Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Touched : 2008-10-08

NOA2 : 2009-02-17

NVC: 2009-02-19

Left NVC: 2009-02-20

USEM: 2009-02-24

Medical: March 5-6, 2009

Visa Interview: March 11, 2009

Visa Delivered: March 14, 2009

St. Mary's Katipunan QC: March 16, 2009 got my CFO sticker

Flight: April 14, 2009

Marriage: April 16, 2009

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

June 16, 2009 - Biometrics

June 17, 2009 - case transfered to CA

Sept. 23, 2009 - Green card received

Hello to everyone who already gave a small introduction about their love story...it was nice knowing how each one of us met the person we want to spend the rest of our lives with.

i just wish that i could go to baltimore and use my tourist visa for christmas and visit him but the tickets are very expensive like $1700 for roundtrip flight from the philippines and i don't want to

use my savings and just put it to waste when i'm not allowed to enter america.

I got my ticket 50% off since I am traveling New Years Eve.

USEM NBI Requirements:

Timeline
I got my ticket 50% off since I am traveling New Years Eve.

wow lucky you...can't travel to america coz they might not allow me to enter plus my parents want me to spend christmas with them coz i spent christmas for the past 2 years in america. Christmas in the Philippines is better than usa for Filipinos coz of the big family gatherings.

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Yup Yup, i know I'm Filipino as well, born and raised, hehehehe...

I wish I could spend Christmas there too, ticket prices are just redicolous...

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Originally I discussed with my fiancee the notion of flying to Thailand once she has received the visa and coming back to America with her. Although she really would love that, I have decided against it for the same reason. It costs too much during a time when we really need all we can save. With an impending wedding, the costs of her move, and supporting her until she can work, I am not even treating myself to anything more than oatmeal and rice for my daily meals. ok, an occasional apple too.

Timeline

you are right pete..flying to thailand is just like flying to the philippines....i just wish usa to the philippines is just as close as thailand and philippines where in i can fly from the philippines to thailand for about $50 one way. Thailand is similar to the philippines..i also remember when i was in college i stayed in thailand for 3 weeks to learn hospitality and thai cooking but what i did there was mostly shopping hahaha. but treat yourself sometime....have you been to the H mart at route 40? korean food there is good and cheap.....

i'm also saving money by trying to just stay home and not to go to the malls which is a big sacrifice for me. i am currently not working and just waiting for my petition which makes the days and waiting longer but at the same time i was thinking that i want to spend more time with my parents and that if i work they wont see me often.

soinlove- both me and my soon to be hubby was born in the philippines...pure pilipino nga hahaha pag kinausap mo sha parang hindi taga america kasi tagalog na tagalog kami mag usap!saan ka sa pilipinas? (pure filipino hahaha when you talk to him, he does not sound like an american coz we speak using tagalog which is our native dialect!)

Originally I discussed with my fiancee the notion of flying to Thailand once she has received the visa and coming back to America with her. Although she really would love that, I have decided against it for the same reason. It costs too much during a time when we really need all we can save. With an impending wedding, the costs of her move, and supporting her until she can work, I am not even treating myself to anything more than oatmeal and rice for my daily meals. ok, an occasional apple too.

K1 Timeline

AOS

May 18, 2009 - sent AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol Now, I wonder how this works out because I live directly in the middle of the continent. For real, I have a sign :). On average tickets to Maine for me cost 1200-2300. And to fly to Boston and bus is about 900-1200. And that's for just 2000 miles of traveling. They get ya no matter where you live. But I am super excited to do my first American Thanksgiving. Even though our petition hasn't been put into the system or anything, I am bringing all my proof of ties to Canada just in case. And, I've decided I will continue to post in the October thread, because well I made it and anything past October is just depressing lol.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

And to fly to Boston and bus is about 900-1200. And that's for just 2000 miles of traveling. They get ya no matter where you live.

That's very true.. it usually costs us around $800-1000 from London to Boston, which is 3000 miles. It's not a lot in comparison to most places, but it is when you're living on a student loan and booking 4 flights a year. :P That's $3,000-4,000 of my budget gone. This leaves me with $6,000 for the year! Of course, I don't regret a thing. As long as my rent is paid, my ticket is booked and there's food in my cupboard, I shouldn't complain.

Oooooh, wishing you a good time for Thanksgiving... and hoping you either finally get a reply or that another package is successfully sent.

Edited by Gemmie

KAYE - I am from Zamboanga City - Asia's Latin city. I can speak Tagalog and Chavacano.

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
And to fly to Boston and bus is about 900-1200. And that's for just 2000 miles of traveling. They get ya no matter where you live.

That's very true.. it usually costs us around $800-1000 from London to Boston, which is 3000 miles. It's not a lot in comparison to most places, but it is when you're living on a student loan and booking 4 flights a year. :P That's $3,000-4,000 of my budget gone. This leaves me with $6,000 for the year! Of course, I don't regret a thing. As long as my rent is paid, my ticket is booked and there's food in my cupboard, I shouldn't complain.

Oooooh, wishing you a good time for Thanksgiving... and hoping you either finally get a reply or that another package is successfully sent.

$800-1000 seems quite a lot. For when I leave the UK I've been doing some costings for a direct flight to Atlanta and it's coming up at about £294 which is approx $459. That's going with Delta on expedia.co.uk. Granted my flights to PA via Detroit were $1600. I suppose it depends where you are flying to. We are hoping Tom will be able to fly to the UK, attend my leaving party and fly back with me but it's looking doubtful at the moment as he's not sure if he'll have enough leave. My parents said they would pay for his flights but it all depends on the leave. It's weird in the military.

A Christmas trip to Bahrain is also out of the question as the prices have rocketed. Plus what with Tom working nights I would never even get to see him.

Edited by Laura+Tom

The cheapest we ever got was £270 / $540 (at least with the exchange rate back then...) and the most expensive £650! To be fair, that's with a travel agent and now I book with expedia too, so much cheaper. On average it's about £400 including bus tickets though.

It's a shame that you can't see Tom this Christmas, but keep focused on next year and how you'll be together probably in spring/summer.

$650? $459? Those are some good prices from the UK to Atlanta. Andrea lives in the UK and I, Rob live in Nashville and usually see each other every 3-4 months since summer of 2007. Prices have been between $600-$1100 round trip into Manchester. My flight to her on Christmas day is actually one of the more expensive flights I've paid recently - but she's worth 1000 times that ;-). I usually travel through Atlanta, especially in winter, because they usually have less delays than JFK which has always been delay prone.

In between flights, we couldn't be without skype's webcam. We can see each other and talk everyday for free computer to computer. Best thing ever! We've known each other since 2000, but only became involved last summer. Since then, we've become inseparable. Our hope is to have the NOA2 sometime in early Jan and fly to her for the interview sometime in April. We'll do the legal marriage when she arrives here, and have booked a formal ceremony for next November back in the UK.

Like most of you, I've spent hours reading these forums while we wait. It's nice to have some insight as to what to expect and what to do. Now if we can only make the calendar go faster :clock::pop:

K-1 - I-129F

Consulate : London, England

• 18 May 2009: Interview - **APPROVED** (213 Days)

AOS - I-485

Field Office: Memphis, TN

• 15 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 131 Days!

EAD - I-765

• 02 Dec 2009: **APPROVED!!** 141 Days (recommend do NOT e-file)

ROC - I-781

• 07 Nov 2011: Package mailed to VSC (USPS Express mail)
  • 08 Nov 2011: Package received at VSC
  • 09 Nov 2011 - NOA1
  • 13 Jan 2012 - Biometrics appointment
  • 24 Aug 2012 - RFE (bummed!!!)
  • 13 Sep 2012 - **APPROVED!!**
  • 24 Sep 2012 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.